shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally I picked one! MY DRESS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
So I picked a dress!
36.gif
Finally! This one is truly mine, I put the deposit down and everything, so this is it! It's final. No more looking. And it's completely different than everything I've looked at or shared here with you all. I kinda had second doubts afterward just because it is not like all the other dresses... not poofy, no pickups, no sash. It's funny because I started to like the pickups and sashes less and less as I shopped. Especially towards the end. I just wasn't into them anymore. I really wanted something that was classic and elegant but not stuffy... I guess understated in a way. I'm hoping this dress portrays all that. It seems a lot plainer and simpler than the other dresses I tried on which worries me now because I really wanted a *wow* dress, if that makes sense.
40.gif
Anyways, here it is!

It's by Lea-Ann Belter (www.lea-annbelter.com) and the style is "Lois"

Description: A strapless sweetheart neckline with a slim fluted A-line skirt and chapel train. A satin ribbon ties around the waist and hangs down with a bow. (I'm removing the ribbon... it totally cuts me off and I think the dress looks less cutesy without it.) The entire hem is embellished with a wide border of Alencon lace.
Oh and it is made of silk duchess satin... the fabric is 100% silk and it is devine!! Plus it has covered buttons that go all the way down the backside of the dress, which I love.

Here it is on the model. Believe me, it is much more gorgeous in person!

knlebrs06loisl.jpg

On me (I'm holding my hands like that because I'm covering the ribbon
2.gif
)
drcamry0383smallpk7.jpg

drcamry0233smallnn0.jpg

lace detail on hem
drcamry039ha1.jpg

train
drcamry075yh0.jpg

I'm customizing the dress a bit to make it truly my own... I'm adding scalloped lace straps (so imagine two of them) and I'm having the buttons moved closer together (they're kinda spaced out) so there will be more buttons.
drcamry027smallcx1.jpg

drcamry0412smalldz0.jpg

I will have my hair in a loose low chignon/updo with a simple single tier cathedral drop veil pinned above it.
hollywoodglamgt7.jpg

katehairzx5.png

So that's it! I'm so glad I was able to take several pics of me in the sample because the camera died after a few minutes. I get to meet the designer (Lea-Ann Belter) next month which is really exciting and I'll try to take more pics then. Thanks for all your help and opinions during this whole process!
9.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
You look fantastic in it! Seriously, it is so much more slimming than the others...gives you a nice long lean sihouette. I thought you had bought that Jasmine...were you able to return it?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooooohhhhh chelle i LOVE LOVE LOVE it and it''s sooooooo pretty on you!!!!!! definitely a great choice for your shape and your overall beautiful dark look, i love it!! very nice choice!!!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Its beautiful!! It looks like it was just made for you its so flattering!!! WOW congrats girl you must be so excited
36.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 6:48:14 PM
Author: FacetFire
You look fantastic in it! Seriously, it is so much more slimming than the others...gives you a nice long lean sihouette. I thought you had bought that Jasmine...were you able to return it?
Thanks Facet! You really think it's slimming? That was one of my other issues... I kept doubting that it was flattering because I always thought I had to have a dropped waist to achieve a slimming look (on myself). When this dress had the ribbon around the waist it made me feel short and short-waisted, which is why I'm having it removed. I think it improves the look a lot. As far as the Jasmine dress, I really thought I was going to get it, but I never purchased it. I was planning on getting it around the end of last year (I was wanting to lose weight and didn't want to order it right away), but when that time came I really didn't love it anymore. So glad I waited!

Officers girl~
Thanks so much! And I am soooo excited! The whole dress shopping experience was beginning to get stressful because I didn't think I would ever find one. I cut it really close! Thank goodness for rush shipping.
2.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh it looks absolutely gorgeous on you!!!!! Congrats on finding "the one!"

