shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally pulled the trigger, what do you think?

maggiec123

Rough_Rock
purchased this on a whim last night while sleep shopping. Been looking for a gcal 8x at a reasonable price an a lot of the option I’ve been seeing were bought up. Picked this up for 1,700 last light on frank darling. I purchased an eternity band from them earlier this year and was really happy with their customer service.

thoughts on the diamond? Decent for price? When I compare these specs to a natural diamond I can’t find anything within a reasonable price! A little nervous because I never make large purchases on a whim but feel
comfortable with their return policy if I
change my mind.

IMG_0183.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, maggiec123!
Definitely worth a look with your own eyes, but watch out for haziness/blurriness in certain lighting conditions...there does seem to be a bit of graining.
If it all checks out OK, then you've scored a heck of a nice GCAL 8X graded diamond!

maggiec123

Rough_Rock
Hello, maggiec123!
Definitely worth a look with your own eyes, but watch out for haziness/blurriness in certain lighting conditions...there does seem to be a bit of graining.
If it all checks out OK, then you've scored a heck of a nice GCAL 8X graded diamond!
thanks for the feedback!

Oh man I hope it's nice in person. What light conditions do you think would bring out haziness/blurriness? I am so clueless when it comes to this stuff and it all feels too good to be true that these luxuries are finally in a more affordable range. Never in my life did I imagine I would be able to afford something like this...even if I could I don't think I could rationalize a diamond in a natural price range this size/quality

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Every lighting condition that you normally encounter...if it takes on a hazy or blurry, subdued or lifeless appearance, then the graining is interrupting the light transmission.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, maggiec123!

I echo these concerns - do make sure you check it out in several different scenarios to make sure you like the way it looks :) I also think it's possible it has a faint brown/grey tint to it which will lower the cost. I have a stone w/ a faint grey tint that doesn't bother my eyes whatsoever; so your mileage can vary

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, maggiec123!

I agree. It does have more graining than I usually see in GCAL 8x.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
One possibly for you to look at:
HPHT (no blue nuance) with IGI Hearts and Arrows designation...cut precision and optics look quite nice.
Kim N can you lend us your thoughts?

Ask for a price match to $1498

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
HPHT (no blue nuance) with IGI Hearts and Arrows designation...cut precision and optics look quite nice.

Much prefer this option

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, this one is beautiful and better than either of the GCAL 8x. Nice find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results