shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally getting a Barry stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock

Ok, it is a little guy. A tourmaline that Barry says is a great green and like the original tsavorites in just about every kind of light. He says his eyes consider it a perfect green. It is a 4.7 mm round brilliant and .43 ct. I am excited though to have a stone from Barry. I imagine all the rough he must have and for some reason he decided to cut this little guy. It has sat on his site since the 4/1 drop. So after looking at it, I got it today. Yeah!

I have no idea what I’ll do with it. Maybe a little bezel from someone on Etsy. I think it might be the perfect size for that.
36.gif

t-1440g_260_general.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s lovely! It reminds me of my Namibian tourmaline that I just sold.
40.gif

I think it''s the perfect size for some stackers. What else would you put with it?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Good eye - he says it is Namibian tourmaline.

What I may do is not stack it with another color, but order some of those cute beaded rings that are on Etsy as well. Maybe a couple different finishes and styles to mix and match and then wear along with the tourmaline. Not sure yet...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the beaded stackers would be a cool idea.

I can''t wait to see your pics!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a lovely stone. I can''t wait to see some IRL photos.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your first "Barry stone" and I''m sure it won''t be your last - LOL!!

Lovely stone.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad you got this stone - it''s so pretty!! I love your bezel idea paired with those beaded bands. Too cute!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so pretty! I have yet to be added to Barry''s list of buyers! I have a feeling you will be purchasing more!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a nice looking green tourmaline. I take it you haven''t received it yet? Did Barry mention anything about it holding its colour indoors? Just curious.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 11:02:56 PM
Author: Chrono
That''s a nice looking green tourmaline. I take it you haven''t received it yet? Did Barry mention anything about it holding its colour indoors? Just curious.
He just said it looked the same in every kind of light. Maybe that means it does? He mailed it today so I''ll see it by Friday maybe.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, that is pretty! I love that shade of green.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a lovely stone! It could work with some sides as well - trillions, pears or even hearts. I think it would be a bit small for a solitaire, but if you like the idea, why not.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Great. Actually, I like the Etsy idea. Small solitaires can be a very delicate, pretty look. Sometimes I think it''s good to change off to something small, for a while, to get our eyes to "scale down" which lets your larger stones seem larger.

White or gold?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 12:06:52 AM
Author: cinnamon013

He just said it looked the same in every kind of light. Maybe that means it does? He mailed it today so I''ll see it by Friday maybe.
Yup, that''s what it is. Thanks! That''s a sign of a good quality tourmaline.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 7:47:08 AM

Date: 4/15/2009 12:06:52 AM
Author: cinnamon013

Yup, that''s what it is. Thanks! That''s a sign of a good quality tourmaline.
YIPPEEE!!!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!! I can''t wait for you to get it!!
36.gif
36.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some photos of this little beauty. It is small but packs a mighty punch of sparkle. I am very impressed. It holds it''s green and is a lovely stone.

(This is not the stone for my dolphins project.)

Pictured alongside a friend from Gene - my umbalite garnet I got for my birthday. Together, they are both so pretty.

tn_IMG_0823.JPG

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
It came out a bit lighter in my photos than it looks in real life. It is somewhere between my photo and Barry''s photo. Or maybe it''s like Barry''s photo, just with a whole lot of SPARKLE. It looks like a twinkly little eye.

tn_IMG_0824.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow you have such a lovely lovely collection of stones. This new one is vey bright and sparkly. And I just LOVE your garnet that''s in your avatar.

Thank you for sharing photos with us.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 4:44:07 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

Wow you have such a lovely lovely collection of stones. This new one is vey bright and sparkly. And I just LOVE your garnet that's in your avatar.

Thank you for sharing photos with us.
Believe it or not, it's the stone in the photo above. It is super hard to photograph.

And thanks for the nice words!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so much better in your picture than Barry's. Very bright and brilliant. I would have guessed a garnet and not a tourmaline.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous. I think your photo is much nicer than Barry''s photo.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Chrono and CharmyPoo! It is a really great stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results