shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally finished my 3 stone ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cheethoe

Rough_Rock
After 4 months of researching/visiting stores/stressing out I''ve finally finished the ring! I know my girlfriend will love it. I actually went to pick it up yesterday but they had forgotten to add a customization I had asked for (having the top taper in where the band meets the diamond) but after talking with the jeweler I realize it was better that they didn''t. The ring is designed to allow a wedding band to fit snuggly next to it, and tapering it would create a gap between the band and the ering. I also thought one of the prongs was crooked but I think it was my jet lag and blurred vision (just got back from a vacation this weekend).

Here are the basics:
Center - VS1 - G - .90ct
sides - VS2 - G - .40ct each
total - 1.7ct

The setting is made of SK2 900 Platinum, it is a platinum created by Steven Kretchmer (of tension ring fame). According to the jeweler it is stronger and much more expensive than standard platinum.

on to the pictures, in the last one you can see how it slants in to allow a flush fit with a wedding band... Enjoy!

dsc04736.sized.jpg

dsc04738.sized.jpg

dsc04739.sized.jpg

dsc04743.sized.jpg

dsc04748.sized.jpg

dsc04749.sized.jpg

dsc04750.sized.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s beautiful!!! Three stone rings are so full of bling!!!
30.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
it''s very beautiful
30.gif

I can''t wait to handshot pic!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
9.gif
36.gif

cheethoe

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments, I love feedback! What does everyone think?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
wow, i like like the sharp sleek modern lines of it, a cathedral three stone so the band can fit underneath!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
That is a very attractive ring. You done good.

susi

Shiny_Rock
cheethoe, I''ve looked at a lot of styles of rings but cannot recall seeing one made as this and I like it!! It''s different enough to be interesting ( it gently asks for you to examine it ) yet has such nice lines. And flush fit for a band beside it is great.

Well thought out and lovely, is my opinion. Congratulations!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It''s beautiful!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL RING YOU GOT THERE! GREAT JOB!
36.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
It is simply beautiful!!! Please come back with handshots when it''s on your girlfriend''s finger too!

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
That is gorgeous! I''m sure she will love it. It has such pretty lines to it.

Good Luck and Congratulations!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Super!
30.gif
Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! I love that a w band can sit flush.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
it''s beautiful! great job!!!!
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, baby, YEEEEEAHHHH!
30.gif

Gorgeous 3-stone ring, I love it! You done GOOD!
2.gif

What size is it?

cheethoe

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/23/2006 11:49:16 AM
Author: Lynn B
Oh yeah, baby, YEEEEEAHHHH!
30.gif

Gorgeous 3-stone ring, I love it! You done GOOD!
2.gif

What size is it?

It''s a size 5, I love the ring too! It kinda feels wierd being a guy and actually liking jewelry now, I find myself stopping by ring displays all the time.

ladykemma: I like the way you describe it, what do you mean by "cathedral three stone"? Sounds cool haha

jfo & flower12: Still gotta work on getting that handshot. I still haven''t decided how to pop the question. Last night my girlfriend was telling me how much she''d love it if I proposed to her tonight at the thanksgiving dinner with all her relatives there. But too bad because the ring still hasn''t been made (or so she thinks!). She totally has no idea especially because I called her on monday asking her a design question for the ring (muahahahaha!).

Anyhow back to the whole thanksgiving dinner thing... I''m seriously thinking about it but dont know if I should. I think I might get too scared with her aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents there, and it might come off like I was totally unprepared... eek! I need to come up with what to say before giving her the ring too.
32.gif

cheethoe

Rough_Rock
HAND SHOT!!!!

dsc04780.sized.jpg

And yes! I''m now engaged to my beautiful fiance!
1.gif

I did it at her family''s thanksgiving dinner, I was super scared but it turned out ok. I''m glad I did it that way, she''s very family oriented so it meant a lot to her for me to do it with her whole family there. I think it was better than any proposal idea I could have scratched together. Hope you enjoyed the hand shot
35.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. How did you propose? Big speech...on bended knee....how wonderful to have her family there. Congrats. It sure looks wonderful on her pretty hand!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It looks beautiful on her hand! We want to hear proposal details, please!

cheethoe

Rough_Rock
I hid the ring box in a camera bag so she wouldn''t see anything in my pockets and we went to the dinner. My plan was to make a speech right before the dinner was started while everone was around the dinner table, but when that time came I got soo scared I couldn''t budge. Perhaps I was a bit overwhelmed with all the family members there. I was really dissappointed in myself for not doing anything so I told myself I would do it right before dessert when everyone would once again congregate and it wouldn''t be an awkwardly out of nowhere speech. So we all ate and we brought out the dessert and champange and everyone was ready to toast so I thought that would be a perfect time. So I told everyone I had something I wanted to say, and I made a speech about how I''ve known my then girlfriend for 5 and a half years and how happy she made me, and how much I missed her when I went on vacation with my family, etc etc. And then midway I forgot all the things I had planned on saying and kinda blanked out so I got my ring box, walked over to my girlfriend and got down on one knee (with her whole family cheering me on!) and asked her "will you marry me, Diane?"

And she said yes! We hugged and kissed and she was crying. It was great :) Afterwards all her family members each individually hugged me and welcomed me into the family. One of my fiance''s cousins caught it on video with her digital camera, so we''ll always be able to look back on it :)

Lamia

Rough_Rock
Congratulations cheethoe!

It is the most beautiful ring design that I have EVER seen. I was checking your thread since days now, and just registered for PS to leave this one comment.

Any more info about the design itself? Was it completely made from a drawing? Inspired by some antique model?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and wonderful proposal story! Congratulations to you both!

And that is definitely better platinum than most out there today...you did a great job!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, that is SO sweet! Congratulations!! I loved hearing the details about the proposal. Your fiancee is a very lucky woman!
36.gif
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That ring is SO pretty and I think you did a great job on the proposal!!! Congratulations!

cheethoe

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/25/2006 8:02:59 AM
Author: Lamia
Congratulations cheethoe!

It is the most beautiful ring design that I have EVER seen. I was checking your thread since days now, and just registered for PS to leave this one comment.

Any more info about the design itself? Was it completely made from a drawing? Inspired by some antique model?

Why thank you! Unfortunately I can''t take the credit for the design, I can only take credit for selecting the design. I had a design I wanted when I started out and selected stones based on it. I went to many jewelers in Los Angeles to discuss my design ideas and weeded out many jewelers as well as evolved my design idea.
I went to Sarah Leanard jewelers in westwood and they introduced to me the concept that girls want to be able to have their wedding band fit flush against their engagement rings. They showed me the Precision Set flush fit 3 stone designs. But I really wasn''t feeling their designs, I thought the diamonds were set too high and didn''t like having that full band underneath the setting either.

Finally I went to Servis and Taylor at the Westside Pavillion in West LA and found the design you see here. At first I found the setting to be awkward, but mostly because I had never seen anything like it, but the more I looked at it the more I liked it. I actually went back a few times to check it out and Michael Taylor talked with me quite a bit about the design. It fit all my design ideas (3 stone, proportional sides, sides set close to the level of the center, stones set to follow the curve of the band, stones not set too high, flush fit for a wedding band).

Before I settled on Servis and Taylor I went to a few other jewelers to see if they could do a style like that... I went to XIV Carats LTD (14 Carats LTD) in Beverly Hills and the head guy there didn''t like the idea and they didn''t do hand made rings. So back to Servis and Taylor I went. It cost me $2250 for the hand made SK2 plat setting before tax and it only took a little more than 2 weeks to make.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the ring and the proposal.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results