shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding a 3-Stone Setting w/ Pear Shaped Sidestones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nalo

Rough_Rock
First of all Thank You to all the people who chimed in their opinions on my Verragio post. Now here's the dillema.

My Fiance's FIRST choice was to have a 3-Stone platinum w/ pear shaped sidestones. So I searched w/ no luck. Why I initially came up w/ Verragio is because she bumped into the Verragio line at a local jeweler and she immediately fell in love. Verragio has a pear sidestone setting for an astonishing $3400+(way out of our budget), but she insisted on having a Verragio even if it meant the affordable Euro Series w/ Round sidestones. The catch is, the sidestones have to be .34cttw or more to total at least 1ct for the whole ring.

Today while in the Mall, she seen a Woman w/ a ring w/ pear sidestones, now my Fiance is again totally in love w/ pear sidestone(her first choice) and although she would prefer a Designer, at this point she wouldn't care who made it.

Any suggestions on where I can find pear shaped sidestone platinum settings? Do they come in a 6-prong setting since I've read they're more secure? Is a 6 prong setting too much for a .665 diamond, will it sort of "hide" the diamond?

I seen the Vatche pear sidestone setting, but it looks like the center diamond sits relatively low to the sidestones. My Fiance wants the center diamond to sit relatively high above the sidestones(being that the center diamond is a .665ct), that is why I'm inquiring about 6-prong settings. The Verragio settings have the center diamonds set high above the sidestones.

Thank you in advance!
Sean

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
High set center, pear sides... you need a remuint with pear sides and a jeweler to get the center stone on a high "head" - this should be about as cheap a mounting as they get! Here's one such piece - the "head" holdig the center stone gets as high as you want it on the bridge between the pears. Any jeweler can source these...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results