shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally saw a Royal Asscher in person.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noles9498

Rough_Rock
....this weekend. I should say, an antique 2.3c Royal Asscher in it''s original art deco setting. And it was beautiful. It was at an antique shop on Royal Street in New Orleans. It was a K-SI1. I saw it in outdoor and indoor lighting and it looked whiter than my H stone. It was beautiful, as was the setting. The dealer had that one and a 1.2c with sapphire side stones - also a unique, original setting. It got me wondering where the market is for these stones - only in antique type stores? It would seem that prime antiqueland like Royal Street would have the highest pricing. The price on the 2c was $14,000, by the way.

noles9498

Rough_Rock
P.S. Also interesting was a "transitional" type stone - one that was cut just at the time leading into advances in cutting RBs.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting, there was a g vs1 or vs2 2.37 carat vintage asscher that supposedly sold for 29k though I found that so hard to believe. I'm talking about hte ring from Nelson Rarities. But, what do I know?

supermanatrandom

Rough_Rock
Hey, i am doing some research on the royal Asscher cut diamonds, but after a search on the web i was led to your comment about the rings that you ran into on the Rue Royal and those prices were quite high i did some looking for you as to prices in regards to a stone that large and i found this: http://www.mondera.com/Diamonds/search_results.asp?mscssid=HPTUGJTSCQ619H8RH46GMQXX98SHFAM9 . I just thought that you would like to know that those prices were very high. Though this link is for loose diamonds and the fact that the ring itself was an antique would have to be taken into account. just thought that you wouls like to know.

Supermanatrandom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results