shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally got the courage to post my 4.43 ctw wedding set (EEEK!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys, I browse most of the time to look for, drool at and dream about the eye candy in this forum. Otherwise, I find entertainment in the rollercoaster threads
11.gif
But to post my own rings??? Eeeekk!!!
32.gif
Please be gentle! But you guys have been so generous with your eye-candy, so I thought I''d give back to this community.

As someone who loves big rocks, I wore a cubic zirconia during the first year of our engagement. I was willing to research, contribute to, save and wait for the ring that I wanted. Of course it wasn''t easy! I would stare at my cz and wish it would magically turn into a diamond. Finally we had the budget to get my e-ring, and thanks to Pricescope for inspiration and tips, I finally got the real thing in March
30.gif
It''s a feeling beyond comparison! My husband is happy that he was able to afford the ring that I wanted without having to go bankrupt.

But the obsessive characteristics are showing: frequent glances at the rock, cleaning it five times a day, admiring other people''s rings, logging onto Pricescope more than I log on to my email account, then dreaming about upgrades.

Anyways, many thanks to Pricescope, and please keep them blings comin!!!
31.gif

Engagement ring:
Center Stone: 2.57 ct. round H SI2
Side stones: .36 ctw G-H VS2 round melee bead set, milgrain edge (3 pointers)
Setting: Cathedral, basket style
Metal: Platinum, 3mm

Wedding ring:
Round melee prong set eternity in 2.5 mm platinum, 1.50 ctw G-H SI1-SI2 (5 pointers)

PS: Please excuse the quality of the pics. I don''t have the best digicam.
14.gif

lyn2571.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
looks like a beauty- any clearer pics?

congtats! i am sure it''s worth the wait!

how did the cz thing go? did you tell people when they asked? I thought about going that route too.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
4.gif

lyn2572.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i know i may be asking for too much- but - any hand shots???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow it looks stunning! i''d resize the a bit so we can get a better idea of the milgraining. also pull the camera back a bit and take a slightly less close up shot and then crop out just the rings...those things look beautiful. i want to see more!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I''m sooo sorry for this crappy hand shot, but I just can''t get a good shot without the loupe. My camera doesn''t have the zoom feature. But at least it gives you an idea. Without the loupe, all I get is flash. Another reason why I haven''t posted my rings: crappy camera + amateur shots = pathetic pics.

lyn2573.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I second what Mara said about the pics. Take pics farther back from your hand and then crop them. If you need more help, I''m more than willing to help!!

And again, WOW!!!!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
looks beautiful. I bet it was well worth the wait! congrats on owning your dream ring
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, gosh...it looks beautiful!

Have you tried taking focused shots from some distance and then zooming in in the photo editing program? Sometimes that works for me...

I wanna see more!!!!!!!!!!
3.gif

widget

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
What a rock!! Looks stunning, even with the blurry pics.
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Looks pretty good!! All you need is some practice. Just remember to keep the flash off, and try to take it under natural light and use the macro setting. My camera automatically focuses if I press down the button half way and hold it, then I take the picture after it is in focus. You don''t necessary need to zoom in to take a good pic. Play around with it. We need more pics!!

Congrats on the wonderful set!
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know ... I think there''s something romantic about the semi-blurry pix. Like fine lingerie ... leaves something to the imagination. Sometimes shots are as clinical as a GYN exam! (But keep ''em coming - pix one and all). I love the miligrain on the e-ring and the stone is like a candlelit bath: heavenly. So happy your waiting is done!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Keep going with the pics! (I''m still learning and experimenting after all this time) I can tell they''re beautiful rings!

*Great av too! I *loved* his motivational speaker sketch.. and the ''van down by river''... i''d laugh myself into tears. Chris Farley was so funny!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blurry or not, I can see that it''s stunning!!!!
30.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Here is a detail of the bead setting and milgrain.

lyn2574.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Here is a view of the cathedral and basket.

lyn2577.jpg

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I can tell it''s beautiful and that last shot was a great one! I think when you have been on PS for awhile and have tried taking pictures of diamond rings you can imagine through the blurriness what it actually looks like.

coconut

Shiny_Rock
HEE HEE Platinumrock I like your avatar...
I can imagine you trying to take pictures of your ring with great effort varying angles!!!

Your ring.. is soooooo pretty!!!
Stunning! love the milgrain & details of your setting..

