carat
color
clarity

Finally! My GOG cushion reset

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi!

As some of you may know I have had a bit of a journey finding a setting I love for my cushion. Now I can finally say that I have found it and I am (along with my husband who grew tired of this project one year ago!) extremely happy that I finally have it on my finger! I have so many of you to thank for all your help, knowledge and advice, I simply cant thank all of you. I especially want to thank mrs blop for encouraging me when I felt most hopeless and indecisive.

The diamond is a chunky cushion from GOG, 1.01 ct J VS1. I have thanked GOG in another thread, they are simply great.

The ring is custom made by a very reputable local jeweler in my town. Head in platinum, hand made using wire, and the band is in red gold, cast. The design is inspired by the classic six prong tiffany, but four split claws. No knife edge though, I preferred a rounded look instead.

I understand now why I got the advice from some of you that split claws can overwhelm a stone this size. I never found any other option that I liked though and I think this jeweler managed to make the prongs very fine. I think it looks ok. Maybe have to upgrade the stone in the future for a more perfect look for split claws! :halo: :lol:

The band is 2,5 mm wide. My previous ring was 1,9 mm and I felt that was too thin, but it takes some time getting used to this new width!

This will be a RHR and I wont be wearing a second ring next to it, but the photos are taken on my left hand because I simply cant take photos the other way around! :roll:

Now onto the pictures! :appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new ring! It looks so elegant and fresh! Congrats to you! [emoji4][emoji1303]

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That diamond is beautiful! I love the new setting, the gold colour & even the split claws - they've been done so beautifully :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - enjoy your new ring!!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
... and more

Kozibe :love:

Adore the side view. The diamond sparkles beautifully there too!

I also really like how this setting showcases the chunkiness of the stone!

Thanks for looking! :wavey:

Q

Queenie60

Your ring is lovely :wavey:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE your GOG cushion and LOVE your new reset!! I agree the setting really showcases the chunky goodness of your cushion!! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really beautiful!! Love the wider shank!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! Congrats!!! :appl: :appl:

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Your jeweler did a beautiful job with a beautiful stone. Maybe post the jeweler's name so he/she can get kudos? I love the hint of knife edge just near the stone and then it dies away. Also like the fact that each set of two prongs is a perfect "V." Nice job, and it looks great on you.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Outstanding and elegant! love it

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your nice comments!! :appl: :wavey:

Sagafemme: thank you! I really like all the details of this ring and that it is so well made, especially compared to my old setting. Youre absolutely right re posting the name of the jeweler, it didnt occur to me to do it because I'm not based in the US. **name edited at request of OP**. I highly recommend them! :wavey:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!!! Do you wear it with a wedding band too?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Love the red gold. LOVE LOVE LOVE that with the stone!! :love: :appl:

2. Cushion cut stones, most jewelers will not set them in anything other than double prongs. What you would do to mitigate them for a smaller stone (not that yours is smaller, you know what I mean) is make them as narrow and needle-like as possible, like a Leon Mege prong. FWIW I bet that your prongs disappear IRL. Am I right? :wavey:

Beautiful stone, beautiful setting, looks amazeballs!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful.. a true work of art!!!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Love the setting - the thickness and the 2 tone. Looks lovely on you too!

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
So pretty!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is lovely and looks really comfortable to wear! Well done!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! The faceting is lovely ! :love: :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to your ring -- seriously loving the yellow gold with this! Lovely! :appl:

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
Very elegant and well-made setting. I love the chunkiness of your diamond! Just stunning! What is red gold? I've never heard of it. Is it like rose gold?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks wonderful on you! Thanks for sharing pics of your lovely cushion! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! :love: It looks so lovely in the new setting! :appl: Congratulations on your beautiful new ring! :clap:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOODNESS :love: your reset is delightful. I love how those double prongs are reminiscent of a fishtail prong looking top down but have the lovely clean lines of the wires that form them when you look at the side view. It's so elegant and makes your stone really pop. Also the flower pattern in that second picture is perfect.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your reset! Your stone looks amazing!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing reset. I love every detail about it. Enjoy wearing this beauty!!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone and lovely remount! Love those double prongs - they really compliment the shape of the cushion. :clap:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautifully done! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful. :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both the setting and the stone. Just gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results