shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally want to set my Blue HPHT

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
So after having my small Blue HPHT loose for a few years, I finally decided on a setting (I think?)

I have a colorless pear set into a pendant I had made for my mom years ago. She no longer wears it and gave it back to me. I will never wear this pendant so wasn't sure what to do. But now I'm thinking of a Moi Trois ring like the pic but set east, west instead of north, south.

Are these rings just a fad and will I regret it in a few years? I'm not the type that likes to reset stones so if I hate it down the road, it's just gonna sit in my jewelry box.

Also, any reason why not to set a man-made with a natural diamond? Thoughts?

Inspiration pic
inspiration.jpg

My stones

F VS1 AND BLUE HPHT.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your inspiration pic! I think moi and toi rings will always be in fashion, but they are really fashionable right now. My only concern is the white pear looks really big. What are the measurements of both stones and your finger size?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
i love that color blue! it's amazing! i agree that a toi et moi ring would be lovely

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
A few random thoughts here fwiw.

Either one stone or three stones in a ring looks more pleasing to my eye. Two stones, not so much.

Also, setting stones together into one piece just because they're what someone happens to have on hand is something I've seen a lot and have frequently not cared for the results.

However, of course all that matters here is what you think.

Personally, I'd probably set them into separate pieces that I absolutely loved. Otherwise, I might just sell one or both of them.

I don't know about setting a lab and mined diamond together. I think it might bring the value of the piece down if you ever wanted to sell it. Consider a mined diamond set alongside a cubic zirconia, for ex. It just seems kind of confusing or something imo.

Below is one idea that crossed my mind, just a thought, a dangly pendant on a short (16 inch) chain with the small round diamond between the two pears. Please keep us posted!

blue white.jpg

Last edited:

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Love your inspiration pic! I think moi and toi rings will always be in fashion, but they are really fashionable right now. My only concern is the white pear looks really big. What are the measurements of both stones and your finger size?

the white pear is .53ct and the blue .41ct
the size difference concerns me too, but it's not as obvious as in the way I placed them in the pic.

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I love the idea of a toi et moi! I think they're unique but timeless. I especially love that they aren't the same size, gives it a bit something more. If it bothers you, there are toi et moi's with one stone halo'ed, or bezeled.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toi et moi are a classic ring style which I think looks amazing. Would you be looking to do a modern style or a vintage one?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Toi et moi are a classic ring style which I think looks amazing. Would you be looking to do a modern style or a vintage one?
Definitely more modern.

Your pups are adorable!! :kiss2:

I like the idea! I wonder if you could incorporate the little tiny bezel diamond in the necklace as well. I like the deliberate asymmetry and I think it’ll look great. If you’re putting the ring together to wear I don’t see any issue with mixing lab and mined diamonds. I wonder how it would look to have the white pear pointing upward at an angle, with the round diamond below at the rounded part, and then the blue diamond angled downward (again with the rounded part in contact with the small round). Sort of like two petals on a flower. If you post the dimension of the three stones I’ll try and mock up what I mean!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely more modern.

Your pups are adorable!! :kiss2:
Thank you! We think so too :)
Modern just like your inspiration would be beautiful. The blue pear is a lovely colour

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea! I wonder if you could incorporate the little tiny bezel diamond in the necklace as well. I like the deliberate asymmetry and I think it’ll look great. If you’re putting the ring together to wear I don’t see any issue with mixing lab and mined diamonds. I wonder how it would look to have the white pear pointing upward at an angle, with the round diamond below at the rounded part, and then the blue diamond angled downward (again with the rounded part in contact with the small round). Sort of like two petals on a flower. If you post the dimension of the three stones I’ll try and mock up what I mean!

The little bezel diamond is actually one of the bezels on a DBTY style chain. I was hoping to keep it as a necklace minus the pear.

The white is .53ct and the blue is .41ct
Unfortunately, I have to look through lots of boxes to find their reports since I don't remember the dimensions.

dbty.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if you're interested in other options but if so, since you like a modern look, another idea is a cuff bracelet that's open in the front:

s-l300.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if you're interested in other options but if so, since you like a modern look, another idea is a cuff bracelet that's open in the front:

s-l300.jpg

Very pretty, but unfortunately I don't wear bracelets. So it's a ring or pendant for me, and I have enough pendants so ring it is...=)2

The little bezel diamond is actually one of the bezels on a DBTY style chain. I was hoping to keep it as a necklace minus the pear.

The white is .53ct and the blue is .41ct
Unfortunately, I have to look through lots of boxes to find their reports since I don't remember the dimensions.

dbty.jpg

Oh then in that case I think your original inspo will look great!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results