shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally..fabrication has started :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

I finally managed to get 2 things to the local fabricator here, and #3 is going to happen after that. There is a certain ring my folks promised me for some time now, and it is about to be cast soon.

Mom has something she wanted done with her yellow sapphire, so I did some very detailed renderings of each. I am awaiting my certificate from the copyright office as it has been submitted for good reason. Before Mom gets her sapphire mounted with my custom design, she liked the drawing so much, she wanted to modify it for some smaller emeralds she has in another ring.

I don''t have a scanner to scan the drawings of mine, but fear not. Sometime this week, I am going to get the 3D renderings since its going to be done on CAD/CAM and a silicone/wax model.
10.gif

Pics are coming! The whole thing is a raised relief filagree pattern with mill grain that I drew myself. There will be a raised releif on the profile as well as the shoulders. They are going to cast it as a solid piece, and transplant the head from the emeralds. The yellow sapphire one will have 2 G/VS-SI accent stones and a slightly different head. When Mom asked about those diamonds, the woman came out with a parcel of really awesome rounds. The parcel is G/VS-SI. Mom wants no worse than G/VS, but the SI''s are SI-1''s. They are cut really well too.

Mine is going to take more time as it has a lot more detail to it. There is some more extensive filagree to it, and the exact dimensions for certain things have to be determined. So they are going to have to do a mockup just to get the gold weight. There will be something like 5 large pieces to it. I am really excited about this thing as I have wanted it for so long. The center stone will be my orange rock that looked darker in the store than in others, but the window vanished.
6.gif
The woman there took one look at it, and her jaw dropped.

What I originally wanted for diamonds for accent stones were going to be a fortune, so I said the hell with that. I found a great deal from a lapidary on some calibrated AAA 5mm triliant cut, white sapphires. They look really good. They are a lot cheaper, and they look great. I have many a jeweler wanting to see the finished product. I have been waiting for well over a year on this thing.

I am really excited about it, and when I get the renderings in, I will post pics. One of them should be in any day now. Mom''s might be done by weeks end. Mine is going to be a good 2 weeks or so because of the detail. Best of all, the guy''s price model is close to what he charges the retail jewelers for their merchandise.
2.gif

-joe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results