shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally found THE diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mlotziii

Rough_Rock
My fiance'' and I have been looking at diamonds for over two months and we''ve found a diamond that we are in love with.

The specs are:
cut by Lazare Kaplan
1.377ct E, VS1, AGS0
7.12-7.15x4.43mm
Table: 54%
Crown: 34.2°
Pavillion: 40.8°
Culet 0.3%
Girdle 2.0%
Negligible Fluorescense

We think we''ve got an awesome price for it too at $14000±

I stumbled upon this site and was hoping to get some feedback from you all before we stopped our search.

Did we do our homework and get it right?

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Numbers look good, but we also need depth%.

I think $14k is high for this stone.

(I looked for some comparable stones using the cut quality search tool here and found the following:

- 1.26 E/VS1 - $8,370

- 1.292 E/VS2 - $9,613

- 1.4 F/VS1 - $12,040)

But the Lazare brand demands a premium, and I agree that $14k isn''t the worst markup I''ve ever heard of. Whether its worth it for the Lazare (you could likely find something of equal quality for cheaper from one of the highly-touted vendors on these forums) is really up to you. If you like, do a search for Lazare, there''s a lot of posts about those diamonds.

Really, though, your first line says it all - if you and your fiance are in
30.gif
with the stone, if it speaks to you that way, that''s really the most important thing. So congrats!!
9.gif

mlotziii

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply!

The depth % is 62.4%

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Numbers are good.
1.gif

mlotziii

Rough_Rock
Thanks,

I input the specifications of the 1.4ct you gave me the link to and it was drastically different on the cut advisor (1.3 for the lazare vs a 0.9 for the other)

Also the Lazare was in the center of the AGS ideal range and the 1.4ct was not inside the GIA or ideal range.

I''ll get a picture posted of the 1.37 once the diamond is set in the memoire band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results