shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally the time has come - Seeking advice on diamond

earsly

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

After many years of dating, we have finally decided to start the process of getting engaged. I have decided to work with GOG and visited them while on vacation. They found this diamond for $14,100. The person helping me believe it is "eye clean" but GOG does not have it in stock and would have to get it sent to their office. They will only sell it to me if it's eye clean. I wanted opinions on if you think this is a good diamond. Stats are below...HCA shows 2.4/2.5

If this stone were to be eye clean...would you get it? Thanks.

Round Brilliant
Measurements: 7.63 - 7.65 x 4.76 mm
Carat Weight: 1.72 carat
Color Grade: G
Clarity Grade: SI2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Proportions:
Depth: 62.3%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown Height: 15.0%
Pavilion Angle: 41.0°
Pavilion Depth: 43.5%
Star length: 50%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers slightly iffy, depends on the direction GIA rounds the numbers in. Definitely need IS image.

earsly

Rough_Rock
Thanks Stonecold. I have decided to ask GOG to pull in this diamond to get it further examined. I report back once it comes in.

earsly

Rough_Rock
I just got the pictures of this diamond. The diamond receives GOG life policies because of its brilliance. It looks to be eye-clean!

"The SI2 inclusions are great as well. They are not notable either. Maybe if you stare at the diamond for a very long time from like 4 inches away you “might” (probably not) see something but you would really have to look extremely hard."

Here's a link to the diamond

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8406/

Let me know if you guys think its a good deal at 14.1k

Thanks so much!

ags pgs__i.jpg

arrows__s.jpg

aset.jpg

DiamXRay.jpg

earsly

Rough_Rock
Here's some more pictures

hearts.jpg

Diamond.jpg

clarity1__i.jpg

clarity2__i.jpg

earsly

Rough_Rock
Sorry for bumping so soon but GOG won't hold it too long. Any feedback would be great.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Images look good to me as long as eye-clean. Not H&A but it is not sold as a H&A.

earsly

Rough_Rock
Thanks Stonecold. I just got the diamond a few days ago. Here's a video of my diamond on the right.

http://vimeo.com/24887262

Goodoldgold definitely is as good as people say they are =)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto, congrats on your purchase :))

I will be interested to read your thoughts on the wisps once you get the stone. I had a 2ct SI2 w/ wisps that was almost totally eyeclean - you had to look very closely from specific angles to see faint white trails. Another poster, however, had a very negative experience with black wisps - so clearly they can be all over the map! Though I imagine you asked GOG about it and since they answered positively I assume this is not the case, and I would certainly trust their answer :sun:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results