shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally! My GOG cushion reset

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It's like an updated classic!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for your kind replies!! :appl: :wavey: Im sorry I havent had time to answer everyone individually, but I really appreciate all of your comments!

motownmama: Thanks!! I will not be wearing this ring with another ring. That is also the reason why I chose 2,5 mm for the band because I wanted it to feel "right" wearing it alone. Or, well, not the only reason, I mean, I love wider bands. Both my weddig band and engagement band are 3 mm each... But wearing another band next to it would be a bit too much on my short fingers...

azstonie: Thank you!! Oh yes, I finally did realise that cushion cuts do have their own special needs when it comes to settings! I think this is especially true with cushions like mine that are perfectly square. The prongs disappear when seen from a normal viewing distance, and I would really describe them as like needles although I wouldnt dare to compare them to something made by LM! The pictures obviously show them a lot bigger than IRL, especially compared to picturs of bigger stones with split claws settings.

kathley: thank you! and yes, the ring is in fact super comfortable to wear. It is rounded on the inside of the band as well and the edges of the prongs are as you can see really soft, impossible to scratch myself or someone else. 8)

msop04: :appl: :wavey:

sassy_pants: Thank you so much! Red gold is a type of yellow gold standard in Sweden. We dont have yellow gold at all. It is kind of like rose gold but not as rosy. Makes sense, right?! :lol: It is a more warm/red color than rose gold. It contains more copper and less silver than yellow gold, I think. Dont know why the standars are different in different countries like that, but it sure makes things difficult when ordering jewelry online. Yellow gold is far more yellow and strangely makes my hands look green! :confused:

Thank you all again for your lovely comments!! :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI aca :wavey:

Have the photos been deleted from this thread? Could you possibly post a few more pls? I'm considering a stone in this size and would love to see how it works on your finger.

Thanks!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop said:
HI aca :wavey:

Have the photos been deleted from this thread? Could you possibly post a few more pls? I'm considering a stone in this size and would love to see how it works on your finger.

Thanks!

Hi mrs-blop!
Oh it was all my fault, I happened to delete them (and every other picture I ever posted on ps) and regretted it the moment I had done it. Felt too silly to repost them again, hoping noone would notice... :saint: :oops: But now that you ask I will gladly do it! :appl:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really love this remake of my ring. It has a liquid gold look to it while still not being too chunky. If I had it made again I would perhaps (not sure though) have chosen a 2 mm band instead if 2.5 mm, but other than that Im really happy. I especially love the side view.

Not how I wear it, but for fun

20160806_233617.jpg

20160706_094526.jpg

20160706_094429.jpg

20160807_194754.jpg

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some more to show the setting more

20160807_195021.jpg

20160807_195000.jpg

20160807_194918.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful on you! Can you tell me what size your finger is? Do you happen to know the measurements of your stone?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adore this set!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1470592676|4063338 said:
Absolutely beautiful on you! Can you tell me what size your finger is? Do you happen to know the measurements of your stone?

Thank you! :wavey:
My finger/ring size is 5.5 and the stone is ca 5.9 mm. Square, 1:1. Happy to answer any question!

Eta one more pic showing the kozibe. Lovely "very large" culet on this stone, so much fun to look at.

20160807_214654.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I really like the width. It works very well with your hands at this width.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just gorgeous, aca! Thank you so much for posting your photos again!

I LOVE your asscher band!! Can I ask who set it for you? Could you post some profile shots of it also? And your cushion is, of course, just delicious. :)

What a beautiful set! And thanks for sharing your rings' stats. :wavey:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom said:
No I really like the width. It works very well with your hands at this width.

Thank you! :appl: :wavey:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop|1470615289|4063408 said:
This is just gorgeous, aca! Thank you so much for posting your photos again!

I LOVE your asscher band!! Can I ask who set it for you? Could you post some profile shots of it also? And your cushion is, of course, just delicious. :)

What a beautiful set! And thanks for sharing your rings' stats. :wavey:

Thank you mrs-blop! You helped me so much in making my final decisions, really grateful for that! :wavey:

The asscher band was made by a local jeweler using a, to me, unknown bench. I had it made long before joining ps and had no idea what I had gotten myself into having it custom made with only a couple of pictures from the internet as inspiration for the jeweler. I think I was very lucky that time because I really love the asscher band. This was the first time this jeweler worked with asschers (!!) and he told me later that the bench had had a very hard time making it in this design. Luckily we had already agreed on a set price, but I assume it took longer to make than they had anticipated.

The band is made to emphasize the clipped corners and shape of the asschers by using shared triangular prongs. It is very low set at 1.9 mm hight and the asschers are almost as wide as the band itself, 3 mm. The prongs are completely smooth and flat, pretty mych as high as the crowns of the asschers or just slightly higher as if the stones were cut out from a regular plain band...

