shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally found a WB to wear with my halo

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Those of us with halos enjoy our finger coverage, but finding a WB to wear with a halo setting can be a challenge unless you a) solder; b) switch the halo to your right hand and wear a WB alone on your left; or, c) have something curved-shaped custom-designed. Both a) and c) are not appealing if you want a stand-alone WB.

Over the year I've had my halo, I've considered a), b) and c), and was just about ready to order a custom-designed wedding band (curved), but changed my mind because of the whole stand-alone issue. I just wanted something simple that would "look" like it was a match for my halo.

I'm happy to say I finally found a WB that works with the halo, and can be worn alone. And it's -- gasp -- from Tiffany & Co.!

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...5-p+1-c+288152-r+101323340-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

This band was very reasonably priced (for Tiffany) and the Tiffany sales rep (I ordered by phone) couldn't have been nicer. I worked with the Chicago Tiffany's (on Magnificent Mile). The only beef I had was that the sizes available are half-sizes (I wear a 7.75) so I had to order an 8. But I'm glad I did because Tiffany's sizes are not generous. They had free shipping the week I ordered, which was great.

I've had this ring for about three weeks. I wore it to Europe for our vacation in September (decided to leave the halo at home). It's comfortable and really pretty. The inside is yellow gold and the sides are yellow gold (18kt) and the top is platinum. It's very thin, barely 2 mm., and only about 1 mm. high -- low enough to allow my halo to slide over the ring.

I will probably use my leftover purple sapphires for a diamond/sapphire eternity band with milgrain (from Wink). Next year's project. But for now I really like having a mixed metals band that works with my halo and looks great on its own.

Photos!
(I'd post more, but it's really hard to take photos of your own hand - excuse the dry, dry, skin -- gardening is my hobby).

CIMG1670.JPG

CIMG1671.JPG

CIMG1672.JPG

CIMG1675.JPG

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
The look perfect together. An absolutely beautiful pairing.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look like you bought them together Sara - a perfect complement to your gorgeous halo! And they really do fit together so well - I'm sure many people with halos will be excited to see this thread!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a great match! They look perfect together. Definitely looks like they were made for each other!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! It is almost as if this ring was designed for your halo. The perfect blend of white and yellow to match the white and yellow in your halo. Good Choice!

Wink

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a great match, I've had always wanted that ring myself, but never went through with it but seeing on you, makes me want it again! :naughty: It looks great on you!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Your set looks great! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another great find - looks great!!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect, well done!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, it looks like it was custom made for your ring! Nice job! Enjoy your gorgeous set!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great :appl: I have been drooling over that band for sometime....I really like it :love:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Sara, it's gorgeous!! :love: You know I'm a sucker for mixed metals, and that is perfect. I agree with Wink when he says it looks like it was made for your ring. Congrats!!!! And keep us posted on the sapphire/diamond eternity. That sound like it will be luscious too! :appl:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Just want to let you know if you wear you wb under your ring (pic 1 and 2) it will be scratch in no time.

Was my problem too and never found the solution except wear my ring alone cause I don't want to soldered together.

canyongirl

Rough_Rock
It looks so perfect with your halo. Looks like they were made to go together. :)

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
A perfect pair!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone, for stopping by and for the compliments :bigsmile:

yssie -- thanks, and, yes, I do hope this thread is helpful for other halo owners. The WB-and-halo problem is something many have struggled with.

makemepretty, Jill s, tuckins1, missgotrocks, Effe, and yennyfire -- thanks so much!

D&T -- ha-ha, I left a message for you over in Jewelry Pieces to come see this thread, because I remember the thread you started over there in March about this ring. It would look great with your new ring :devil: going into full enabling mode!

diamondrnglover -- Thanks -- this band has a lot of fans on PS. It also comes in rose gold and platinum, which would also be beautiful. It is a very delicate ring -- the Tiffany SA even mentioned that when she came back to the phone after checking to see if they had my size. She commented, "Wow, it's very tiny" so I wouldn't recommend it as a stand-alone ring unless you want a very minimalist look and/or you're planning on stacking it. It would probably look great with a Metro ring(s).

Wink and Uppy -- Thank you. It turns out a mixed metals band did the trick. I was a little concerned about the differences in color between the 18 kt. white gold and yellow gold of my halo with the platinum and Tiffany YG (which everyone says is a different tone of yellow) and while I can see a bit of difference in the photos between the white gold and the platinum, IRL I don't notice it at all. And the YG colors are identical. I would like to set the extra sapphires with diamonds in a beadset, milgrain edge eternity band at some point. The sapphires are 2mm (I think) so the ring will not be super-dainty and I would probably wear it alone. I will be pitching this to DH as a nice simple anniversary gift idea -- all he has to do is send an e-mail to Wink, ha-ha. No wasted time shopping - just kidding!

stci -- yes, I'm a bit concerned about scratching, but most of the time there is a small gap (Wink hates gaps, I think, so don't tell him) between the two rings. They slide together when I move my hand around. When my fingers are smaller in the winter, I will probably wear my very narrow, white gold, pipe-cut, original wedding band in between the two rings as a spacer. I'm just not a solder-type of gal because my fingers change size so frequently, and I like to have options.

I've been eyeing that ring for over a year but have not seen it on anyone.. it's gorgeous! I also love the rose gold version :love:

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
what a wonderful match! your set is awesome!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your band goes perfect with your halo! Good job getting a great match!

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
They look lovely together, as though they were intended to be together always - what a fantastic find!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks perfect with your halo! I have the rose gold version and it's great for stacking too!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful!!! i love how the stones and gold mix so well together! the band matches the ring beautifully :) great find!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
that is a lovely band and it looks like it was custom made to fit your ering! just gorgeous! congrats on finding a lovely ring!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
A perfect match! The band looks like it was made for your halo. :appl: :appl: :appl:

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
What a great match. It looks great.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Very nicely matched - they look great together! :))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice find! It really looks perfect!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look perfect together!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lucky for you? They really do look perfect together. Score!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic find, it's perfect! Isn't it funny how you can search for months and never find the right fit then one day there it is, the perfect fit. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results