shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY!!!

soccerluv

Rough_Rock
After months of research and consulting what felt like a million experts, I sent my SO an email full of what I thought were the perfect specs for me. And then, after months of anticipation, he FINALLY proposed! Of course, he listened to NOTHING I said :wall:

BUT...oh my, did he completely EXCEED anything I could have hoped for and am over the moon :love:
Unfortunately, my iphone pictures don't do it justice but here's some shots!

img_1988-1.jpg

img_1991-1.jpg

img_1990-1.jpg

img_1992-1.jpg

soccerluv

Rough_Rock
Just had to add one more!

img_10274.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!! Specs please! Congratulations

soccerluv

Rough_Rock
He won't give away the specs...but after the amount of research I did I can tell a couple things...

~2ct
Ideal or Excellent cut...its the most sparkly thing I've even seen!
G color or better
Looks just about flawless looking through my little home loupe

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring. Great finger coverage!

Congratulations to you and your love.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a really beautiful ring and looks fab on you! I can see why you're thrilled! Congrats and enjoy your new bling and your engagement! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: You have me very curious what you told him if he did this well going against what you said!

soccerluv

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1451265217|3967055 said:
Gorgeous! :love: You have me very curious what you told him if he did this well going against what you said!

Thanks everyone!!! It's such an exciting time and I kinda can't stop staring at this gift, it really is so stunning.

I'd told him that I was far more concerned with quality than size. And that "cut is king", the common mantra here on PS! Other specs I'd hoped for were G/H color, eye clean SI1. I feel like I might have an E or F, I honestly can't see even a hint of color. He was so excited to have done this on his own (though I hope he got the cut info from me :dance: ), that it added even that much more to receiving this gorgeous ring.

Q

Queenie60

Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful. Wishing you many years of happiness :love: :wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement, it is quite a beautiful ring and I love the setting, very elegant looking on your hand!! :love: :love:

himni

Shiny_Rock
congrats on your engagement. You have beautiful hands :) the ring is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So well done. Congratulations!! That ring is beautiful and looks lovely on you. And it is great that you both communicated and had the conversation before he made his choices. Happy wedded life to you both!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning. It looks bigger! And, of course, the background is just as good!

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulation to you both on your engagement! Ring looks beautiful on you.... :lickout:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement!
Your ring looks amazing on you. What a beauty.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
How do you know he done good if he will not give you the stats - that tells me he has a little secret and cost came into it and cut is not king - but it looks nice on your hand congrats

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Sphene|1451297738|3967232 said:
How do you know he done good if he will not give you the stats - that tells me he has a little secret and cost came into it and cut is not king - but it looks nice on your hand congrats

That is rude. First cut is king. How do you know he has a secret, you don't- and implying you do is disrespectful. If she like's the color, can't see inclusions, and it sparkles like crazy- one would like to think she knows what she like's without the exact specs. At least you had the class to say congrats and it looks good on her hand. That's all I've got. SMH

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That ring is absolutely exquisite and it looks perfect on your hand - congratulations! He did good.

soccerluv

Rough_Rock
Sphene|1451297738|3967232 said:

First of all, thank you to everyone for your kind words! It's so exciting to be able to share this with you all and have you all be so positive about my new jewelry! :clap:

As far as how I know he did good...let me count the reasons. First and foremost, I trust him and believe that he understood that quality was the most important thing to me. Secondly, I can see it and know that is great and unfortunately can't get across just how stunning this beauty is in iphone pictures! Lastly, there are a million other reasons I know that don't need to be detailed here. :wavey:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Wear it in good health!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it looks so beautiful on your hand, congratulations!!!

:appl: :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! And what a beautiful ring!

lb0424

Rough_Rock
Beautiful engagement ring! Congrats!! :)

Do you mind me asking your ring size? I love the finger coverage!

soccerluv

Rough_Rock
lb0424|1451342547|3967569 said:
Beautiful engagement ring! Congrats!! :)

Do you mind me asking your ring size? I love the finger coverage!

Thank you so much! And not at all...I'm between a 4 and 4.25 but the ring size is a 4.25.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can understand why you can't stop staring at it -- just gorgeous!! Congratulations and very best wishes!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's sparkly and gorgeous on your hand!! Congratulations on your engagement!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
This is beautiful! Lucky girl!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
To me, the proportions are spot on with the pave band and the size of the center. I just love it! The first picture you posted is my favorite of the diamond. So pretty! :love: Congratulations and best of luck with your wedding planning.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a beautiful ring! :love: It looks gorgeous on you! Your fiancé picked out a real sparkler! Well done! Congratulations to both of you on your engagement! :clap: Thanks for letting us share in the excitement! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results