shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally got around to posting pics of my sapphire and diamond ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laralooblue

Shiny_Rock
Ooooooo... very pretty. Love it!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow Dee Jay thanks for posting this over here as I don''t often check the colored stones forum. That is one gorgeous ring! The color in the sapphire is amazing!!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
That is a classic, beautiful ring with a great-colored sapphire!

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the nice comments! I just love the way the sapphire contrasts with the diamonds.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
STUNNING!! It''s beautiful.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I love that classic look of sapphire and diamonds.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It''s gorgeous!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted in the other thread. But had to say here, it''s gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
I adore your ring! It''s beautiful and the shape of the sapphire is SO pleasing to the eye!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
WOW it''s beautiful! I love the blue in the sapphire!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
The first recutting cost me $125, and the second recutting was $40 (but the jeweler whose assistant dropped it the second time took that off the cost of resetting the stone).

As for the ring; the whole thing was about $6,000 (if I recall correctly). The sapphire itself was only $1,580 (based on what I''ve learned since then I must have stumbed across some sort of deal because it should have been a lot more). The balance was the diamonds, the platinum, and the cost of the work. Keep in mind this was 4 years ago and I think prices have gone up since then.

Would love to see your stone, Scarleta. Do you have any pics?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Yes I do have a pic l ... looks similar to yours..( it cost me far more than you paid) Is yours heat treated?. Your seeting is great... If I figure out how to put this picture here I will share it with you...Surely one day I will figure it out hopefully soon...I am thinking of setting mine like yours it trully looks far better than mine...

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
Scarleta - I''m sure yours is beautiful and I would love to see pics!

As for heat treated... I honestly didn''t ask when I bought it, but I''m pretty certain that it must be, just based on the low price, don''t you think?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Probably was mine was heat treated too ... From what I have learned ( could be dead wrong) it is expected that a great sapphire is heat treated and the price is the same? Who cares if you are happy with it ? Right? Were you concerned that they may chip it when re setting? l

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
No concerns at all about the setter chipping it (he is truly a master), but concerned about every other possible scenario -- like even getting it across the counter and into the hands of the setter!!! (I hope you read my original original thread or that won''t make any sense at all!)

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Hello : no I have not read your original post only parts of it ( sounded like a horror story) I wll go back to it and read all of it soon.. Thanks and I promise when I figure out how to put the pic of mine here I will post it...( if only there was a site like this one for computer tutorials)

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is so bootiful. I love sapphires and diamonds. Nicely done.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results