shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY got the wax. Computer design to wax...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds to me like you''re making some good progress!! Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!
1.gif

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Just got off the phone with the one of the brothers at Quest. Wow, what great service so far. He and I were talking about the CAD drawings I did. He does the CAD work there so he was asking about all the details and listened to my wishes quite well. He did a great job explaining as well. So far I''m happy with them. Only bad thing is not being in the same town as them. That''ll hurt in the end. He''ll have a quote for me in 24 hours! Now I''m somewhat excited again. (in a good way)

Thanks again everyone!
Ukieza

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Quest is great, they did diamondlil''s ring and know many people here have been very pleased with their work.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
i''m glad that it sounds like you''ve found someone who is willing to work WITH you finally!! you''re right- buying an e-ring is supposed to be a fun and happy experience! the other jeweler just wasn''t worth your time...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you decided to nix the first jeweler - and that you''re getting positive feedback from the new ones you have contacted. Good luck and let us know which route you decide to take!!

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Okay, just heard back from Quest. He was sad to say that they couldn''t get the melee in SI2 G for me but were able to find VS2 and SI1. Then he gave me the quote without the centerstone. WOW! Lower by quite a bit with higher quality melee on the shank. Impressive. I''m happy so far.

I also talked to a local jeweler that might beable to get me a princess centerstone with an AGS rating of zero as well! I have a back up provider that would mean! Looks like things are turning around!

-Ukieza

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great news!!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
please keep us posted on your progress.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ukieza what is going with you creation? When will you be getting your ring? I am dying for an update.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Currently, my ring is not being worked. I''m waiting on a center stone and due to conferences going on in the diamond industry.. I''m on hold. I may have found someone to do the ring for me though, which would be glorious but we''ll see. Currently nothing. I''m pretty frustrated though because I wanted it for this weekend. That obviously didn''t happen. This whole situation sucks. :( Oh well.. such is life huh?

-Ukieza

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s right you wanted it for the first week in June. That''s too bad, but at least you may have found someone to do the ring. That is some headway. Hang in their you''ll get it done soon.

Stickee

Rough_Rock
Ya, waiting is the hardest thing. I didn''t receive mine until 2 weeks after it was scheduled to be completed. It will be well worth it, just hang in there!

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
I wish I could have mine 2 weeks after it was scheduled to be completed. It was suppose to be done already and I still don''t have anyone started on it. Half waiting for the diamond and half waiting for more info. :( Oh well. Life goes on. Maybe it''ll be 20x better than the orignal one would have been and the wait will be well worth it.

-Ukieza

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
did you decide who will make your ring once you find the stone?

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Not quite yet. I have two options at this point and I''m still considering both. I need more information from one before I make the decision. Both choices use machines to make the wax. One is 4-axis and one is 5-axis. The good thing about the 5-axis is it can all be done by the machine and nothing has to be done by hand. 4-axis means the prongs have to be done by hand. I''m really fond of nothing done by hand, then it goes from what I see on the computer. The 5-axis place would be local and the 4-axis is out of state. The local is $100 more than the out of state.

Who would you choose?

Ukieza

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Based on everything you''ve already been through, if you prefer the 5-axis machine and the cost differential is only $100 to keep your design in state and easily accessible, I would go with the 5-axis machine. In the scheme of things, $100 is for piece of mind.

Date: 6/6/2005 4:34:58 PM
Author: Ukieza
Not quite yet. I have two options at this point and I''m still considering both. I need more information from one before I make the decision. Both choices use machines to make the wax. One is 4-axis and one is 5-axis. The good thing about the 5-axis is it can all be done by the machine and nothing has to be done by hand. 4-axis means the prongs have to be done by hand. I''m really fond of nothing done by hand, then it goes from what I see on the computer. The 5-axis place would be local and the 4-axis is out of state. The local is $100 more than the out of state.

Who would you choose?

Ukieza

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, for $100 I would stay local if you trust them.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Without a doubt, the local place that does the 5-axis. $100 is NOTHING in the grand scheme of the ring, esp. knowing what you''ve been through already, don''t you think?!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes go with the 5 axis, and stay local.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am with the other ladies, 100$ is minor considering the overall price of the ring. I think you will feel better not having to deal with the issues of shipping. I hope you get this done soon. I imagine all this is stressing you out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results