shape
carat
color
clarity

~FINALLY~ E-Ring Reset! This time RIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
So I'm so excited to share with you guys! Many of you know my story (debacle) with the previous jeweler my wonderful fiance hired to custom design my celtic engagement ring. Long story short, we were shorted on the sidestones (finace got his own center stone), one was chipped, the ring was nothing like the drawing he OK'd and he wasn't happy with the end result, or the second time around of them trying to fix it. Basically it looked like a birds nest and we weren't happy with the customer service at Raru (Designet) either.

So fast forward - we find this awesome jeweler in Red Bank, NJ. Joel McFadden Designs. They custom do our wedding bands right down to the very minute details that my fiance drew for them! They came out SOOOOOOOO incredible that we decided they were going to re do the E-ring as well so its done right, my fiance would finally be happy with it, and it matches the set perfect. Plus we ordered new trillion side stones straight from Trillion in NY.

So the center is the same one as before. Just over a carat E VS1 and now the sidestones are 4mm ~.25 carat each D (yes D!!!) SI1, but completely eye clean!

WELL, we picked it up Sat and it BLEW MY MIND! Even better than my wildest dreams and I HAD to share with everyone here! You guys were so helpful and supportive with the ring that went wrong that I really really wanted to show you when it went right!

So w/o futher ado.... here is the CAD:

CADJEB0123.jpg

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
handshot...... forgive my nails, haven''t had time to get acrylics and I bite them.
23.gif

HandShotNewJEB.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
what a cool design!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Last one for now. This is the most dramatic. The old ring and the new one side by side. My fiance says this new one is FINALLY how he really wanted it! That makes me giddy to finally hear. What a relief!

BirdsnestCompareJEB.JPG

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
WOW! I wasn''t here for the beginning debacle, and I always thought your ring was so unique and beautiful. But this just blows the old one out of the water! It looks incredible dear! Elegant and just uniquely amazing! Congrats to your fiance for persevering until he was satisfied!

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my freaking GOODNESS I adore it. Wow wow wow wow. LOVING the wedding ring going inside the e-ring. Congratulations!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
woweeee wow wow. It''s absolutely positively beautiful. Congrats!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Your set is so beautiful!! What a huge difference from the last attempt!!
36.gif
30.gif

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
Woah.. Nice..

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Wow. You can really see the difference in the workmanship. The old one was pretty, but with the new one side by side- well, there''s no comparison. The nice/attractive elements in the original are obviously because the design was a neat one regardless, but with a polished execution, it''s truly amazing. I love the way the wedding band slides in. (My mom''s e-ring is also a yellow gold celtic knotwork piece, she''d totally drool over yours!)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I ADORE your ering and wedding band. I have never seen anything like that!!! Completely blows my mind!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing setting. I''m glad everything worked out.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
LOVE it!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW - I thought the first one was lovely, but there is just no comparison! The detail is so much more polished, the trillions look fantastic, and I LOVE how the shank looks on the sides - much more fluid. I''m so happy your ring is everything you wanted it to be!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Your reset it absolutely beautiful!! The older version is equally lovely, but the newer one is more polished and precise! You have such a unique and amazing design! Congrats!!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Kelli - thanks! We like its uniqueness!

SanDiegoLady - isn''t it a huge difference. I love that its so fluid now, thank you!

ilovesparkles - ONLY a year and a half later, he''s happy and I''m just so impressed! and relieved! Thanks so much!

suchende, Matata, chiquitapet, mitsui4 Thank you so much - you''re all super kind!

LittleGreyKitten - Thank you! Doesn''t the obvious skill and attention to detail make suck a HUGE difference? It night and day.

swedish bean, Sarahbear621, oddoneout, princessplease - Aww! Thank you so much!

geckodani - Thanks for the compliments on the first one. I did love the idea just not the craftmanship! The new one blows my mind too!

Luckyeshe - Thank you so much! I''m so excited about this!

Thank you so much everyone! I just had to share withe PS Crew! :)
36.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 10:53:17 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 10/5/2009 10:26:36 PM

Author: rhbgirl24

Last one for now. This is the most dramatic. The old ring and the new one side by side. My fiance says this new one is FINALLY how he really wanted it! That makes me giddy to finally hear. What a relief!

What a dramatic difference. It looks much more polished and very elegant. Its such a beautiful ring.. !!!

Agreed! That is an amazing design and it''s so beautiful on your finger.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool sleek and beautiful design, Your new ring looks like it flows better now.
36.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow and just a couple weeks before your wedding! Close call! It''s gorgeous!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
The new one definitely looks like it is made better.. And those trillions are so white!
30.gif
30.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that''s taking custom to a whole new level! It came out great. I love the substantial v-tip prongs and the celtic knots on the ends are a beautiful touch. It''s really beautiful and the inserted wedding band just puts the cherry on the sundae.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice, looks lots better now! I love how the wedding band fits inside of the e-ring! Happy it all turned out great!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
SUCH a dramatic change! It''s GORGEOUS! And I LOVE how your wedding band slips into the E-ring...such a unique design!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results