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, cool! Glad you didn''t become a two-dress bride, unlike me. Haha. It is definitely so slimming on you...you look like you''ve lost a lot of weight too from the pics I remember seeing with you in the Jasmine. I definitely agree that a sash around your waist is not flattering on you...it makes you look very short-waisted, not good. But, the long clean sihouette of this dress is perfect! And the fabric just glows! I think it will look perfect with those lace straps too...what a great add-on! Congrats on finding your dress!!!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 6:50:44 PM
Author: Mara
ooooooohhhhh chelle i LOVE LOVE LOVE it and it's sooooooo pretty on you!!!!!! definitely a great choice for your shape and your overall beautiful dark look, i love it!! very nice choice!!!
Thank you!!! I'm glad you think it's a good choice for my shape because I really was wondering about that. I've always stayed away from dresses with slimmer silohettes (well this is a slim A line), especially ones that don't have a definite waistline aka those that don't have a dropped waistline, etc. I just didn't think they would look good on me. We all know the mermaid/trumpet style was a no-no for my shape, but I think I found a nice compromise for my curvy body.
1.gif

Rascal~
Thank you! I was starting to think "the one" didn't exist for me. hehe It's funny because I've tried this dress on several times but only *loved* it till recently when I covered the sash!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 7:04:19 PM
Author: FacetFire
Oh, cool! Glad you didn''t become a two-dress bride, unlike me. Haha. It is definitely so slimming on you...you look like you''ve lost a lot of weight too from the pics I remember seeing with you in the Jasmine. I definitely agree that a sash around your waist is not flattering on you...it makes you look very short-waisted, not good. But, the long clean sihouette of this dress is perfect! And the fabric just glows! I think it will look perfect with those lace straps too...what a great add-on! Congrats on finding your dress!!!
So I had to refresh my memory on your dresses... I''m usually away from PS for weeks at a time because I get so busy and I have to play catch up. Anyways, I searched for your dress threads and I was like, Oh yeah! She''s the one with the rockin body!!! hehe I remember I was thinking how you have the *perfect* body for those mermaid/trumpet gowns. I told myself, "Now THIS is how someone is supposed to look in this type of gown!" (I learned the hard way! LOL) Honestly you look fantastic in everything and you really can''t go wrong!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think it''s very slimming and makes you look taller!

though honestly for me i think it looks better without the lace straps....but maybe that''s just the angle of the pictures taken with the straps. in the first few i just love the expanse of your lovely brown skin with nothing breaking it up. it''s a great contrast to the gown''s color.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it''s just beautiful! I love the detail
emsmile.gif

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
that dress is gorgeous!! and it looks gorgeous on you!! it''s simple and classic, but different from anything i''ve seen. the silk and the lace look divine!!

i must say i think i like it better without the straps though. i think they might look a little out of place. the lace at the bottom seems to flow from the lace on the lower part of the dress. i''m concerned that the lace straps won''t flow as well into the silk bodice. maybe that''s because i haven''t seen it though.

congratulations on finding such a beautiful dress!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Chelle: the dress is gorgeous on you! I especially love the detail at the bottom, it definitely makes the dress a-typical. I will have to agree with Mara and Novia, i kinda like the dress without the straps. Are they going to be thin lace straps or will they be the same width as those in the picture you posted?

Other than that great choice!!!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations on finding the dress-
and wowza- it''s so beautiful,
simple, elegant, and classic-

the neckline is so pretty on you, and i love the lace.
gorgeous fabric and you look so happy in it!!
36.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The dress is lovely. The first thought on my mind was simple, classic and very elegant when I saw the pic. Then I went back to read your post, and the dress is everything that you are looking. I am glad you are not using the sash because it doesn''t look good in the model pic; it takes away from the whole dress.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies! As far as the lace straps, that''s still kinda up in the air. That "strap" in the pic is just a piece of lace the manager found and she laid it on my shoulder. I liked how it looked from the back. I''ll talk to the designer and ask about the thickness, blending it in, etc. I know I''ve brought this issue up before, but I really don''t want my tattoo showing the day of. (The lace on the back was a way of conealing it.) I was thinking I could use some makeup and I actually talked to a lady from Dermablend, but she said she wouldn''t reccommend it. The makeup would smear, especially when people hug me. I was really disappointed. And I''d like my hair up, so that doesn''t help. So we''ll see. I may or may not have the straps, but in the end, I''d like that darn tattoo covered up somehow. If anyone has any solutions, please let me know!
1.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! It''s gorgeous!!! Excellent choice!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooh you look gorgeous in it!!! great choice!!!
36.gif
36.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking, I probably look taller in the pics because I am... I'm wearing heels! hehe The manager had to take all these custom measurements so I wore my heels when she took the measurement for the dress length. So that could be the reason I look tall and slim.
5.gif

