shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally! Pics, wedding set & SP sapphire band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alyson423

Rough_Rock
Hi! I have to "work" today, which translates into I have to "scan my rings and finally post to PS" today!
26.gif
I have been married since 9/05, and since I was engaged I've been drooling over everybody's rings here. I thought I'd finally share mine.

My wedding set consists of a plain 2 mm plat pipe cut band, and a 2 mm RB and tapered baguette e-ring. The ering is 1.7 ctw: the RB is 1.5 cts, H/SI1, with a four-prong basket. The tapered baguettes are .2 ctw, H/VS-2. Hopefully I've attached a picture! My ring size is 5.

ARJ6.JPG

alyson423

Rough_Rock
OK-- that seemed to work. Next is a sapphire eternity band that I got from Signed Pieces just before my Sept. wedding. It''s platinum, 1.02 ctw of blue sapphires. I''m afraid the scan isn''t very good, but this photo thing is harder than I thought...

ARJ5.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Very classic. I love the e-ring and want to see more pics :)

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely classic wedding set- just the perfect size! Are you wearing all three at the same time? I''ll bet they look fabulous together.

alyson423

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the compliments! I will try to get more pictures posted soon.

Lisa, I actually wear the sapphire band as a RHR. It stacks well with my wedding band alone, but I feel the shallower depth makes it not match as well with the e-ring. I am toying with the idea of getting either another sapphire band in a different design, or a diamond band to stack with it, though. We''ll see what the SP Xmas sales have to offer this year.
31.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Gorgeous set...love the sapphire band!!!
30.gif

alyson423

Rough_Rock
A couple more shots: 1st, my w-band w/ the sapphire band:

ARJ.jpg

alyson423

Rough_Rock
another: all 3 rings together. I don''t typically wear them this way, as I tend to think the shallower depth of the sapphire band doesn''t work as well with the set. Honest opinions: what do you think?

ARJall2.JPG

ellybelly

Rough_Rock
I think you are right about the sapphire band not looking right because of the depth. I love your wedding set together by themselves

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous set!! How did I miss it!!! And WELCOME!

I think the sapphire band would look cool as a "spacer" between your w-band & your e-ring. Any chance for a pix that way?? Have you tried it??

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/25/2006 2:58:02 PM
Author: decodelighted
Gorgeous set!! How did I miss it!!! And WELCOME!

I think the sapphire band would look cool as a ''spacer'' between your w-band & your e-ring. Any chance for a pix that way?? Have you tried it??

I agree, I''d like to see it that way. I am not really a matchy-matchy person, and i don''t mind a stack of different types of rings, but I think the symmetry of having that sapphire band in the middle of the other two would be very appealing...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your rings are lovely - thanks for taking time from work to share with us. There is just nothing like a classic solitaire with baguettes and that sapphire band is so pretty!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I like the three of them all together too!!! Great combination!!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I personally like all three of them together....very vintage and blingy!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 4:37:47 PM
Author: UCLABelle
I personally like all three of them together....very vintage and blingy!

I agree! I like them stacked. That sapphire band is SO cool! I love how thin it is.

alyson423

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Thanks so much for your welcoming encouragement and compliments. Just wanted to let you know that I will be sure to post another scan of the sapphire band in between my e-ring and band tomorrow, for those who thought that might be one way to go.

Thanks again!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/28/2006 5:08:22 PM
Author: alyson423
Hi all! Thanks so much for your welcoming encouragement and compliments. Just wanted to let you know that I will be sure to post another scan of the sapphire band in between my e-ring and band tomorrow, for those who thought that might be one way to go.

Goody! Can''t wait. I love your ring and I want one just like it to put between my own rings. Dying for a sapphire band, here.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I love the stacked look! Beautiful!

alyson423

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

So I''ve attached (hopefully?) a new scan of the sapphire band sandwiched in between my e-ring and band. Sorry, it''s not the greatest picture, but it will have to do for now.

The biggest reason I don''t usually wear my set like this is that I feel the gap between the e-ring and the sapphire band makes the overall look a little off. Then also, the proportion of the sapphire baguettes is considerably smaller than the proportion of the tapered baguettes of my e-ring, so I don''t know that they go together so well.

Having said that, I do love the look of other stacks people post with rings that don''t exactly match in terms of depth, proportion, etc. Have you seen the diamond and sapphire Fay Cullen ring posted by Giada recently? LOVE it! I''m thinking maybe something like that would stack really well with the sapphire band on my right hand...
27.gif

Thanks again for all the great input and encouragement. It''s nice to be able to share the ring obsession!

ARJ9.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I saw Giada''s new ring I thought of yours! I think it would be great stacking with something like that.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set!

The sapphire band is very Audrey Hepburn to me. One of her rings was a diamond baguette eternity band that your sapphire band reminds me of! Lovely!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ering and wedding band on it''s own. It''s is so elegant!!! I would definately stack the sapphire with another band for a RHR. Maybe a small diamond eternity band, or another color sapphire like pink or yellow eternity band would be good, or you could try two 2mm plain bands to sandwich the sapphire in the middle. I think I like the idea of two narrow plain bands best, as it would accent your wedding set !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results