shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally have some (not so good) pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, these turned out better than my last attempt, but they're still really blurry. I just can't figure out how you all get such clear pictures. Anyway, here's what I have for now, the camera died before I could upload any more or the pictures I have of Bella.

dcp_0663.jpg

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
A little blurry...

dcp_0656.jpg

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
And a profile shot

dcp_0654.jpg

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
And this is the stock picture from Blue Nile, where I got my setting.

DM15400600_RD_100_zoom.jpg

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
And one of my playful little Bella.
1.gif

dcp_0666.jpg

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
This is so frustrating. I just can''t get a single shot of my ring that''s not blurry.
7.gif
How do you do it? I''ve heard I need a macro feature, but I swear this camera has one and I thought I was using it. Maybe I am just crazy.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the macro feature is normally a little flower symbol. I also find that natural light works best for me. You also have to be perfectly still, any movement will cause a blurry picture. I usually get 1 or 2 good shots for every 20 I take..

love you ring by the way
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. Yes look for the flower symbol on your camera. Hold very still. Also sunlight helps a lot too. All this from someone that doesn''t post pics. hehe. Your doggie is very cute. Takes a ton of pics to come out with a few decent ones. Nan/sevensone takes my pics when we visit each other and it''s not as easy as it looks.
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Xchick- it is very pretty. If you cannot use the micro try using a loop held next to lens and moving closer and farther away to the ring until it is in focus.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I used the flower thing and I thought I was being really still. I had to turn the flash off, too because then all you could see were the sparkles from the diamond. I''ll have to try again tomorrow in the sunlight.

Thanks.
1.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 11:18:15 PM
Author: Matatora
Xchick- it is very pretty. If you cannot use the micro try using a loop held next to lens and moving closer and farther away to the ring until it is in focus.

I''ll have to try that, too. I''ve already taken enough pictures to burn through two batteries, not that it takes many pictures to do that.
20.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 11:20:59 PM
Author: XChick03

Date: 4/15/2006 11:18:15 PM
Author: Matatora

I''ll have to try that, too. I''ve already taken enough pictures to burn through two batteries, not that it takes many pictures to do that.
20.gif
You could always send it to me....
27.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring!!! More details please! I''d normally bug for more pics, but I won''t since you are having camera problems.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
X, that is a lovely stone and setting! My husband had taken some pics of my ring, and he set the camera still on something and then pressed the button to try to get a more clear pic. You say you''re using the tulip icon on the camera, holding it still, just keep clicking away until you start to get clearer pics. Like others have said above, sometimes you have to take a ton of pictures just to get one clear one.

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Try scanning it!
9.gif
(But it does look very beautiful!!)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!!
30.gif

As for picture tips, I second everything that has been said already. Also, you can try taking pictures further away, that way they are not blurry, and then you can crop them. Just an idea, it may not work depending on your the mp of your camera.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I used Lynn''s advice and taped my loupe to the camera lens. Cropping the pic usually helps too if the picture was taken too far away.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! Definitely try the scanner if you can''t get the camera macro thing to work.
31.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a scanner, but I totally plan on using my mom''s tomorrow. This is going to drive me nuts until I get at least one decent picture.

The specs are
AGS0
H/SI1
.84 ct.
Table 56.5%
Depth 61%
Pavillion depth 42%
Crown angle 34.9
Pavillion angle 41.2

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Sometimes, even if you use the macro feature, the movement from your finger pushing the button will cause the camera to move every so slightly and blurr the pic. If you think that could be the case, set your camera''s timer and just hold the camera steady while it counts down...sometimes I prop the camera against something to hold it perfectly still. Also, make sure your camera is focusing on the right object by only depressing the button halfway at first.

Your ring looks absolutely gorgeous though!!!!

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
Your doggie is not blurry she is a cutie!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results