shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY, my ring has been reset, AGAIN, and I can now wear it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I received my ring back late Friday, took a couple pics, nothing great, however, I wanted to say, that it has finally been reset properly, with a standard 4 prong head. I miss my double "Leon-like" claws, however, my husband prefers this one he says! It seems rather simple, maybe even a tad boring, but I plan on finding a great diamond band to go with it, hoping MY set will look a little different than everyone else I know! Here''s a pic for those of you who have been following the saga. I don''t know why the diamond looks yellowish in most of the pics I took (direct sunlight coming from a window). It''s an "H" color diamond, that normally looks very white to me! Do diamonds show more color (yellow) in direct sunlight as opposed to indoor lighting? I think I might end up resetting it into a halo setting I seen in an ad for Jack Kelege, very soon !!

My 4th reset.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love it! Now wear that puppy with pride.

Its really pretty and I do love the setting. A diamond band willl look stunning with it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great! A reliably graded H colour will look white to most eyes, diamonds do pick up colour from their surroundings, so it may be this you are noticing with the sunlight in the pics - nothing to worry about. Also direct sunlight is often found to be not the most flattering light to diamonds.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks gals...it''s starting to grow on me. I just wanted something a bit different, which is why I loved the split prongs. But I guess that is a distant memory now, and this is the ring I have, and will wear. It''s great to finally have something on my finger, since it''s been two long months! Now..the search for a great band, to compliment the simple solitaire!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Here is a profile shot, I was worried it would stand too high, but it isn''t that bad afterall. I can see the culet and there is space around the diamond and prongs for easy cleaning!

DSC01494 (2).JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Looks great--I love solitaires....oh and the color setting of individual monitors can influence the way the stones look when viewed onscreen.....

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, glad you are loving it; very pretty!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''m so glad you''re happy with it. *whew*

And I can''t wait to see what band you put with it, should make a beautiful set beau!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Im happy to hear that you can finally wear your stone! Congrats!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You finally got to wear it Beau, that''s great! I have a very similar solitaire. I agree, a bit boring to me too. I''ll try get pics by the end of the week. Can''t wait to see what you choose for a wedding ring. I''m just doing something temporary too--I''m doing a reset next year. Good luck!
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Congrats!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
YAY!! I''m so glad you finally have it back and can wear it!!! I love that it''s set high.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAAAYYYYY!!!! FINALLY!! i''m so happy for you, it looks great, ENJOY!!!!
36.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
It looks lovely and classic! Can we see a handshot please?
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful! I can envision that setting with slim diamond eternity rings on top and bottom, yummy!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! Very simple and elegant, I love it!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank goodness you can finally wear your beautiful diamond. More pics needed
2.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thaks risingsun...I will take pics (hand pics) tomorrow, time permitting!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Here is a hand pic, crummy though! How does everyone take such great pics of their rings? Hmmm

final reset.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
One more hand shot

Here it is!.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the handshots. Your wedding set looks lovely
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
beau, beautiful and blingy!!
36.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Beau! That''s definitely not boring either.
30.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies...I do like it alot, it''s just not what I envisioned as my dream ring, when hubby told me I could get an upgrade! I wanted an "attention grabbing" piece, something different than what the majority of women around here have (mind you none of them have anything over a carat!). Women look at my ring (friends included) and say "nice" or "pretty", even "cute ring..is that a full carat?"..UH...almost 2 FULL CARATS, I reply!! Maybe a bit of jealousy when they say things like that, not sure...I just wanted to have a ring that would have others saying "WOW..fabulous ring" or "that''s so unique"...but maybe once I get a killer diamond band, and people say "is that a full carat"..I can say "that''s almost 3 carats on my hand..thank you very much!" LOL

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 9:56:07 AM
Author: beau13
Thanks ladies...I do like it alot, it''s just not what I envisioned as my dream ring, when hubby told me I could get an upgrade! I wanted an ''attention grabbing'' piece, something different than what the majority of women around here have (mind you none of them have anything over a carat!). Women look at my ring (friends included) and say ''nice'' or ''pretty'', even ''cute ring..is that a full carat?''..UH...almost 2 FULL CARATS, I reply!! Maybe a bit of jealousy when they say things like that, not sure...I just wanted to have a ring that would have others saying ''WOW..fabulous ring'' or ''that''s so unique''...but maybe once I get a killer diamond band, and people say ''is that a full carat''..I can say ''that''s almost 3 carats on my hand..thank you very much!'' LOL
Aw, you''re not the first one here to lament over this type of situation. Some people just don''t get it (size), and the ones that do, do.
2.gif

Just wear your rings and enjoy them, they really are pretty!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Also found this one, for a bit cheaper..not I am not sure which one I like better...Ack...I need advice please!

rc408.jpg

Alleyoop

Rough_Rock
Both are great, but I like the first one a little better. Different than you see every day. Make sure you post a pic when you get it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring
30.gif
both band are pretty, but I personally like the 1st one better
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results