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 5:58:42 PM
Author: jcrow
looks like a beauty- any clearer pics?

congtats! i am sure it''s worth the wait!

how did the cz thing go? did you tell people when they asked? I thought about going that route too.

Thank you! I am doing my best with the pics, but I really need to upgrade the camera. It''s very limited in features. Remember when digicams first came out? That''s what I have
10.gif
The CZ served my craving for a diamond e-ring, but I felt like a fake, lying impostor. My husband and I had to create an alibi for each question that arose. But I never had the cajones to tell people that it was fake. I treated it like a diamond, therefore they thought it was a diamond. But now that I have the real thing, it''s such a nice feeling. You know that feeling when you know your breasts are real, natural and God-made, not man-made.
3.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Now there''s a girl who knows what she wants!!!
31.gif

You''ve definitely got yourself a boulder. Now get to work on taking some clear pictures.
11.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 6:01:46 PM
Author: Mara
wow it looks stunning! i''d resize the a bit so we can get a better idea of the milgraining. also pull the camera back a bit and take a slightly less close up shot and then crop out just the rings...those things look beautiful. i want to see more!

Thank you, Mara! You actually inspired me to post my rings. Coming from the notoriously blunt "Pricescope Queen" with such discriminating taste, that means a lot to me. I was getting nervous with all the talk about "frozen spits" in previous forums. I was like, "I hope mine isn''t one! I would die!"

You have a gorgeous wedding set as well, and don''t be surprised if mine morphs into yours :) Unfortunately, mine has already shrunk and I can''t make it look bigger!!! Now fantasizing about a sparkly 3 carat J SI2. Arrrgghhhhh!!!!!!!
39.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
MY GOSH!!!! Thank you guys, so much for the kind words!!! You don''t know how scared and intimidated I was to post pics of my rings. I was expecting the worst, especially with all the talk about lab reports, light performance, clarity, frozen spits, hearts and arrows, sarin, ideal scopes, percentages....how do I live up? I would thank you all individually, but then I would sound redundant. I have been quietly admiring all of your pieces, and hoping that mine looks a fraction as good as yours. I have been very harsh on my set, because I''ve been comparing it to all of the beauties here. *Apologizing to my carbon*

Please keep Pricescope alive, keep the eye-candies comin, and continue to educate others about diamonds. You don''t know how much money we saved with ours [$$)]

I will work on the pictures and post better ones when I get a new cam.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantasizing about a J SI2 3c? Why me too!!
31.gif

Hmm with a loupe you got a great shot of the milgrain. I would turn off the flash, take away the loupe, and try taking a few shots. I can't take pix with flash on my camera, it totally washes out the diamond. For every 100 pix I take, seriously I get about 5 good ones. Just keep snapping them, you will end up with a few good ones!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous set!
30.gif
(awaiting additional pics). I am a pic freak!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I really like your ring...You must be very happy with it!!!!

It is a classic!
30.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Even w/ the blurry pics, I can tell it''s a stunning set--congratulations!!! Can''t wait to see more!!
36.gif
36.gif

(And you have one of my favorite avatars on PS....reminds me of Memsy''s cowbell one
9.gif
)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 9:08:48 PM
Author: blueroses
Even w/ the blurry pics, I can tell it''s a stunning set--congratulations!!! Can''t wait to see more!!
36.gif
36.gif

(And you have one of my favorite avatars on PS....reminds me of Memsy''s cowbell one
9.gif
)

Thank you, blueroses! It''s funny because I just posted on Memsy''s cowbell
10.gif
Wil Farrell is hilarous! But I miss my Chris Farley!!!
39.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats,beautiful rings
36.gif
36.gif
yes, we need better pictures.
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2005 3:00:38 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
congrats,beautiful rings
36.gif
36.gif
yes, we need better pictures.
1.gif
Aw c''mon DF, we *know* you''ve got an active imagination. Just imagine them clearer. I did, and they appear clearly stunning to me.
10.gif

Platinumrock, welcome to PS and thanks for sharing your beautiful rings. Keep practicing on those shots, you''ll get better.
1.gif
They look delicious!
18.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy crap! You must surely live on a diet of government cheese to afford those!

Great set!

(before anyone flames me for saying that, I am doing a line from the skit in her avatar and signature. Farley is god)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results