shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally found my diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
As some of you already know, I knew absolutely nothing about diamonds just a week ago. But with a lot of help from some of you, I finally found a great diamond at a great price. Originally, I wanted a princess cut, but knew next to nothing about the 4 C's and have never heard of a table or girdle.

After some great advice and a lot of searching, I found this stone (surprisingly) in a local store at a really good price and even more surpringly, its a round brilliant. I just couldn't believe how much more a RB sparkled. I couldn't take my eyes off of this ring. It was mesmerizing.

The jeweler and his wife took this pictures for me and I just got them, so I thought I'd share them with all of you. Please keep in mind, it sparkles so much more in person.
30.gif

4e21f96e.jpg

5026b944.jpg

Thank you everyone!!!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
And it''s going to be set in this, which they''re not even going to charge me for.

DM15400600_zoom.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I can''t see pics of the diamond. I love that setting though. Sweet deal.

shay

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, that''s so exciting XChick!! The setting it beautiful ! I don''t know why, but I can''t see your diamond pics.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I can't see the pictures!
7.gif
Congratulations on the RB though! I looove RBs. Do you have the specs?

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, me either. Let me try again.

acff2762.jpg

1dd3cb20.jpg

Forgot to add the specs, from what I can remember its an AGS0 .84 ct. which is smaller than I would''ve liked, but its so pretty. And I think it was H/SI1, completely eye clean. He even pointed out the inclusions and let me use the loupe and I could hardly see them.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It's beeeautiful! Do you have the cert? We want more specs! We want more specs!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, it is beautiful. Congrats.

shay

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Just e-mailed me a copy it, actually. :)

Its certified by AGSL and it says:

6.05x6.09x3.75 mm
Light performance 0
Proportion 0
Finish 0
Color - H
Clarity - SI1

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I just got another cert. e-mailed. Its from GCAL that says " Optical Brilliance Analysis (White Light Return)- Excellent" and "Optical Symmetry Analysis - Excellent"

Then it has the measurements, color, clarity, polish - ideal, symmetry - ideal.

E B

Ideal_Rock
It sounds awesome. Glad you went with an ideal cut. It really makes a difference, doesn''t it?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s beautiful!

So they are going to reset it for you in the white gold setting?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, very nice!!!

Can''t wait to see the finished pics!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous congrats!!!!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks EBree, I can''t thank you enough for all the great advice you''ve given me. If not for you and others, I probably wouldn''t haven''t gotten a blinding diamond like this! And the ideal cut makes a HUGE difference. He even showed me an AGS "good" cut that didn''t sparkle half as much!

Patty, they agreed to re-set the stone in that band for me for free! And they''re giving me free lifetime cleaning and inspection, sizing, and a lifetime guarantee. I can''t believe I found such a great jeweler close by.

Still not sure when my BF is planning on getting the ring and proposing, but I have a feeling its going to be very soon! He was so happy when I told him I found the perfect diamond. I think he may order the setting this weekend and propose on V-Day. A little cliched, but I don''t care because that''s only 2 weeks from now. And I will take lots of pictures!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds like a sweet deal. Can''t wait to see it in the new setting. I love it BTW. Good for you!!! It''s a beautiful stone!!
36.gif

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
I''m rootin'' for ya Chick!
36.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still rooting for you, too! Maybe we''ll both be engaged in a couple weeks.
36.gif

Thanks kaleigh! I am so happy I finally found one I love. I couldn''t have done it without this great place and all of you!
9.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!
36.gif
It''s going to be so beautiful, I love the low contour setting, and all that sparkle!! Yum...
18.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
XChick!

Wow, congratulations!
36.gif

You surprised me by going with a RB! Isn't it amazing what happens when you least expect it!

I knew you would eventually find the perfect diamond that would sing to you!!!
18.gif

I can hear how happy you are
9.gif
, and I can't wait to see pic's of your new diamond in that pretty setting!

Woo-hoo! And be sure to let us know when he "officially" pops the question!
36.gif

Much happiness to you!

35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the stone in its new home. Now the waiting begins...

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Ms Joy, I surprised myself a lot! I''d never even considered a RB until I saw this one. It was love at first sight.
30.gif

Tacori, you aren''t kidding about the waiting. Its already driving me nuts. I want it now! I think he ordered the setting tonight, so maybe he''ll get the diamond this weekend...I hope so anyway!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I might have missed this info in a previous thread, if so, sorry for the duplication but:

how did you get the setting for free? Being that it has diamonds in it, that completely shocks me!??

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You just have to love a fab cut round.....
3.gif
Great choice and congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sophie, the jeweler that XChick bought the diamond from threw in the setting at no charge. I wish I had a jeweler like that, haha.
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 4:04:53 PM
Author: Sophie
I might have missed this info in a previous thread, if so, sorry for the duplication but:

how did you get the setting for free? Being that it has diamonds in it, that completely shocks me!??

i think she means they are setting her stone in it for free. Many times there is a charge to set your stone into a new setting that is not included in the price of the actual setting..or, after re-reading it does sound like they included the setting for free. so,xchick, who's your jeweler
31.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 4:10:31 PM
Author: kaleigh
Sophie, the jeweler that XChick bought the diamond from threw in the setting at no charge. I wish I had a jeweler like that, haha.
3.gif

Man Kaleigh wouldn''t that be nice if Quest threw in a free setting for my current project? HAHAH

Seriously XChick it looks lovely!! Now don''t let the waiting kill you! :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 5:47:08 PM
Author: Princess V

Date: 2/4/2006 4:10:31 PM
Author: kaleigh
3.gif

Man Kaleigh wouldn''t that be nice if Quest threw in a free setting for my current project? HAHAH

Seriously XChick it looks lovely!! Now don''t let the waiting kill you! :)
Haha that''ll be the day...
31.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 4:12:01 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 2/4/2006 4:04:53 PM

Author: Sophie

i think she means they are setting her stone in it for free. Many times there is a charge to set your stone into a new setting that is not included in the price of the actual setting..or, after re-reading it does sound like they included the setting for free. so,xchick, who''s your jeweler
31.gif

Sorry, should''ve been more clear. The setting is definitely not free. In fact, its from Blue Nile and probably over-priced but I absolutely love it. I meant the jeweler would set the diamond in it for free.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for clearing that up. I was like where is this jeweler, hehe.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results