shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally, my sugarloaves rings are here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian, Yes, I got them from Eric in Sep. last year. I read about your tsav oval, you must be over the moon with it!

MC, thanks!

vespergirl. thank you!

princessplease, thank you for looking!

Gailey, yes, please do send your pieces over, but you are not in a hurry to get them are you?
31.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 10:11:59 PM
Author: Chrono
Thanks for the gallery shot as it''ll give me some ideas for my future sugarloaf.
Chrono, is there something your want to tell us? Out with it!!
31.gif

Or am I reading too much into it? Anyway, I love to enable you!
9.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 10:13:31 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 1/18/2010 5:18:39 PM
Author: megeve
and another!
Your shots are making me hungry!! I want to lick my computer screen!! LOL!

I swear, we have some of the best photographers on PS (that doesn''t include me of course.
emembarrassed.gif
)
Hehe, TL, you crack me up!

I wouldn''t win any prizes for my photography but thanks for the kind words!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 11:15:29 PM
Author: movie zombie
further reinforcing my opinion that diamonds [or halos] just aren''t necessary!

thank you for the hand shot. i really love them together as stackers.

congratulations on a job very well done!

mz
mz, ITA with you! Sometimes simplicity looks best, just let the colors do its work! Thank you!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Katebar, icekid, crasru, StonieGrl, canuk-gal, Pandora II & IndyLady

Thank you so much for your lovely comments!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 3:29:57 PM
Author: vc10um
megeve, I don''t know if I missed it, but where did you get these lovely sugarloaves??? I tried a ring on at the DC area GTG that was an amethyst sugarloaf in rose gold that I was just drooling over, but I wasn''t sure where I could source one of those lovely stones!
Is that the same GTG you and cellentani attended? She mentioned in the first page about seeing an amethyst sugarloaf, wow I wish I could have seen it. I am searching for a third color combo and that amethyst would have fit right in!
3.gif

I got my stones from Eric of Swalagems. vc, happy hunting!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 6:32:44 PM
Author: gemgirl

Date: 1/17/2010 1:31:23 PM

Date: 1/17/2010 12:58:02 PM
Author: gemgirl
And I was just going to say they came out gorgeous, like yummy gumdrops like packrat said, and then you posted that last picture.......... Do you have a SMTR thread for that paved rolling ring? OMG!
You are so sweet, thanks!

No, I don''t have a SMTR thread for the trinity, should I?
2.gif
Absotively posilutely! <<<Clunk, clunk, clunk>>>.......... that''s me clunking you in the head. Honey that baby''s a stunner! and I love your new sugarloaves too. They look edible!
Hi gemgirl, I don''t have much time now (moving end of the month) to take more shots of it. I have posted some shots in the gold thread of AGBF. Probably, will do it sometime in Feb. Thanks for asking!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 3:11:11 PM
Author: Gailey
Megeve, they turned out beautifully, those claws are so elegant and such a match for your long elegant fingers. Did you decide on a third colour for the ensemble?
Gailey, I am still in the process, vendor hasn''t got back to me yet!

I have cut out a piece of blue (as close to the sapp color as possible) paper and paste it with the other rings. (You can see how sick one can be when they are long enough in PS!!
31.gif
) and have made a collage out of the pics. What do you think now? (thought I put all comments in this thread instead of separating them)

sapp-cab003.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I am loving your sugarloaves!!
30.gif
I personally like the color combo with the blue.
3.gif
YUM!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! Those turned out beautifully -- they look luscious
18.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like the color combo of the three since all seem to be around the same tonality and saturation, albeit different colors.
1.gif
9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 4:26:42 PM

Date: 1/18/2010 3:11:11 PM
Megeve, they turned out beautifully, those claws are so elegant and such a match for your long elegant fingers. Did you decide on a third colour for the ensemble?
Gailey, I am still in the process, vendor hasn''t got back to me yet!

