shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally Ordered

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its going to be beautiful. I hope you will come back and show us the finished ring
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That will make a lovely combo, congrats!!

cwcain

Rough_Rock
Any reason to worry about the diamond? Although that one spot shows on the hearts and arrows scope, they told me the diamond is indeed eye clean. I have a hard time even seeing the red "feather and cloud" on the AGS report. They must be small!

Anyway, keep the comments coming so my ego grows and I feel a little better about spending 5 grand
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 7:59:57 AM
Author: cwcain
Any reason to worry about the diamond? Although that one spot shows on the hearts and arrows scope, they told me the diamond is indeed eye clean. I have a hard time even seeing the red 'feather and cloud' on the AGS report. They must be small!

Anyway, keep the comments coming so my ego grows and I feel a little better about spending 5 grand
9.gif

No, you have picked the best of the best. And at VS2, any inclusions should not be a problem, that is pretty tiny. You have done well!

2.gif

May I ask why you're having it set locally, instead of at WF? Will the jeweler setting it take responsibility for the stone in the unlikely event something happens to the diamond?

cwcain

Rough_Rock
I purchased the setting from JA and the diamond from Whiteflash. I just decided to do it locally, because of sending the setting to meet the stone there and having it shipped to me after that. I figured it would be better in the long run to have them both sent to me. Any reason why I should consider otherwise? They havent shipped anything yet.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I predict it will be stunning! Cant wait to see pics!!!

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Looks like it will be a STUNNER! Nice work! Congrats! Post photos when it''s finished!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 3:10:04 PM
I purchased the setting from JA and the diamond from Whiteflash. I just decided to do it locally, because of sending the setting to meet the stone there and having it shipped to me after that. I figured it would be better in the long run to have them both sent to me. Any reason why I should consider otherwise? They havent shipped anything yet.
Yes. Most jewelers will not cover a diamond they did not sell you, in the event they chip it while setting. WF will cover it, because they sold you the diamond.

I would highly recommend asking your local jeweler if they will cover the replacement of your diamond should something happen while being set.

cwcain

Rough_Rock
Well due to some things, I am going to have it set here locally after all.

I received the diamond today!!!! WOW is all I can say. And that White flash puts about 6 different layers between you and the diamond further preventing you from getting to it after looking for the fedex for 1 hour, and waiting in line for about 20 minutes. It was hilarious. I can''t wait to tell the future Fi the whole story.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you are happy with it!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Excellent choices!! What a killer diamond!

Why set it locally though? I personally would have JA send the setting to WF and have WF set the diamond. In case something happens to the stone, you want WF to take responsibility for it. This is rare though.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yah!
36.gif
Cant wait to see it all put together...pics when you get them (its payment for getting advice
on PS
3.gif
)

cwcain

Rough_Rock
JA wasnt up for doing that. I would have had to get it shipped here and then ship it back to WF. Then if something wasn''t exactly how I wanted it, I would have to send it back to WF again. Now I can just walk in to the local store (reputable) and show them how I''d like it set and watch them do it.

I''m in love with this thing. My roommate who always bragged on his Fi''s Jared ring, saw mine and went "WOW That''s awesome."

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
That''s a gorgeous diamond! I can''t wait to see the finished product - I hope it''s done soon so you can come back and post pics!

cwcain

Rough_Rock
Here are a few. And a WF commercial

6fire.jpg

cwcain

Rough_Rock
asdf

7fire.jpg

cwcain

Rough_Rock
yup

aqwsd.jpg

cwcain

Rough_Rock
you know who you are

hklove.jpg

cwcain

Rough_Rock
hearts

8hearts.jpg

cwcain

Rough_Rock
yea

3bling.jpg

cwcain

Rough_Rock
love it

4yea.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wowee! What a 'fire' ball! Gorgeous stone, congrats!

ETA Great photos too.

cwcain

Rough_Rock
I should receive the setting Friday. I''ll try and have it mounted then or Monday, and I''ll get final pictures then. Hopefully, I''ll learn how to use a camera by then.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 4:07:06 PM
JA wasnt up for doing that. I would have had to get it shipped here and then ship it back to WF. Then if something wasn''t exactly how I wanted it, I would have to send it back to WF again. Now I can just walk in to the local store (reputable) and show them how I''d like it set and watch them do it.

I''m in love with this thing. My roommate who always bragged on his Fi''s Jared ring, saw mine and went ''WOW That''s awesome.''
Did they happen to say why? I''d like to know simply because I''ve never heard something like this from them before, and if they aren''t willing to do it, I want to know when helping others out in the future.

Good luck on your setting, and the diamond looks great! You took some really nice pics.
28.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! you got some great fire shots! More pics when its set please!

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/4/2009 11:41:40 AM
Author: Ellen
Did they happen to say why? I'd like to know simply because I've never heard something like this from them before, and if they aren't willing to do it, I want to know when helping others out in the future.

Ellen,

Great question. We continue to offer most of our ring designs without the purchase of a center diamond, but we're limiting shipping to the purchaser - not a third party. We take a great deal of pride in the quality of our products and packaging materials and we want to make sure that an item is presented to the customer exactly as we designed. We had a bad experience recently with a drop ship to a jeweler (not associated with this thread), so we implemented a new policy to avoid those situations in the future. If customers would like to send us their diamond for setting we still offer that service as well.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 12:00:11 PM
Author: James Allen Schultz

Date: 3/4/2009 11:41:40 AM
Author: Ellen

Did they happen to say why? I''d like to know simply because I''ve never heard something like this from them before, and if they aren''t willing to do it, I want to know when helping others out in the future.

Ellen,

Great question. We continue to offer most of our ring designs without the purchase of a center diamond, but we''re limiting shipping to the purchaser - not a third party. We take a great deal of pride in the quality of our products and packaging materials and we want to make sure that an item is presented to the customer exactly as we designed. We had a bad experience recently with a drop ship to a jeweler (not associated with this thread), so we implemented a new policy to avoid those situations in the future. If customers would like to send us their diamond for setting we still offer that service as well.
Thank you for explaining Jim. However, it raised one more question! Would you cover the stone while setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results