shape
carat
color
clarity

finally - spess pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''ve been playing with my spess and new camera and have learned a couple of things:

it is impossible to photograph sparkly orange spess and have it look orange. my spess has no yellow, red, or brown but you wouldn''t know that from the pictures.

i should make sure to clean the stone so that fingerprints and lint don''t spoil an otherwise half way decent shot!

thank you all for all your patience in waiting for pictures and for putting up with the quality of these pictures. they do not do the spess justice!

peace, movie zombie

AMM Photos 033.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

AMM Photos 039.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

AMM Photos 055.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

AMM Photos 062.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

AMM Photos 117.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

AMM Photos 118.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and last but not least, #7

AMM Photos 119.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
yay!!!
36.gif
when i saw the title of this thread, i was sooooo hoping it was YOUR finally spess pictures!!
36.gif
wow mz, it is just decadent! i absolutely love it!
18.gif
i''m soooo happy to see these pics!! you just made my night!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
one word:
YUMMY!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A clam ! Your pictures are lovely....

Lucky garnet to find its way into your hands. It is a wonderful piece, of course. What are the plans for it?
2.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OH WOW MZ!! It was so worth the wait. Your stone is absolutley beautiful CHeck out all those facets... I can imagine how it must flas in the sunlight... YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!

The pictures that you have taken are just lovely. It is so hard to catch the right light, angle and everytinng to get the true depeth and beauty of a spess.. but I think that it is wonderful... SO if these are the ''not so good'' pictures.. then I can ONLY IMAGINE What the others will look like... AWESOME!!!

Congratulations on your yummy stone! Now.. when is that ring coming.. (I know... I am impatient)

Very very Beautiful!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s soooooooooooooooooooooo PRETTY. MZ, congrats on acquiring that delectable bauble. Remember to have patience with us when we harangue you for more stone pics and setting pics and hand pics cause we''re....well, ya know...obsessed with color in general and jewels and particular.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Finally we see it! It''s absolutely, drop-deadly beautiful! Only if I can see it for real to see that pure orange color!
36.gif

I love #7, shows very well of the depth and the ''water'' feeling. Again, I am closing my eyes just to fine tuen the color to that bright orange!

Like #3 too, see that brilliance!

By the way, what did you use as the supporting base in #3? Looks like a fish tail to me!
27.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the original goal was to have it mounted and done by december 30 which is our 2nd anniversary. then i was going to have it done by the end of august so i could wear it to toronto in september .

playing with the spess and taking pictures has helped to take off the ''i must get this stone set immediately'' feeling. i want to take my time because it really is quite large.

8.18 carats
11.6 x 10.2

i really like that its a ''fat'' oval...

the original plan was to set it with a george sawyer mokume gane. i''ve also talked with richard wise about having him design something for it. both are willing to design something unique for me.

something that would be a no-no with a diamond but that i love about this spess is that if the sun hits it just right, there are tiny dots of orange that come through the bottom of the pavillion. i want to perserve that ''cause i just think it is so awesome when it happens and i''d like that kind of contact with my spess...actually, i do call it ''my precious'' at times! so a full bezel is out of the question. but the girdle will definitely have to be protected.

right now we''re rather occupied with coordinating retaining wall work we''re having done here. and while i know i can multi-task with the best of them, i think i''m going to go back to the original idea of having it done by december 30.

i''ll clean the spess up a bit and keep on trying to capture the color. i just cannot begin to tell you how orange it is...no brown, no yellow, no red. but if the pro''s can''t do it, i don''t think i''ll be able to either. but i do love playing with it so i''ll keep on trying!

btw, i also have a .69 marquise ramona mine spess. i''ll try and get some photos of it also to post.

i am open to any ideas or suggestions....or words of wisdom regarding the pitfalls of setting a larger stone.

peace, movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yingh, i used an ordinary mussel shell i had collected some years ago at some nameless beach! i took lots of shots using shells as the base but we cropped the shots to make posting easier. its too bad i hadn''t the sense to clean the spess between shooting days. it wasn''t until we cropped and zoomed into these pictures last night that i realized how dirty i''d allowed ''my precious'' to become! but i was afraid i wouldn''t get any better shots for awhile and decided to post anyway.

peace, movie zombie

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
THat is really, really gorgeous! I think I must have missed an earlier thread, but where did this beauty come from? Sigh... I just LOVE big, juicy, colored gems, especially for e-rings!

I can''t wait to see what you do with this!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s one gorgeous stone! I too can''t wait to see what you end up doing with it.

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous and worth the wait! Congratulations. Can''t wait to see the ring.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2005 12:48:24 PM
Author: velouriaL
THat is really, really gorgeous! I think I must have missed an earlier thread, but where did this beauty come from? Sigh... I just LOVE big, juicy, colored gems, especially for e-rings!

I can''t wait to see what you do with this!
purchased from richard wise.....

not sure if i actually stated who i got the beauty from previously. i did post that i''d purchased an 8.18 spess and would eventually be posting pictures.

i took some more today and some of the little .69 little three mines out of ramona, california as well. i can now say that taking pictures of the 8.18 was easy compared to the .69!!!!! i also took a picture of a little three mines spess specimen i bought and will post that as well. perhaps will post the california aquamarine specimen while i''m at it.

i''m spending way too much time with camera and rocks!

i originally came to pricescope researching diamonds. its really been an education and i know i''ve got so much more to learn. color gems absolutely fascinate me and i just can''t imagine ever wanting a diamond again.....well, i would like a champaigne diamond but that has color in it, too!

i want to thank all the pricescopers for posting so i could learn. and i''d never have found richard wise and this spess if it had not been for pricescope.

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

peace, movie zombie

blumoon

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful color! I know what you mean about PS "awakening" your interest. I came here to learn about diamonds and I am really liking the colored stones. The spess is on my radar. I love orange!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
MZ - you should also include the professional picture of your precious. That is the most beautiful orange I''ve ever seen!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you, yingh!

unfortunately, there is not yet a professional picture. richard wise has offered to do so in the thread you started....and i''m going to take him up on it at some point.

tried getting more pictures yesterday and am going to post them now. stilll not accurate color at all but i think they still show the cut and ''water'' to some adantage.

peace, movie zombie

AMM Photos 192.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
one more

AMM Photos 193.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my little .69 little three mines spess is not nearly as nice but i like it anyway. typical marquise cut problems and has inclusions. it was even more difficult to photograph than the 8.18. it is more attractive than the photos but it is definitely not eye clean. but i thought i''d post them anyway.

AMM Photos 230.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
to see the two next to each other is like seeing mut and jeff!

AMM Photos 205.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and for more fun i give you a crystal specimen from the little three mines:

AMM Photos 206.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and so the specimen won''t be lonely, i''m postiing one last picture: also a specimen but of california aquamarine:

AMM Photos 210.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey mz! the new pics are grrreat! you''re pretty handy with that new camera!
36.gif

is the little three specimen your ebay find?

love them all!
2.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good memory, belle! yes, the spess specimen is from eBay.

and i''m loving this new camera! i never did buy an SLR so i think it was a good choice.

peace, movie zombie

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
oooohhhhh MZ... i can feel the green monster talking to me.... those are so yummy and once again your stone is AWESOME!!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results