shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally settled on a diamond and would love opinions from Cut Nut and others

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

golfer

Shiny_Rock
After much searching, I've now found the following:

Diam: 7.55 mm (7.55-7.56)
Depth: 60.7% (4.58 mm)
Table: 55.6% (4.20 mm)
Crown: 34.0 (14.8%)
Pavil: 40.8 (42.9%)
Culet: .7%
Girdle: thin to medium

Color: G
Clarity: VS2

The size is 1.57 carats.

I have two questions. Most importantly, what do you think of the cut? HCA rates it .7, excellent in everything except spread/weight (which I care about least). Also, the first (inaccurate) Sarin came back with an HCA of 1.0, though it had all 4 as excellent. Is .7 really better than 1.0? They were both TIC range. My impression was that under 2, all numbers are equal -- is that correct? Is the "excellent" on the fire/brilliance/etc (any of the above) a better "excellent" on a .7-rated HCA diamong than on a 1.0-rated HCA diamond?

(If someone could run a .gem file -- that'd be wonderful, I have the diamond calc software free version but don't want to pay $280 to be able to run this one round stone).

Also, Cut Nut, I know the HCA scale is being tweaked -- can you tell me how this diamond will do post-tweaking?

Question 2: I paid $11,700. I feel like I got a good deal. Comments?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help.

golfer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Cut Nut. Also polish and symmetry are excellent, and there is no fluorescence.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
"Pity it has no Flouro "

Cutnut, I know there are lot of different views and opinions about flo. Just wondering what your's was?

golfer

Shiny_Rock
anyone else have any thoughts?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Golfer you got "buyers remorse" ???

You surely have a beutiful stone.
Take it to a Mall and compare it to the frozen spit that is commonly on offer, and please report back :)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/25/2002 8:37:46 AM

anyone else have any thoughts?
----------------

Sounds like a VERY nice stone. Price seems in line w/ paying a tad for service....nothing wrong with that. I think your good to go....let's us know when.
:appl:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results