shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally got around to some pics and my story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

usernametaken

Rough_Rock
Hello all. I haven't posted much here, but I have read until my eyes hurt. You all have helped much. The HCA helped too and the stone I finally selected for my ladyfriends e-ring scored a 0.6. Not too shabby. With all the talk of size in the "Am I being a brat" thread, I guess I would clearly fall on one side of the arguement. I had a budget of $5000-$6000. ANything more and the future misses would have said no. LOL. We still need a house and I'm sure children will follow, so to us there are plenty of other places to spend. Origionally I was at the "it has to be 1C or nothing" phase. Then started reading and found that quality costs, but to me would be much more rewarding. When playing the what if game with my sweetheart, I felt her out as to what was more important. She said it was quality over quantity for her hands down. Good, we were in agreement. The search ended with the stone and setting I am posting on. She has an idea that it will be coming sometime, but as of now secrecy is still in effect. Please let me know what you all think and thanks for all the pre buy info.

Stone:
RB .757
D color
VS1
AGS 0 0 0
Table 57%
Depth 60.3%
Crown 34.8
Pavilion 40.6
Girdle thin to medium faceted 0.7% to 1.3%
Flour none
Cutlet none/pointed
Setting Platinum 950 with RB sidestones 1/4 tw

usernametaken

Rough_Rock
I figured it out. Here is the first pic.

taken 1.JPG

usernametaken

Rough_Rock
And the last. It doesn't fit my finger very well, but you get the idea. Her size is a 4 so you can imagine my difficulty.
9.gif

taken 3.JPG

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely stunning ring you got! WOW! I know I am a color snob here, but even I wound't have requested a D color on a well cut round stone...technically, a G or F would do for the color snobs like me, but shaped stones are different stories...

It looks lovely and must be WHITE WHITE WHITE! Wow! Congrats to you both and I hope all goes well!!!
9.gif
appl.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the future engagement and also on the beautful ring!!!
appl.gif

I think you made an excellent choice to go with quality over quantity. Although, .75 is still big!
2.gif
I am thrilled that you got her a D color and the clarity is fantastic. Great job!

Good luck with the proposal and let us know how it went.

Cheers!
-Sarah

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting ring... where from?

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Great ring, but being a big 3 stone fan, I'm very partial. Good proportions as well. The side stones really enhance the center. No doubt she'll be thrilled. Best of luck to you!

usernametaken

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the compliments all. The ring was from Blue Nile. I realize that many here say that I could save 10-15% with other online dealers, but after much searching it had to be THIS stone and THIS setting. Total cost was $5400. I went with the VS1 clarity and was amazed when I received the actual AGS grading report. Looking at the diagram, there are no... I mean zero markings. No clouds, no pinpoints, no crystals. And nothing mentioned in the comments about these being left out. I can't figure it out as every other VS1 cert I viewed had at least a pinpoint showing, but on mine there is nothing. As to the D color, yes it may be more than I needed, but I couldn't resist. I'm kind of like another poster who I read on this forum who compared diamond buying ot stereo equiptment. Even if you never use a feature, it's nice to know it's there. So, to me even if only a trained gemologist can spot the difference in color, I know it's there. It may be silly, but that's me.

P.S. SOmeone a while back mentioned a 10% sale at BN that saved me some serious $ on the setting. Thanks again. Too bad it wasn't on stones too...
twirl.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Great ring! I think people will be able to tell that it's a D color in the sense that they will see that the stone is very white. They may not know that they're looking at a D, but they'll know they're looking at a very white stone. My e-ring is a G color. My husband said that when he was talking about stones with our jeweler, that she showed him D through G colored stones next to each other and he could tell a difference between the colors when they were all lined up like that. So, I don't think you bought something that can't be noticed. I bet most people will notice that the stone is somehow so white and so pretty! I would love to get a D stone in the future, maybe as a pendant or something.

Good for you for choosing quality over quantity!!

And, don't forget to show us some pictures of the ring on her hand once you've popped the quesiton!

usernametaken

Rough_Rock
Thanks Sumi. Now I just have to control myself and wait for the perfect moment to give it. It's so hard knowing that when we are sitting watching TV or reading that this awesome ring is hidden just a few short feet away. I am getting it appraised and cert checked next Monday and I should have some much better pics from the appraiser. I will post them if you are all interested.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/30/2004 11:49:14 AM VAgal13 wrote:

Congrats on the future engagement and also on the beautful ring!!!
appl.gif

I think you made an excellent choice to go with quality over quantity. Although, .75 is still big!
2.gif
I am thrilled that you got her a D color and the clarity is fantastic. Great job!

Good luck with the proposal and let us know how it went.

Cheers!
-Sarah----------------

lol, didnt u see that her ring size is only a 4. That gorgeous 3 stone ring with a .75 (u consider small) center stone is gonna dwarf her finger!
naughty.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful Ring...
21.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I love your username! And that's a fabulous ring. 3/4 of a carat with sidestones is plenty big for that little finger.

Absolutely lovely.

Daniela

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
D VS1, lucky girl. Sweet man. Congrats and best wishes.

Shay

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That is one gorgeous ring. Congratulations!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is one of those moments when I wish I had a size 4 finger! My diamond habit would be alot cheaper! Beautiful ring, love the setting!

usernametaken

Rough_Rock
Thanks again everyone. Hopefully she will be wearing it this summer.
9.gif
9.gif
I was going to get better pics today when I got it appriased at New England Gem Lab, but a nasty cold has kept me home. Soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results