shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY! Or, at long last, Circe''s custom pear pendant ....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Honestly, I don''t know how you all do it. When I got engaged, I had Big Plans for a custom engagement ring, but as it happened, I wound up getting my diamond, my setting, and my diamond set all on the same day. Which is a really good thing, given how antsy I''ve been over my wonderful random pendant ....

Back before Thanksgiving, I was shopping for a pear for a pendant when my husband quadrupled the gift budget (gods bless holiday bonuses). So I bought my pear the Friday after Thanksgiving, and I dropped it off with my beloved genius jeweler, the guy who made our wedding bands ....

... and I waited. And I waited. And I made appointments to see the precious, and I waited, and waited, and waited ....

And, dude. It was all totally worth it.

Stats:

1.30 E, SI1, 9.13x5.94x3.83, strong blue fluorescence. Impetus for hunting down this particular pear came from my desire to have a nice blue-white, as they used to call them. So, without further ado, onto the photo shoot ....
3.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I had the little sucker set into a platinum bezel with a crescent bale, engraved on its periphery with stars to match my wedding band.

New Years & V-Day 2010 040.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Profile shot!

New Years & V-Day 2010 039.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Have I mentioned that I have a thing for peacocks?

New Years & V-Day 2010 059.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
''Cause I do.

New Years & V-Day 2010 054.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As you can probably tell by the dress I wore on Valentine''s Day ....

New Years & V-Day 2010 046.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A little further back for proportions sake ....

New Years & V-Day 2010 049.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
From a greater distance ....

New Years & V-Day 2010 044.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And, finally, against the title of a somewhat apropos book that I happened to be reading:

New Years & V-Day 2010 035.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A few random notes:

1) I LOVE THIS THING. It may have taken me two months and change to get it into my hot little hands, but it''s everything I hoped it would be: like my e-ring, this is a lifetime piece. I can''t ever picture changing or replacing it (though, my jeweler did say how easy it would be to set little diamonds into the stars on the side, like on my wedding band ....
11.gif
) Sometimes, it can totally be worth the gnashing of the teeth and the clenching of the fists to get exactly what you have in mind: nothing I''ve ever seen in a shop, or even on the internet, comes close.

2) I am really, really happy that I succumbed to my craving for a completely colorless stone ... but I''m also really glad I have my J for my e-ring. The pendant is a wonderful second, but even with it for contrast? I still like WARMTH. Next sunny day we have, I''ll take pictures to demonstrate the contrast.

3) Next sunny day we have, how much am I hoping to see fluorescence? Those of you who have fluorescent stones, please, post pics or links! In turn, I''m planning a UV photo-shoot when I have some time on my hands ....

4) Last of all, how much do I love my husband? Happy V-Day, y''all!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pendant!!! Looks great on you!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, it''s beautiful!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love love love love it! The bail looks expecially good. And it looks HUGE! I totally gasped when I say the mid distance shot that showed the perpective. TRULY a liketime piece. no doubt at all.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing pendant! I love the side detail
36.gif

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2010 1:32:39 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
I love love love love it! The bail looks expecially good. And it looks HUGE! I totally gasped when I say the mid distance shot that showed the perpective. TRULY a liketime piece. no doubt at all.
Ditto ditto ditto!!! Circe, it''s so BEAUTIFUL
18.gif
Well worth the wait (in retrospect)
3.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh that looks fantastic on
10.gif
9.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Circe, it was SO worth the wait! What a beautiful, amazing thing. Looks fantastic on you and I love the setting .

Enjoy!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!! I love the engraved stars!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful!!!
30.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great design. I like the stars on the side.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, it came out just beautiful! and I''m so happy you''re thrilled with it after waiting for so long. I does look very substantial on your neck from a distance and I like that! I''d put some little melee in those engraved stars down the road, but not after you''ve been wearing and enjoying it for a good long time. Congrats! Your baby came home!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing! I love pear shapes.

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Really has a presence when you wear it!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning!!!!!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning! I love the little stars on the sides, it''s like a little surprise!

JeraVae

Shiny_Rock
Very lovely! I adore pear pendants.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very elegant!

cheers--Sharon

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Circe, I am glad you finally got it.
It looks great on you. I love the setting design. It flows very well, both length and height with the attachment links and bail. It makes your pear pendant look very big. Based on the dimensions you provided (very similar to mine), I can picture the size of the pear in real life. The pendant looks much, much bigger in its setting. Great job!

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that looks beautiful. You''''re a lucky lady
28.gif

I''m really looking forward to seeing shots of it in the sunlight. I''ve my eyes on a G stone with SB fluor. I''ve never seen a stone with SB in person.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results