shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding a dress for my plus size BM

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping the lovely ladies of Pricescope might be able to help me and my bridesmaid in our dilemma.

I have chosen the Jasmine Belsoie and B2 lines for my bridesmaid gowns and told my bridesmaids they could have their pick of whatever made them comfortable. The only requirement is that the gown had to be tafetta so that it could be ordered in the color I''ve chosen. Now here is the issue, there isn''t a single shop in town that stocks gowns in plus sizes. What is my one bridesmaid supposed to do? Do they really expect her to blind order a gown and hope that it works out?

We did go to David''s Bridal to try on dresses for silhouette (they didn''t have much,) but then found that the one dress that really worked for her at David''s, didn''t seem have a match in the Jasmine line.

Do any of you have suggestions for what we might do?

I''ll throw in there that we''re in Northern California, just in case someone knows of a bridal shop that stocks plus size BM dresses.
1.gif

Thanks...

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
This might be a really stupid suggestion, but can you go on The Knot or Wedding Channel, plug in your requirements, and see what comes up?

You could also call Jasmine/bridal shop that sells plus-size Jasmine gowns and see what kind of accommodations they could make re: returns if your BM orders from a different store, if the dresses are typically final sale. Have her get measured at a tailor and order the dress size that''s closest to her measurements without going under any of the numbers. The company''s HQ will also know where she can get a dress. Some of the smaller companies even have try-on policies, where the samples (usually up to three) are sent to the BM, who tries them on and sends back the rejects.

Anyway, just some ideas. I''d hope they''d work with you on this
1.gif

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jasmine makes dresses in her size. The issue is that none of the shops carry dresses in her size for her to try on.

I will try to call and see if they will ship dresses to try on.

All sales are final on these dresses.

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure about bridal salons to try on the dresses, but I ordered my BM dress from linky where the price was generally lower and shipping is free if you order more than one dress.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results