shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally here! RB cathedral solitaire with shared prong pave

HalfMoon5291

Rough_Rock
After almost a year of PS research... I can share the custom ring my boyfriend and I had made! Not engaged yet, but loving this ring. 1.74 XXX H Si2, no flourescence. One inclusion visible under loupe-a white wisp under the table. 3 pointers in the band. The pave feels larger than expected but I'm still very pleased with the proportions. G/H Si quality pave stones.

img_15516.jpg

img_15517.jpg

img_15515.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Finally here! RB cathedral solitaire with shared prong p

Very pretty on lovely hands. Congratulations on your engagement!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovely! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pretty ring - bet you can't wait for the proposal!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats beautiful and elegant!!!

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Looks beautiful on your hand!

P

PierreBear

Beautiful and classic!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful and looks so lovely on you!! :love: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement...it looks lovely on you!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats, it's lovely!

HalfMoon5291

Rough_Rock

Thanks so much everyone! I love how supportive PS'ers are. The setting is a bit lifted off the finger to allow for a scoop/shared prong wedding band to safely sit flush. The wedding band will be approx. 10 pointers. The metal surrounding the pave is actually wider than the stones themselves, by just a hair, so that once it's paired with the band the diamonds won't be hitting each other. Or hitting against any metal for that matter. The jeweler we worked with was great in that he helped us make this style compatible with a large wedding band, but I think he kept it as delicate as he could! I've been told the ring will soon be relocated until he proposes, so I'm taking as many photos as I can to get me through the "waiting days"! Thanks everyone, you all ROCK!

img_15523.jpg

img_15524.jpg

img_15525.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's beautiful! Do come back with more pictures once you are officially wearing it - and again once you have a wedding band!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is beautiful! My daughter has a ring very close to a perfect match to yours. I love it on her hands and every time I see it, I can hardly take my eyes off of it! The height of the setting really sets off the diamond and the sparkle factor is just crazy. Congratulations, I hope he proposes soon!

HalfMoon5291

Rough_Rock

Thanks luv2sparkle! I hope so too

naivemelody

Rough_Rock

Oh gorgeous! The proportions are fab, I love the size of the pave and it'll look great with the larger pave band. I really really love your stone, wow! Congratulations!

HalfMoon5291

Rough_Rock

naivemelody I was JUST peeping your gorgeous marquise a few minutes ago! Thank you! I'll come back with photos once I have a better camera, a wedding band, and hopefully a manicure :lol: I'm hoping that the large band stones will dwarf the engagement pave a bit and give me that mix and match look that I'm going for with lots of size contrast.

So happy you like the stone! I do see a touch of warmth, but for me an H was the value sweet spot given our budget. I was insistent on an Si2 clarity because I initially thought I would choose something with a prong-able inclusion and it would give us more bang for our buck. The jeweler helped me select from a bunch of Si2 stones and this one was cleaner than I ever hoped for! I'm now such a believer in Si quality for those who want to maximize size! Even under loupe it was very difficult for me to spot the white wisp on my own. Without the loupe it's absolutely impossible. I plan to have this stone for a long long time!

HalfMoon5291

Rough_Rock

Two more-bear with me PS! Keeping this ring a secret is eating me up!

img_15563.jpg

img_15564.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's a beauty!! I love how the melee frames you gorgeous stone. It's a stunning look.

naivemelody

Rough_Rock

I love all your stone research! Yeah, just from stone search threads on here I feel like I've seen a really wide range of "cleanness" on SI2s. Mine is a little more typical for an SI2 I think, the inclusions can be seen from the side view, but they're all clear so they disappear into the facets from top-down.

I super love warmer stones as well as white, so I think that just adds to the appeal. To me white gold and platinum look more off-white than a near-colorless diamond anyway.

Stay strong! You'll be glad to have your perfect ring on day 1 of engagement! Being engaged but ringless for >3 months was no picnic either, haha.

Definitely come back with wedding band photos! Your hands look great but this is always a good time for a manicure too. Wishing I hadn't had to cut my nails super short right now.

HalfMoon5291

Rough_Rock
9E42BBC6-B692-46B3-B38D-CDA0814E430C.jpeg Well PSers I have been engaged and wearing this ring for quite some time now! My fiancé planned a surprise with our whole family and we made such special memories. Here is an updated shot that shows the facets and fire well! I am considering ordering a half eternity from IDJ for my wedding band and may go pretty big... either 9 stones or 10 stones.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so pretty and sits so well on your hand. Paired with a half eternity, it'll be even more stunning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results