shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally Found It!! (maybe?) PS appreciation post

houstonsotex

Rough_Rock
So, I started my journey 3 months ago when I asked I asked my girlfriends dad for her hand on a quail hunt that I brought him out on. I then began calling friends for referrals, looking on google, and running around town. I visited several wholesalers in the diamond district in Houston and didnt fall in love with any of the 30plus stones i looked at. My budget was 7k-9k for a single solitaire and I knew I needed maximize the efficiency of my budget. I was in the infancy stages of PS lurking when I visited the wholesalers and in the short time of research on PS, I knew, rudimentary, what I wanted. A big, well cut, round fire show. After visiting the wholesalers I let my search rest for a week or so and really dove into PS. This is when I found the HCA, the desired specs within the XXX classifications, and color tolerance levels. I was initially hesitant to take my diamond search online, however, after seeing the onslaught of online vendor referrals such as blue nile, whiteflash, and BGD, I decided to take my search virtual. Armed with the options, preferences, and extensive experience provided by PS users, I finally took the plunge and purchased a diamond online. In my case, buying online WAS NOT buying blind as I had an eye trained by PS users for angles, dimensions, and grades.

So without further ado, I present what I came up with with my experience gained through the PS community

All gushing aside PLEASE let me know if there are any red flags. I think it looks AMAZING and it's sooo sparkly, but still want to ask the experts while I'm in the 30 return window.

oh..and 5 stars for blue nile.

purchase: $8950
Round
1.46ct
VVS2
I
XXX
Faint Fluor
7.25x7.3
56%table
61.7% depth
35.5 crown
40.6 pav
no cutlet

img_1661_1_.jpg

img_1658_1_.jpg

img_1664_1_.jpg

houstonsotex

Rough_Rock
all taken with iphone. I'll try more with the big boy camera monday if needed or wanted? Pretty simple I know..but that's what she specified.

img_1656_2_.jpg

img_1660_1_.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you knocked it out of the park!! Looks amazing to me in your photos. If you have any doubts what so ever, you can always propose within the 30 day return period ;)) . But I really think you made fantastic choices. Excited for you!!!

Please come back after you propose with hand shots!!!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is perfection! It makes me want a solitaire myself. Love it, and I think she will, too. Glad to hear of your great BN experience, too.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! Kudos for the 1.46 - right at 1.50 without the 1.50 markup!

She is gonna love that ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! You did well!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I think you did a fantastic job! :appl: :appl: :appl: It looks like a real sparkler! Well done! :clap:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
You did great! Very sweet of you to put so much thought, effort, and time in finding the right ring to make her happy.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I. Love. This. :love:

You have done a brilliant job! It is classic, elegant & timeless & the stone is a perfect fireball!! :appl:

Another vote for handshots after your proposal!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful looking ring!.. :appl:

Brit

Rough_Rock
Very well done! Classic and timeless!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results