20150727_203314-2.jpg

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And here is that other pic I posted in another thread showing how I actually wear the rings and a little bit better perspective of how they look on the hands. Maybe not the most traditional way of wearing a solitaire, as a rhr, but it works for me. :)

Eta here you can also see that the asscher band is a whopping two sizes bigger than the gold band. The rings have the exact same height/width and were made in the same size. Pregnancy made my fingers (and waist) thinner (?!) but Im not sure how long that effect lasts and so have only had the plain band sized.

20160807_0.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aca -

That asscher band is just a dream band for me. Its profile is perfection, to my eye. I LOVE that you had your wedding band and anniversary ring made to match in size and width and depth etc. It really bugs me when I see rings paired together which have wildly different outer circumferences - and I freely admit I'm OCD in that way! I think it makes the smaller ring look like it's being swallowed by the larger ring - and the larger ring is almost always the wedding or eternity diamond band - which makes the diamond in the e-ring look smaller, and on and on and on. I don't mind rings of different *widths* together; it's the outer circumference thing that drives me out of my mind! Anyway, for me, your rings add to the balance of the universe! :bigsmile:

I love the detail that's gone into that band - and it's so clear in the profile and in how the prongs have been made. Just a beautiful, beautiful set. :appl:

:wavey:

ETA Your solitaire, of course, is equally splendiferous!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop|1470680557|4063584 said:
aca -

That asscher band is just a dream band for me. Its profile is perfection, to my eye. I LOVE that you had your wedding band and anniversary ring made to match in size and width and depth etc. It really bugs me when I see rings paired together which have wildly different outer circumferences - and I freely admit I'm OCD in that way! I think it makes the smaller ring look like it's being swallowed by the larger ring - and the larger ring is almost always the wedding or eternity diamond band - which makes the diamond in the e-ring look smaller, and on and on and on. I don't mind rings of different *widths* together; it's the outer circumference thing that drives me out of my mind! Anyway, for me, your rings add to the balance of the universe! :bigsmile:

I love the detail that's gone into that band - and it's so clear in the profile and in how the prongs have been made. Just a beautiful, beautiful set. :appl:

:wavey:

ETA Your solitaire, of course, is equally splendiferous!

Thank you so much mrs-blop!! You made my day! I think I have already said this but I am in awe of your gorgeous rings and jewelry, your solitaire is pure perfection - so your compliments means a lot to me! :appl: :wavey:

I cannot agree more, I am a bit OCD about the rings being the same too! I got the gold band years before the asscher band and even then made sure that the gold band would be thick enough to match a diamond band. :lol:

Another detail that I really love is that the bands are exactly the same inside the hand, it makes it feel like they belong together. Maybe a little crazy, but it was important for me too....! It feels a little off now that the gold band is sized smaller, but it isnt very noticable and will probably change in the future. ::)

20160809_090721.jpg

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-blop: let me know if you want more pictures to see how this size stone looks. Looking forward to seeing what you decide for your project!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

aca - my finger size varies between a 6.5 and a 7.5 - I dream of having a 5.5 sized finger even more than I dream of having an AVC!!

I'm still probably 3-4 years away from getting my AVC. :( I'm currently working on a 3 stone, a smallish traveling solitaire ring, 2 diamond necklaces, a diamond bangle and a few somewhat less exciting projects (diamond jackets, rose gold bangle, second charm bracelet...and so on and so on). And then the AVC. And then fall down in a dead faint. :)

I love the size of your AVC on your finger - it's very elegant. I'm not sure what size I'd need for it to translate to my finger size - probably around a 6.5mm.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop|1470963308|4064979 said:

aca - my finger size varies between a 6.5 and a 7.5 - I dream of having a 5.5 sized finger even more than I dream of having an AVC!!

I'm still probably 3-4 years away from getting my AVC. :( I'm currently working on a 3 stone, a smallish traveling solitaire ring, 2 diamond necklaces, a diamond bangle and a few somewhat less exciting projects (diamond jackets, rose gold bangle, second charm bracelet...and so on and so on). And then the AVC. And then fall down in a dead faint. :)

I love the size of your AVC on your finger - it's very elegant. I'm not sure what size I'd need for it to translate to my finger size - probably around a 6.5mm.

Ah so many lovely projects to look forward to!!

I wouldn't say no to a bigger AVC though... :bigsmile: :halo:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hear ya, sister!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are absolute perfection, slurp! I want me some red gold! :love: :cheeky:

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
I love the solitaire and the diamond band. I'm drooling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you bonfire and marquise_madness!! :wavey: :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous new pics :love:
You have such a beautiful and versatile set!!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Acinom! :appl: :wavey:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Thank you for sharing.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks CravingDiamonds! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how beautiful! :love: I somehow missed this when you posted it! Both of your rings are beautiful and two of my very favorite diamond cuts!

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
I love both rings, but the wedding band is really special. I have a channel set half eternity band and would like to get something different the future. Your wedding band is really unique looking and beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results