shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally Got The GIA Number!

Dmueller9834

Rough_Rock
Finally have the GIA number, have a few questions especially about the inscriptions (does this mean it was laser inscribed)? I know you guys have alot more resources then me, so if you can shed some more light on this whole report for me that would be great. Opinions on the diamond I am having set and how every looks to be grading out.

Thanks!

Devin

GIA number: 2204694075

Date of Issue: 8/28/2015

SQUARE MODIFIED BRILLIANT:

Measurements: 4.90 x 4.86 x 3.53 mm

Carat Weight: 0.72 carat

Color Grade: F

Clarity Grade: VS2

PROPORTIONS:

Depth: 72.6 %

Table: 71 %

Cut: Excellent (as noted by seller as I specifically wanted an excellent cut diamond)

Girdle: Thick

Culet: None

FINISH:

Polish=Excellent

Symmetry= Excellent

FLUORESCENCE:

Fluorescence= None

CLARITY CHARACTERISTICS:

Clarity Characteristics: Cloud, Feather, Crystal (the place I bought it from couldn't find any on the face and couldn't even see them at all hardly" very very eye clean and hard to see even under a loupe.

INSCRIPTION(S): ---- laser inscribed?

GIA 2204694075

I was looking at this website called - http://www.lumeradiamonds.com/diamond-education/princess-cut-diamond

According to the website above:

1.) The table is just shy 1% of being rated excellent

2.) The depth is within range for excellent grading

3.) The girdle ranks in at a good grading

4.) The culet is within range for excellent grading

5.) Length / Width ratio is (4.90 x 4.86) = 1.00823 which falls within the range to get a excellent rating

I don't know the pavilion or the crown angle so those I can't provide for sure. But it seems like this diamond is pretty much on the top end of elite for my price range (the set "setting" + mounting + diamond at $3,000 or less).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancy cut shapes (princess cuts) can not be evaluated by numbers alone. There are too many variables. Did you get an aset image
of the stone? If so, please post. Is this stone an AGS000 stone which grades for light performance? Have you seen this stone?
Have you seen images of this stone?

How much are you paying for the stone? Here is an AGS000 F/VS2 $2680 for comparison sake. Not sure how much your setting
cost.
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/0.72-carat-f-color-vs2-clarity-sku-761948

Dmueller9834

Rough_Rock
Ive seen this stone in person, as of yesterday.

I have the diagram photo of the diamond on the GIA report. As for the AGS stone all the information I have is what I've posted.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dmueller9834|1450389766|3962787 said:

I have the diagram photo of the diamond on the GIA report. As for the AGS stone all the information I have is what I've posted.

So what did you think about it? Did you get to view it in different lighting situations? You should look for little mirrors turning on/off.

Dmueller9834

Rough_Rock
tyty333 said:
Dmueller9834|1450389766|3962787 said:

So what did you think about it? Did you get to view it in different lighting situations? You should look for little mirrors turning on/off.

I thought it looked great for the engagement ring and it was at the absolute highest I could afford for my price range. Natural sunlight it had tons of the mirrors you described!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! Decent GIA stones in that size/specs look like they are running about $2300 and up.

Edit ...Post pics when you get it!

Dmueller9834

Rough_Rock
tyty333 said:
Great! Decent GIA stones in that size/specs look like they are running about $2300 and up.

I was quoted at $2,020 for a stone that was Vs1, G but the symmetry / polish / cut were just good.

I insisted I wanted better within my
Budget, so the owner of the jewelry store went out and spent some money to work with me. He kept the price I owe the same on the whole setting but he got me a lot better diamond.

Now it is VS2 / F; symmetry / cut / polish are all excellent.

Dmueller9834

Rough_Rock
tyty333 said:

Will do I'll have it Friday or for sure by next Monday / Tuesday.

Would you consider this stone better then decent? What are your overall opinions?

Thanks!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without aset and images I can't really say. Like I said, you can't really evaluate fancy cut stones by the numbers. I can say it has the potential to be nice.

Dmueller9834

Rough_Rock
tyty333 said:
Without aset and images I can't really say. Like I said, you can't really evaluate fancy cut stones by the numbers. I can say it has the potential to be nice.
I'll post pics when I get it, I've done some
More searching and in my
Price range with this exact setting she desires this is about the best I'm going to be able to do!

Dmueller9834

Rough_Rock
tyty333 said:

Here are some pics! Did the natural sunlight test and it was sparkling all over tons of tiny mirrors all over the diamond and the band.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1450674503.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1450674514.jpg

Dmueller9834

Rough_Rock
They switched out the head and use chevron prongs and sat the diamond nice and flush with the setting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!

Dmueller9834

Rough_Rock
Gypsy said:
Congratulations!

Thanks!

Bump

The more I read the more I'm pleased.

Getting a ring that is:

.72 carat center diamond princess cut

VS2 clarity

F color

excellent in symmetry, cut and polish

14k white gold halo setting with chevron clamps and .47 carat total weight with SI2 diamonds color G

For a price of $2923.00 out the door and had it professionally appraised for $4,700.00. I think I've done well almost better then expected with a budget of $3,000.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
The center stone looks dull - does it ILRL

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results