I have cut out a piece of blue (as close to the sapp color as possible) paper and paste it with the other rings. (You can see how sick one can be when they are long enough in PS!!
31.gif
) and have made a collage out of the pics. What do you think now? (thought I put all comments in this thread instead of separating them)
Yes I know what you mean! You are getting quite good with your photos and the software etc.

Yes, I do like the blue. Is it that combo that is often referred to as tutti-frutti? I can see purple looking good too. I''d still like to see a little black opal in there as well. I wonder if someone could photoshop one in there.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love that blue individually and as a combo with the other two.

I cannot wait to them all together! Delish, drool worthy, all the good food descriptions apply.

And have I said how much I LOVE the setting? Top shelf all the way.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Megeve

I did a bit of crude power point work to show you what I mean about the opal:

Megeve stackers with opal.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
And I think you need this to go with your stackers

cuff for Megeve.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
How did I miss this thread? Your rings are so cool and beautiful! I can''t remember seeing a sugarloaf ring before. I agree with everyone who says they look like candy. Yum!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 4:08:53 PM

megeve, I don''t know if I missed it, but where did you get these lovely sugarloaves??? I tried a ring on at the DC area GTG that was an amethyst sugarloaf in rose gold that I was just drooling over, but I wasn''t sure where I could source one of those lovely stones!
Is that the same GTG you and cellentani attended? She mentioned in the first page about seeing an amethyst sugarloaf, wow I wish I could have seen it. I am searching for a third color combo and that amethyst would have fit right in!
3.gif

Yes''m. The very same one. Now I''m trying to reproduce it...probably without the diamonds in the band because I think I prefer the look of your rings!
9.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Mmm mmm, those are some yummy looking rings.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love and adore them! Sugarloaves indeed... more like gummi loaves! They loove *just* like candies. The settings turned out wonderfully too.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are soo pretty! very delicate and yummy.
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what lovely eyecandy! The blue stone will look gorgeous next to the other rings. Since you did one in Rose gold and one in YG, will the blue be in WG???

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color combo! They're gorgeous together!!
30.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
stunning!this is one of my favorite cuts for colored stones.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
These are some of the best pieces I have seen on this forum- GREAT TASTE!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks brandy, tsavvy, TL, StonieGrl, pierreone, Kismet, dreamer, Deia, Burberrygirl, jewelerman, Sphenequeen for your wonderful words!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 10:32:16 AM

Date: 1/20/2010 4:08:53 PM

megeve, I don't know if I missed it, but where did you get these lovely sugarloaves??? I tried a ring on at the DC area GTG that was an amethyst sugarloaf in rose gold that I was just drooling over, but I wasn't sure where I could source one of those lovely stones!
3.gif

Yes'm. The very same one. Now I'm trying to reproduce it...probably without the diamonds in the band because I think I prefer the look of your rings!
9.gif
Glad to enable you!
9.gif
Though the diamonds in the band is not to be sneeze at! Pomellato has the same stacker ring with pave shank and it looks beautiful!
18.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 10:21:06 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
what lovely eyecandy! The blue stone will look gorgeous next to the other rings. Since you did one in Rose gold and one in YG, will the blue be in WG???
Yes, you guessed it right!
9.gif
The third ring will definitely be in WG.
3.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 10:20:18 PM
And I think you need this to go with your stackers
Gailey, this is the color combo I am aiming for.

My thoughts: 3 colors but at the same time subdue. The look should be serious and not too playful, YKWIM. And I want the 3rd stone to be set in WG, so I think blue should fit well. The sapphire blue subdue the colors of the tsav and spinel as these 2 are very bright and neon-like glow colors.

I have bad news.
23.gif
The vendor who was in Sri Lanka sourcing this stone for me, after receiving my confirmation that I want to buy it, went back to the gem market but couldn''t find the gem seller anymore. Most probably this gem seller didn''t appear in this market that very morning. The vendor couldn''t go back the next day as he was flying off that day too. So now I back to the drawing board!!
15.gif
One consolation, vendor is going back later this year and will look again and I hope this time with luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results