shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally have a ring.............

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
After, many false starts and searching the internet. I ended up buying a stone from a pawn shop. I was a nervous wreck, but I trusted my eyes. I could tell that it seemed to be very well cut and I could make out some arrows without looking too hard. I had actually looked at it once before, and went back to look at the stone again to see if it was as pretty as I remembered. It was and I was so after some negotiating I bought it with a 4 day return window to have my jeweler check it out. It appraised for WAY more than what I paid for it ( and the jeweler who did the appraisal made a note that it was a unique cut. I need to follow upon that. Anyway. The info that I have is that it is an I VS2, 1.01ct round brilliant. I purchased the mounting separate.

myring3.jpg

myring9.jpg

myring14.jpg

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
Trying to be creative with some fruit.

myring2.jpg

myring6.jpg

myring10.jpg

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
Here are a few more..Sorry these are all taken with the iphone, it's the best I can get right now.

myring17.jpg

myring12.jpg

myring19.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is soooo pretty!! You did a fantastic job putting together a beautiful ring. Stone looks really lovely, and I love the setting. It looks really nice on you. Congrats and enjoy your new bling!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning! And I'm especially impressed with your thrift!

These pictures are gorgeous - if this is what you did with an iPhone, I can't wait for more pics!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, great job! I love beautiful sparklies, but even more I love a great deal! It looks like you got the best to both! I hope you
come back and tell us about the cut when you find out. Congratulations!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty....looks great on your hand. Would you mind sharing where you found your setting? it is lovely!!! :wavey: :twirl:

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
yay for you! pawn shops rock :bigsmile: congrats on the beautiful stone!

i got mine at a pawn shop and am a big fan of them esp for the deals that can be had.

do you mind me asking where you got it? i got mine in detroit.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Woo hoo and yum yum! :appl: Impressive! Love a diamond success story...

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
anitabee|1299769359|2868777 said:
yay for you! pawn shops rock :bigsmile: congrats on the beautiful stone!

i got mine at a pawn shop and am a big fan of them esp for the deals that can be had.

do you mind me asking where you got it? i got mine in detroit.

I got mine in Indiana. I actually got my wedding band at a different one. I've had good luck but it takes sorting through a lot of really bad stuff, I got really lucky on the wedding band b/c it was an eternity band, because I think it might be a designer piece.

I love antique, thrift shopping so this kind of thing was just up my alley.

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
Taylorbug!|1299765587|2868752 said:
Very pretty....looks great on your hand. Would you mind sharing where you found your setting? it is lovely!!! :wavey: :twirl:

Thanks, I purchased the setting from a local store but it is an A.jaffe setting in 18kt gold.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
That's an awesome find!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, nice work! :appl:

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments. I have been on a roller coaster ride trying to replace my lost ring and then it just all came together. I forgot to add in the info on the setting It's made by A.jaffe from their signature line, it has appr. .55 ctw, and is 18kt white gold. I purchased the setting from a local jeweler who I have a good relationship with and who has a really good service policy so I can take the ring in to have it cleaned and serviced at no cost as needed. My ring is a size 6.5 for those who want a reference.

I have learned so much on this site. I was much more confident when selecting my mounting and discussing the appraisal on this diamond. The jeweler actually asked me if I used to work in the business! Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge and experiences!

singer

Brilliant_Rock
You have good eyes! It's gorgeous!!! :love:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its GORGEOUS!!!! :love: :love:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set! congrats!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow! Love it--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
btw, i meant to compliment you earlier on your AMAZING band! that's equally impressive. coolio :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't let DS flush this one down the toilet!!!!! It's too pretty!!!1

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results