shape
carat
color
clarity

Find the inclusion!?

Where is the major inclusion in this EC?

• Bottom half

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Top half

• Right half

• Left half

• Is there any inclusion here?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There have been a few posts last week about SI1''s and SI2s and their hits an misses. Not that I am not wandering what are these clarity grades good for! Quite a few people would agree that emerald cuts ar the worst at hiding inclusions... and also that inclusions are more visible in bigger stones. Well, the EC below is over 4c, the picture is 10X magnification. Can you find the inclusion? If so, maybe you can tick the right mark below so I can at last know how bad this huge crystal will look when taken for a walk
2.gif

Oh, and I wish professionals would refrain from pointing out what may already be obvious to them alone. After all, this little poll is just a little democratic exercise
1.gif

6ok.jpg

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have circled potential inclusions, but photos of diamonds for inclusions are not really up to showing small inclusions or even large light clouds.....

7ok.jpg

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
Valeria, great poll! This 4 carat whopper looks incredible even under 10X magnification, it must be a stunner to the eye ... can't wait to hear whether it's an SI1 or SI2!
appl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Am I dreaming or is there a feather at about 6 o'clock? Such an inclusion (if it actually is one and not just a reflection) and those pointed out by Dave would be enough to warrant an SI 2ish clarity grade. But (bad) photos can be very tricky.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm I said top half but the potential circles that Dave made were not anything I noticed (except for a few that looked like 'smudges'...could be that the diamond wasn't clean to the 'untrained' eye)....so I'd love to hear the results!! I'm stumped. Looks lovely to me!

rolleyes.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
valeria101

Any answers yet?
21.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually no. the thread went dead when the owner of the diamond posted objected to it. Sorry...

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Grade setting inclusion?

6ok-nat.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elmo,

That looks like an extra facet, but you could be right. Unfortunately, I did not keep the description of that stone, so I do not have the chart of inclusions anymore. Since this old thread resurfaced, maybe a Q dropped at Diamondsbylauren could settle the debate. As far as I remember, the picture posted had a caption saying that the main inclusion (I guess this does mean "grade-making" as you say) is around 6 O’clock... where the picture does not show much of anything.

At the time, I was quite frustrated with the popular myth that ECs are not to be considered under VS1 or such. I like this cut, and it was sad to see buyers deterred from considering ECs when top color and clarities would not be reasonable. That was the whole point, and I still stand by it.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 1/25/2004 9:39:12 AM valeria101 wrote:

That looks like an extra facet, but you could be right.
----------------

Looks like a natural to me...probably eye-visible. Without knowing anything more about it I'm guessing the stone is just over 4 carats such that it would be impossible to polish away without going below 4. But that's just an unprofessional guess
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, the background of that picture is that busy I would never dare clasify the respective speck. Again, you could be right. I also remember there was some extensive discussion about what these features (naturals and extra facets) are. All I see is a potential optical distortion of the background's reflection (as oposed to some opaque speck)...

I know that taking that picture on some even colored background would have helped and did consider this when posting it. However, diamonds are not worn on top of pieces of white paper, so I went for it. I guess this thread should be put to rest again, lest the former owner and seller of this rock settles it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results