shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally excited about sharing my engagement ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

josmar0623

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

My boyfriend proposed to me last October but, just never had the urge to post pics. I had been stalking Pricescope throughout the whole ring selection process and thought posting pics on Pricescope would be one of the first things I did after notifying all my friends and family that we were engaged. My boyfriend even asked me if I'd be posting my ring because he knew how obsessed with Pricescope I was. I actually did post pictures but, only because of concerns I had with the setting.

I figured I was a private person and didn't feel the need to post my ring. As the days went on, little things about my trellis setting bothered me. We chose to go with this setting (simple, no side diamonds, etc.)as to not take away from the main stone but, with the thickness of the band and with how high the diamond was sitting, the setting did end up taking away from the diamond. It also started to bother me that the setting was making my round brilliant look more squarish. Everytime I looked at my ring all I could think was I love the stone but, I didnt entirely love the whole ring. My friends who aren't really into jewelry couldn't really understand. Here's my setting:

See pictures in replies below.

**Links edited by Moderator. No outside photo hosting per PS rules**

Sooo of course I started thinking about changing my setting. I found out about a sale at a local jeweler. They were having a crazy sale on everything they had in stock (50% off Ritani and Tacori, 20% off Simon G, etc.) I tried on settings just for fun and fell in love with a Coast setting. It really took my breath away. I never had a reaction like that to a setting. I didn't think I would end up liking this setting because it had pave diamonds on the side and even had two surprise diamonds on the front and back of the ring in between the prongs and we had originally been looking for setting without any diamonds or any detailing. The pave and surprise diamonds and the thinness of the band made the setting just look so delicate looking that it didn't take away from the main stone.

See pictures in replies below.

**Links edited by Moderator. No outside photo hosting per PS rules**

My fiancee initially didn't want to change the setting because he was really into having a plain but, once he saw how much I wanted the setting he gave me the OK to change it out. And here is my new ring!!! I am soooo in love with it. I hate taking it off. I keep looking at it (even in Church today when my whole attention should have been on Church). With my first setting, I was just happy to be engaged and couldn't wait to be wearing a ring. But now I'm happy to be engaged and I'm so in love with both my fiancee and my ring. I couldn't wait to share it here even with crappy pictures. I'm just so happy with my decision in changing out the setting. The sale didn't hurt either. I ended up getting this setting for such a great deal (and it's platinum..my old ring was white gold.) Without further ado..my engagement ring!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
congrats. it''s gorgeous!!!!

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely -- congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, congratulations!!!

Wear it in good health.

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
I love the new setting! It looks so elegant and sparkles like mad! Congrats!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!! The reset is gorgeous!!! I see why you fell in love with it!! Congrats on a beautiful ring you''re happy and excited with!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!!!
36.gif

josmar0623

Rough_Rock
On my original post I had outside links. I''m going to try to upload the pics here. This was my old Trellis setting that I was thought was too thick, too high and was making my round looking squarish.

oldsetting.jpg

josmar0623

Rough_Rock
Old setting profile.

oldsetting2.jpg

josmar0623

Rough_Rock
Clearer photo because I can''t take clear pictures of my ring.

Coast_02.23.09-B.jpg

josmar0623

Rough_Rock
My new engagement ring!!

finally ring.jpg

josmar0623

Rough_Rock
Profile. You can sort of see the surprise diamond.

finally ring 2.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a transformation! Congrats!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a difference - the new setting is simply beautiful. Glad that you ended up with a ring you love. Congrats.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love the new setting so much better. It looks great!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a huge, dramatic difference - and a good one at that! I really like your new mounting and the way it shows off your diamond!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Both are lovely. I''m glad you got a great deal on your second ring.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! What a difference!! Beautiful!
36.gif

mrs k

Rough_Rock
Wow that is stunning! Well done on the upgrade I love it!! What size is your solitaire? It looks beautiful!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous - I just love the new setting! Congrats!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
josmar - your re-set is terrific - and congratulations on being engaged!

i think your engagement ring now looks so elegant and feminine - are you going with the matching wedding band?

very pretty and i''d love you to add some stats and a whole heap more photos!

nice choice :)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing transformation! It''s gorgeous on your hand!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, very pretty!
36.gif

josmar0623

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I''m so happy with it. I''m glad I went with my gut feeling and decided to change the setting. Even at the last minute, I was scared I was making the wrong decision but, I know I definitely made the right decision because I''m so much more attached to this ring than when it was set in the previous mounting.

Mrs. K, the exact carat weight is 1.013. It''s a Forever 10 cut which basically means you''ll see the 10 hearts and arrows and has 71 facets versus the usual round brilliant cut of 57 facets.

josmar0623

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 10:21:44 AM
Author: whitby_2773
josmar - your re-set is terrific - and congratulations on being engaged!

i think your engagement ring now looks so elegant and feminine - are you going with the matching wedding band?

very pretty and i'd love you to add some stats and a whole heap more photos!

nice choice :)

Thanks Whitby! I think that was another issue I had with my thick trellis setting. It just felt so clunky so when I chose my new setting I wanted something more delicate and feminine looking.

I'll add more photos once I can take pictures in the daylight. I was just so excited to post so I posted with any pictures that were kind of clear.

I don't have the AGS certificate with me but, I'll be sure to post stats when I get home.

I'm thinking I'm going to go with a plain thin platinum or white gold band. I like the look of mixing blingy with plain. I would like to eventually get a matching band to stack with a plain band and my engagement ring.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that setting really does your stone justice!
36.gif

Congrats!
35.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely ring! Congratulations to you both
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results