finally ring shopping! help a newbie, please

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looooove diamond 1.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond 1 has a lot of promise! The numbers look great and the inclusions are off to the side. IDJ can provide light return images - I would ask them to do so for that stone and post them here for evaluation.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
I can see that you smartly cut out the cert numbers so that lurkers have a harder time swiping from under your nose while assessing. However, does the first stone have an inscription like the other 2, which you blacked out? I personally prefer an inscribed diamond as a form of identification and peace of mind so that I can confirm that it wasn’t swapped after a future cleaning or setting adjustment.

phanct

Rough_Rock
@Athena10X i noticed that too and was thinking that if diamond #1 is the winner, i'll have someone laser inscribe the report # for me. I saw that GIA charges just $24 for laser inscription.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
@Athena10X i noticed that too and was thinking that if diamond #1 is the winner, i'll have someone laser inscribe the report # for me. I saw that GIA charges just $24 for laser inscription.

Good idea. I’d send to GIA since not pricey. Also If you end up going with this one, see if IDJ/GIA can provide an inclusion plot that you can verify against.

phanct

Rough_Rock
ladies and gentlemen, i have another diamond for your feedback. i really like the specs for this one too, and it was sourced by GOG for me. thoughts please? i won't be able to get the idealscopes for diamond #1 from previous post until monday.

17116_pic1.jpg agspgs.JPG aset.jpg hearts.jpg itsc.jpg

phanct

Rough_Rock
Any thoughts regarding the GOG diamond ?:D

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
The ASET and IS images look promising. I think the stone may be slightly tilted in the Hearts image, but still exhibits better than average symmetry. Is this a non-branded stone? If so, I would consider this a great find for a GIA XXX “unicorn” even if not a CBI/WF super-ideal. Not familiar with GOG’s return and upgrade policies, but I’ve read of their great reputability on PS. Think your in good hands. Hopefully others will chime in to help with your final decision.

phanct

Rough_Rock
I still haven't heard from the vendor regarding more pictures of diamond 1, but I have yet another diamond for review! The one I'm posting now has specs that are just meeting the recommended values I found on PS. I'm still waiting on the idealscope images for this diamond. Thank you again for all help. I'm hoping to finally find THE one soon ! I'm so ready for this diamond search to be over.
Screenshot_20190325-153147_Samsung Internet.jpg 20190325_153358.jpg 20190325_183955.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results