shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally Set Jeff White Asscher Zircon

wildcatz

Rough_Rock
About three years ago when I was off work for two months recovering from back surgery and spending time lurking on the colored gemstones forum, I decided I *needed* to celebrate my recovery with a special stone.

Anyway, there were a number of zircons being posted at that time and because they reminded me color-wise of my birthstone (aquamarine) I decided to go in this direction. I contacted Jeff White and he had a piece of rough which was a little smaller than I was initially looking for but it was the only one he had appropriate for an asscher, so I went for it.

Here is the rough:
rough.png

And the finished stone:
zircon.png
The stone finished at 4 carats and 7.9mm. Zircons sure are heavy for their size!

wildcatz

Rough_Rock
I had a really hard time choosing a setting, there are not a lot of examples of settings for asschers. Ended up going with Caysie. Here are her photos:

Front view 2 completed ring.JPG
Front view 3 completed ring.JPG Front view completed ring.JPG Shoulder view completed ring.JPG Side view completed ring.JPG

I'll post hand shots later when I open the box.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful, congrats! You inspire me to get some stone I have had for years set.

Eady

Rough_Rock
Wow! That looks stunning!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful colour and cut! Stunning ring! Congrats!!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!
Beautiful stone and ring

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just LOVELY!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!!!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a really hard time choosing a setting, there are not a lot of examples of settings for asschers. Ended up going with Caysie. Here are her photos:

Front view 2 completed ring.JPG
Front view 3 completed ring.JPG Front view completed ring.JPG Shoulder view completed ring.JPG Side view completed ring.JPG

I'll post hand shots later when I open the box.

4E74049A-0989-448B-BCEC-0665EEEDFCFA.jpeg

Stunning!! This is a gorgeous zircon in a crazy gorgeous setting! :love:
I love the double claw prongs and the petals/leaves on the shank. I can’t wait to see your hand pics!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super lovely...,It reminds me of an ice queen ring! Congratulations!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yowza. What a stunning ring! Belongs in a Disney movie

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw your ring on Caysie’s IG and kept going back for sneaky second looks - it’s amazing! I don’t think ive seen an Acacia setting with an asscher before? It’s stunning - congrats!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone (I am sure it sparkles like mad) and the setting is very elegant. :love:

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
I saw this on IG and just about died - it's spectacular!!!!! Please share more pics when it's on your finger!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning setting and gorgeous stone. Love this ring so much. :love:
Adding my request to the chorus for more photos please. It’s delicious!!!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really outastanding! Caysie work is perfection and showcase this JW zircon! So lovely, don’t forget handshots!
-C4C

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to your photos! That is a beautiful setting for a lovely stone! Congratulations!!!

wildcatz

Rough_Rock
Didn't mean to leave you hanging - a couple of hand shots for scale. Zircon is an interesting stone, very sparkly but moody. While it is light blue mostly, in some light it is very silvery but still sparkly. I will likely resize the setting as I am used to wearing a wider ring and I didn't realize a narrow ring should be tighter so that it doesn't move around so much.

The shank of this ring is 2mm near the shoulder and 3mm in the back. Caysie wanted more weight in the back to balance the ring. To be honest I am not used to such a dainty ring, I feel like it needs another band to wear with it to give it more presence. I have a really hard time translating the size of a ring in a magnified photo to actual size on the hand. The pave work on the shoulders is so finely done, I really don't know how they manage to do this without going blind.

ZFRONT.JPG
ZSIDE.JPG

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:
About three years ago when I was off work for two months recovering from back surgery and spending time lurking on the colored gemstones forum, I decided I *needed* to celebrate my recovery with a special stone.

Anyway, there were a number of zircons being posted at that time and because they reminded me color-wise of my birthstone (aquamarine) I decided to go in this direction. I contacted Jeff White and he had a piece of rough which was a little smaller than I was initially looking for but it was the only one he had appropriate for an asscher, so I went for it.

Here is the rough:
rough.png

And the finished stone:
zircon.png
The stone finished at 4 carats and 7.9mm. Zircons sure are heavy for their size!

Wow!!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Didn't mean to leave you hanging - a couple of hand shots for scale. Zircon is an interesting stone, very sparkly but moody. While it is light blue mostly, in some light it is very silvery but still sparkly. I will likely resize the setting as I am used to wearing a wider ring and I didn't realize a narrow ring should be tighter so that it doesn't move around so much.

The shank of this ring is 2mm near the shoulder and 3mm in the back. Caysie wanted more weight in the back to balance the ring. To be honest I am not used to such a dainty ring, I feel like it needs another band to wear with it to give it more presence. I have a really hard time translating the size of a ring in a magnified photo to actual size on the hand. The pave work on the shoulders is so finely done, I really don't know how they manage to do this without going blind.

ZFRONT.JPG
ZSIDE.JPG
Your new ring is so beautiful and looks perfect on your hand :love:. I love it!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is amazing!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats beautifully cut stone and gorgeous setting!!

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results