shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally here! My new James Allen Twisty Halo Reset!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Fellow PriceScopers,

I have been in search of a re-set for over a year now. During that time I have gathered much advice from PS, as well as joined the community myself. It's been and continues to be informative and a lot of fun.

So, there have been lots of bumps and bruises along the way, but I won't get into that now. I want to instead show you my new reset e-ring! It's a James Allen platinum halo ring and includes a 1.03 center round stone that I acquired from another vendor. It's a GIA triple X with a HCA score of 1.8. The color is H and the clarity is SI2. I had James Allen set the stone so that the one inclusion near the top was covered by a prong. (But it was still very difficult to see without a 10x loupe.)

I decided to purchase a .8mm spacer band in palladium to go in-between the rings since the new e-ring does have diamonds that could potentially rub against my wedding band. (For informational purposes, the wedding band is a Simon G pave set platinum band that I got in 2001 when I was married.)

The pictures are humble, but I think good enough to hopefully show you the ring well. I also included one taken by the appraiser, which I also found by looking on PS.

Best,
Sparkly Soprano

img_6741.jpg

img_6742.jpg

img_6743.jpg

img_6744.jpg

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty. It looks like a flower! Sort of.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I have admired this setting on their site for awhile! It's just lovely!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your reset! Your diamond is beautiful, and I love your setting! :appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really beautiful SparklySoprano! Could we see more pictures please? I would love to see the profile. Enjoy!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much, everyone!!! I do agree that it looks a bit floral-like, as well. And to tell you the truth, I wasn't expecting that, but I am overjoyed as I've always loved floral settings. What I love is that it looks a lot more delicate than I imagined it to look. It's always tough ordering something without trying it on, but the James Allen return policy is quite generous.

Forgot to give ring size: The new JA e-ring is 5.25, which is quite a bit larger than my wedding band of 4.5. I'm on some medication that sometimes makes me puffy, plus summertime is very different than winter for me. And I like that when I am a bit more slim, I can put it on my right hand, which is bigger. But, I am in the window of a free re-sizing so I'll continue to monitor the choice. Of course, today, it's seems a bit bigger than I had thought it would, but I'm on the slim side (fingers anyway!) :lol:

Here are some more shots as requested. I also included one of it on my right hand so for those considering it as an e-ring, they could see how it looks alone. (Next post, as I can only upload four at a time.)

img_6745.jpg

img_6746.jpg

img_6747.jpg

img_6748.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
More pics...

(Please ignore the super dry hands, and the weird pinky shot in the one. I loved the pics of the ring so had to include.)

And if anyone is interested, I'm happy to include how the ring was presented (how it arrived). I was super impressed with the packaging. Let me know and I'll post that, too.

img_6750.jpg

img_6752.jpg

img_6753.jpg

Diamoneecee

Rough_Rock
Absolutely, totally beautiful.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much, Diamoneecee!!! (edited to correct spelling ;-) )

I can't stop adding pics, so here are some more real-life shots. As I'm working on my computer, this is what I see. I wanted to show the more delicate nature of the ring.

Would love everyone's thoughts on the ring worn with the wedding band and without. Which do you prefer? Just so curious. :wink2:

img_6755.jpg

img_6756.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks like a flower, congrats, I love it!!!! And it looks great both with and without the band....

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, arkeib1! It's funny that when I saw it in person I thought that way, too, that it looked floral. It never crossed my mind really when I saw it online. I was actually so nervous to open the red box so I opened it just a little and shut it before opening it again. I'm not normally like that, but it's been such a journey and there was a lot of expectation awaiting the reveal.

My husband still can't believe I found the one without actually trying it on since we've been through quite a few try-ons in person. What was the hardest was finding something I liked against my wedding band. My original e-ring was a three-stone round center (slightly smaller at just under 3/4 carat) with two baguettes, one on each side. I loved it, but always knew a reset was in the future since we decided to go platinum for my wedding band and my e-ring was white gold. And I wanted something different this time around.

The other interesting thing is that when this setting first came out, James Allen had it only listed under halo styles. More recently, they added it to their vintage styles line up, as well. And I actually think it does have a vintage vibe, perhaps more so in person than online.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful!!! :love: I think it has a vintage feel to it too, it's gorgeous! Congratulations SparklySoprano, and enjoy all that sparkle! :love:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the flower look of your ring :appl:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely reset congratulation!

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
SparklySoprano|1422325149|3822481 said:
Thank you so much, everyone!!! I do agree that it looks a bit floral-like, as well. And to tell you the truth, I wasn't expecting that, but I am overjoyed as I've always loved floral settings.

It's just enough floral-- not over done. It's very feminine and unique. May it remind you of spring even when it's cold! :))

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
WOW gorgeous :love: so delicate and what a find to get an awesome SI2 stone!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I really like the twist in the halo!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that's pretty!!! :love: :love:
It looks a little like the Tiffany Schlumberger bud ring.. but a bit lower key which is GREAT!!!
Enjoy!!!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an elegant flowery design! Very classic, yet with a unique look. Enjoy wearing your beautiful ring.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring! I love the twist halo as well and it looks lovely on!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: Enjoy in health and happiness. :appl:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you soooo much, everyone! I love reading your comments. And the one about it reminding me of spring is perfect, MisterMadelise! I'm always cold and I much prefer the warmer weather. :sun:

And about the stone, Diamondbug, yes, a total amazing find! Even the appraiser was complimentary about it. The stone upgrade actually was never in the original plan, and was somewhat late in the process, but I'm so glad I did. Going from just under 3/4 carat at a very good more spready-cut, to a triple ex 1.8 HCA scoring stone at 1.03 makes a huge difference to me.

I love all of your rings so much, so it is very inspirational to hear your positive comments. Here are a couple more cloudy day shots this morning waiting for my son's school bus.

img_6763.jpg

img_6764.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVELY!!!!

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, SparklySoprano! I love the flower petal effect the twists give the halo. Very pretty!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! I love floral rings and yours looks beautiful both with & with-out the band. Congratulations :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! It looks lovely on your finger! :love:

I love it with your wedding bands or without.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Motownmama, snfsdca, woofmama,Crystal24K, thank you all for your comments and thoughts on my question. I'm catching up here and wanted to post my appreciation!

Best to you all!
~SS

julesxxxooo

Rough_Rock
love the shot the appraiser took, you can really see the details. It's gorgeous!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Julesxxxooo! I am hoping I can work on my camera abilities, but first I have to use a better camera. The iPhone and iPad just are not macro worthy. Although, your amazing iPhone pic that gave the center a pink look was really cool!!! (My case is pink, too. :sun: )

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the wonderful photos! Your new setting is such a unique and wonderful "twist" on the standard halo! ;-) I can see why you love it so much, congratulations and may it bring you joy every day for years to come!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results