Oh and I did some researching to see if there's any other makeup besides concealer and Dermablend and I came across alcohol activated makeup suggested by a knottie on one of the tattoo threads. Anyone heard of it? This is what she wrote...

"I've got one myself, right in the shadow of my collarbone, and of COURSE I chose a strapless dress. Well, a friend of mine is a makeup artist and she suggested that I try alcohol activated makeup. It's a stage-makeup thing, and basically it's like those water color kits you played with as a kid, only instead of painting with water on paper you paint with alcohol on yourself.

The great thing is you buy a whole pallette, so you can layer the opaque but ultra thin makeup until you get a perfect blend. AND, the best thing is it absolutely will NOT smudge off on clothes or guests, because once it's set it takes 99% isopropyl alchol to get it off. It takes practice to get it right, but once it's right, it's ON.

It's what I'll be using for my wedding. The link below is where I bought my kit."

http://www.fxwarehouse.info/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=AAM

This might just work! It looks kinda scary, but maybe I'll purchase some to try it out. If anyone has had any experience with it, please let me know! Thanks!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 8:34:22 PM
Author: chellebelle
Thanks ladies! As far as the lace straps, that''s still kinda up in the air. That ''strap'' in the pic is just a piece of lace the manager found and she laid it on my shoulder. I liked how it looked from the back. I''ll talk to the designer and ask about the thickness, blending it in, etc. I know I''ve brought this issue up before, but I really don''t want my tattoo showing the day of. (The lace on the back was a way of conealing it.) I was thinking I could use some makeup and I actually talked to a lady from Dermablend, but she said she wouldn''t reccommend it. The makeup would smear, especially when people hug me. I was really disappointed. And I''d like my hair up, so that doesn''t help. So we''ll see. I may or may not have the straps, but in the end, I''d like that darn tattoo covered up somehow. If anyone has any solutions, please let me know!
1.gif
Okay now I see the reason for the straps, and I totally empathize because I have a tattoo myself, that will show on my wedding day because I also have a strapless dress. The tattoo showing is not really an issue for me, because i feel it is a part of who I am. But I definitely understand you wanting to cover your tattoo on your wedding day. I don''t have any ideas for you though for covering it.
8.gif
Hopefully the designer can give you some ideas about making the straps dainty and complimentary to the dress.
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, CHELLE!!! So glad you found "the one!" Isn't it a great feeling?? You look absolutely beautiful, it looks like a dream on you!!! YAY!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
you look wonderful! And how unique that you''re making it "your own." Love it!
28.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE that dress!!! Congratulations on finding it!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It''s gorgeous!

E B

Ideal_Rock
*THUD*

Girl, it''s amazing! Congratulations on finding YOUR one!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You definitely have a WOW dress, there! It''s suited to you perfectly!!! I love gowns that have JUST a touch of lace, and I think adding the straps will make it look even more romantic! Congrats! You are stunning and will be even more so on your big day!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Chelle, it looks AMAZING!!!!!!
36.gif
it''s so tasteful and classic (love it without the sash, too)!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!! I absolutely love the lace on the bottom of this dress, it''s understated and gorgoues, and very french looking. Your hair idea will go perfectly with the dress, I love the entire look!!!

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
very pretty dress. also, i like the kate B hair style

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results