shape
carat
color
clarity

finally pulled the trigger on a diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clueless1

Rough_Rock
wanna get your input on my purchase.
Today I finally settled on a rock after a lot of research and indecision. Let me know what you guys think. Be honest, I still haven''t wired the money so i would appreciate any tips or warnings you guys might have. The following are the specs:

1.10 carat
G color
SI1 clarity
Round AGS
Diameter 6.72 (6.70-6.74)
depth 4.04 mm 60.30%
table 3.83mm 57%
crown 34.1 0.98mm
pavillion 40.4 2.87mm
culet 0.6% very S
girdle 1.2%

price $4500

the HCA rating comes out to 0.6!
I am a bit uneasy about buying it before looking at it first, but it sounds like a good deal. What do you guys think?
rodent.gif

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Great Price, Great Specs. Have it appraised to be sure but I think you have a winner!

69gm

Shiny_Rock
sounds like a very nice stone with great proportions. as stated, get it independantly appraised to make sure of the quality. but only your eye will be able to determine if it's truly "bling-bling". it doesn't seem like you'll be disappointed though. the price sounds very nice for a stone like this.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow sounds like an excellent deal on what should be a well-cut stone. have it appraised but congrats on a discriminating eye!

clueless1

Rough_Rock
thanks for the input. I should receive it tomorrow and will get it appraised next week. Thanks guys.
rodent.gif

Guido

Rough_Rock
Congrats! I just made my purchase last night after weeks of searching. I ended up with a:
F
SI2
good cut
When comparing it to stones 2-3X the price I still liked this one better. The only visible inclusion will end up under a claw and it appears whiter than a Belgium graded E color stone of the same size. It caught my eye right away when I saw it and I automatically assumed it would be over my budget, but I ended up getting it for $3300CAD in a 14KT setting. A little over budget, but she's worth it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results