shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally my New E-Ring Setting has arrived!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
First of all, I need to thank Pebbles, Demezla, and Kaleigh for all their support and help
36.gif
. Without them, I would still be here pulling my hair out
3.gif

Okay, so about a month and a half ago, I finally could not stand to look at some of the "problems" with my e-ring setting. I spoke with my jeweler, who in the end agreed to find a new setting for me and to reset my diamond in it. So, my search for a new setting started. At first I just wanted another channel setting, but I decided that I was probably better off not going down that road again. Finally last weekend I decided on a simple platinum setting with tapered bullets. I just picked up the ring today, and all I can say is that I am very happy! The workmanship is much better than my old setting
30.gif

So the new setting is platinum with two .25ct F color tapered bullets (.50 tcw) and a four prong basket head. The head is much higher than my old setting, which at first bothered me, but I quickly realized that my diamond looks much bigger this way
3.gif
. Can''t argue with that!
31.gif

Oh, and the stone is still the F SI1 1.30ct.
1.gif

Okay, so I''m going to attach some pics that I managed to take today. I really can''t seem to get any good hand shots right now, but I have several decent close-ups of the ring.
10.gif

P.S. Any ideas for a wedding band??? hehe

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Okay, first here is my old setting

PICT0001a.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
And my new setting
30.gif

New Ring PICT0399a.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Another

New Ring PICT0398a.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Side view

New Ring PICT0400a.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Another (hehe
31.gif
)

New Ring PICT0403a.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
The other side view

New Ring PICT0405a.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, OMG it is just amazing. What a gorgeous ring Rascal. I am soooo happy for you. It''s just stunning. So glad everything worked out!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
And a pretty bad hand shot

New Ring PICT0390a.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT
30.gif
30.gif
It turned out beautifully. It''s a classic, just gorgeous.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your new setting looks amazing! I love the bullet side stones--so clean & simple & elegant. And your stone looks HUGE in this setting! Great choice!
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2005 4:27:43 PM
Author: kaleigh
OMG, OMG it is just amazing. What a gorgeous ring Rascal. I am soooo happy for you. It''s just stunning. So glad everything worked out!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks Lisa, it means so much to me that you approve!!
9.gif
And like I said earlier, I really could not have gotten the courage to tell my jeweler my feelings without your help and your support. And for that I am forever grateful.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!!! That is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Any profile shots?????
2.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MrsSalvo and Brightspot!

I decided that I wanted something classy yet a bit different, so instead of tapered baguettes, I decided on the tapered bullets. I am SOOO glad I did.
30.gif
Hopefully this setting will be trouble free
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow!
30.gif
your ring looks soooo good! much better! well done.
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2005 4:35:55 PM
Author: ecf8503
Wow!!!!! That is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Any profile shots?????
2.gif
Thanks ecf!

Do I have profile shots?! LOL Like I said, the head is much higher than my other setting, but it is definitely manageable! Here''s one.

New Ring PICT0396a.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Belle!!

Here's another profile shot on my hand, please excuse the wierd positions of my fingers LOL

ETA: And excuse how the right side stone looks in this pic, it is just the way the light was hitting it.

New Ring PICT0395a.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, the new setting looks terrific!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Rascal its gorgeous! And so very unique! Congrats!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2005 4:45:48 PM
Author: ame
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DITTO!
Wow rascal your new setting is just fantastic!!!!!!!! It is soo amazing!
30.gif
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ame, elepri, PunchNPie, and Matatora!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I am so glad everyone likes it! This is just making my day
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the top down picture! You don''t see these type of sidestone every day and they work so well with the round - just great.

Now... the side... wow! That is high... and there was no need to have it so high. I suspect that the setting was simply recycled - it should have held a much smaller stone and the easiest way to cut corners and adapt it to hold the 1.3 cts was to pace it high above the constraining space of the setting. ''Bet there would have been some other way.

If you like it though, that is alright, I guess. I would be afraid that the high setting would cause the stone to eventually knock into things and snag stuff. If this is not the case - why not, after all.

Btw. that diamond would look good tight with a string!
9.gif
hard to imagine what setting would be weird enough to distract from that. Your is surely not going nearly that far.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Rascal!!! What a stunning, modern yet traditional, elegant feat! Look at the fire and life in those stones!!! Keep that rascal away from Rascal! I like it high...the center stone is large and in charge...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Valeria for comments. It definitely isn''t a "recycled" setting because it was ordered from the manufacturer at my request (and the setting is made for a 1.25ct stone). However I agree it is high, but so far it hasn''t proven to be a problem at all.

Thanks MMM!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It''s gorgeous! The new setting really shows off the diamond, but at the same time gives that extra bling
10.gif

I really love the new setting
30.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so pretty! I just love how you managed to capture the sparkles shooting from it. Beautiful ring!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
oh man, I love your new ring. So beautiful. The side profile is so cool with all the diamonds sitting up high like that. Congrats!!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there! Duh -- I just sent you a PM asking if you had gotten the ring and then I check this forum and see that you did!

It turned out gorgeous! I wasn''t sure how the tappered bullets would look (have never seen them in person myself) but I think it was a fabulous choice! I liked your other setting, but this one is just so classic! I''m so glad everything worked out for you in the end! I wouldn''t worry about the height. I have had one really low set ring, and one high set, and I much prefer the higher one. Shows off the diamond more.
2.gif

As far as a wedding band, maybe one with tappered bullets on the ends with baguettes in the middle? Or a thin eternity band? Or a thin 2mm plain band to let that baby be the center of attention? Or all the above?
31.gif
As a gal that has 4 different wedding bands, I like to have choices.
11.gif

Congrats again!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
pebbles you have 4 wedding bands?? I need to see these!!! Rascal I think a thin band with baguettes would be very pretty with your ring.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results