shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally did it! “Ring-on-Finger” pictures (and my Jared experience)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
My original thread and pictures of the“Ring-in-the-Box” is here.

It has been a very interesting and fun experience to research all about diamonds, find that perfect setting (learned the best way is for her to pick out the setting), experience the dismay of notorious B&M jewelers, and to finally propose to my NOW fiancée.
It did surprise me however, with all the nervousness and anticipation that I felt, how little of a change I felt after the proposal. It really hasn’t sunk in yet that I AM in fact engaged, and that I am going to spend the rest of my life with my NOW fiancée. It is even strange to call her that, and it has already been 4 days since I proposed. I wonder how long it takes for it all to sink in?

Setting;
14k wg, 3 stone knife edge pave setting,
with 2 pear shape diamonds and 32 round cut diamonds
Total weight .63cts

Princess center diamond;
Weight: 0.91
Color: H
Clarity: VVS2
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Florescence: None
Table: 69%
Depth: 73.6%
GIA certified
Great Aset scope images

FingerRing6.JPG

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock

Very long story, you don’t have to read it……….

My experience at Jared (Yes the Infamous Jeweler that most members here on PS despise).

It has been an interesting and fun experience when I shopped there. I did however spend months doing research on diamonds/settings, cost, and how B&M stores really work. I had also previously purchased the center (princess cut) diamond from a retailer here on PS (Diamond Scaasi), as I didn’t have a large enough budget to overpay for the most expensive part of a ring.

As previously stated on my other thread, my Now Fiancée had the urge to take a look (experience) what it would be like to try on a couple of rings at a jeweler. She of course was looking at a very large Jared store as she said that. I then thought she might get a thrill out of it, so we stopped in.

As many of you know, the layout at Jared (not the mall version) is quite immaculate. The store is very large, bright and vibrant with dazzling jewelry sparkling all which way, not to mention the “high-class” feel you get as soon as you open the door. A place like that can be quite intimidating if you have not familiarized yourself with all the aspects on jewelry and B&M stores (another words, have not visited Pricescope).

As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted and helped right away by a gentleman, who he said to be, the most knowledgeable person there. He then proceeded to start showing my Fiancée some of the more popular settings and worked with her very patiently. He did seem to be a bit sarcastic to me when I attempted to inform him that I actually knew something about diamonds, but I let it go because he was treating my Fiancée very well. After about 15min or so, I noticed my Fiancée was starting to get very nervous and overwhelmed at the fact that this is actually happening to her, and she will actually be getting engaged.

THEN IT HAPPENED! She found the perfect setting that she just could not keep her eyes off of. I knew that setting would be the setting that I would have to work with no matter what diamond I had to get for it. I then asked him if they were able to set a princess cut diamond in the setting, which was specifically designed for a round cut. He then stated, “we might be able to, but why don’t you take a look at the setting with an improved princess cut diamond on it first. It is a princess cut diamond with the corners cut off”. I was thinking to myself, “I didn’t know that Jared carried X-factor diamonds?” Then, when he pulled the diamond out and dropped it on the setting, I blurted out, “It’s a Radiant cut!” He stated that it is the same thing as a princess cut, but better, because looks bigger when placed on a setting. I didn’t even bother starting with him, as I was in a good mood and just phased out his sales antics, not to mention I was not even able to afford his $5300 1.1ct average cut Radiant diamond anyhow.

I then came back to the same store the next day with my princess cut diamond. As I walked in, I noticed something very peculiar, I was not helped nor greeted by anyone when I walked into the store alone. I figured that that they assumed, since I did not have a lady with me, that I would not buy anything anyhow. So I did what any immature guy would do, I decided to have a little fun and started playing around with their scopes and lights that were around their counter. I was then of course greeted right away “May I help you!”

emwink.gif
I then told her that I wanted to buy the setting that I had looked at the previous day and gave her the stock number.

As I was waiting for her to find the setting I observed some of the other couples that were looking at rings. Of course the women seemed very ecstatic, but the guys seemed to have a total blank on their faces when the employees were trying to tell them about the infamous “4 Cs” and reinsuring them that they were getting a great diamond and a great deal by coming to Jared. Of course the guys just seemed to take their word for it and out came the Credit Card. All I was thinking to myself was, “they totally deserve to overpay, as all they needed to do was to spend a little bit of time doing some research online, like I did.”

Well anyhow, she found the setting and asked if there was anything else she can do for me before she rings it up, “sure, why not!” I just HAD to compare my diamond with their prized Peerless diamonds, as I couldn’t resist. She then took out one of the Peerless princes cut diamonds and set it up next to mine under their diffuse lighting box. The fire and sparkle scintillation seemed to be almost equivalent. I of course got exited and stated that my diamond looks just as good. Without even looking at them she said, “no, our peerless diamonds are rated AGS0, it’s a much better diamond.” I didn’t even attempt to argue with her, as I just assumed her knowledge of diamonds are just based off of only what she has been told while working at Jared, where no other diamond in the world can compare to a Peerless diamond. No big deal.

As she rang it up, somehow the (3rd party) appraisal that they told me about and the additional engraving that I asked for came up as free of charge. I figured that was fair, seeing as I probably paid a bit more then I should have anyhow for the setting.

When I came back a few weeks later to pick it up, everyone at the counter were amazed at how great the princess cut looked on the setting and how much the ring sparkled. I was VERY HAPPY…The End.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I''m not usually a fan of Princess cuts but that''s a beautiful ring. You did good!!

Grat on your engagement
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring looks perfect on her finger!! Just lovely!!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous ring!! Congrats!
36.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Ooo - I like the pear sidestone - their a nice touch! Congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! I love the setting you FI picked out. Lots of bling!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I stalk princess threads like crazy, so I''ve seen the pictures of your stone numerous times. They never get old! Nice to see it on her finger.

You going to share the story behind your proposal?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovely on her hand!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
that ring is absolutley gorgeous!
30.gif

I''m not the hugest princess fan but if my SO gave me that ring with that diamond I think I could be won over...
16.gif

GOOD JOB! and a definite congrats to you both!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 6:26:51 PM
Author:JasonFaber
It did surprise me however, with all the nervousness and anticipation that I felt, how little of a change I felt after the proposal. It really hasn''t sunk in yet that I AM in fact engaged, and that I am going to spend the rest of my life with my NOW fiance. It is even strange to call her that, and it has already been 4 days since I proposed. I wonder how long it takes for it all to sink in?
It''s a gradual shift, if my experience is any indication
1.gif

Congratulations!

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
one word... YUMMY!
30.gif
30.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on your engagement! LOVE the pave band...really pretty. :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did AWESOME and the ring looks lovely on her hand! Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks beautiful on her hand.
Congratulations to you both!

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
What a gorgeous ring! You did a fantastic job
2.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Congrats, Jason!!
That ring is even more beautiful on her finger!
I can only imagine your convo while taking those pics
You: "Hold still, honey! I need to get a good hand shot to show the ladies at pricescope!"
lol. congrats again!
36.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
congratulations jason - that''s a gorgeous ring. :)

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Jason,

The ring looks gorgeous on your fiancee''s finger! The princess you picked out is stunning in that setting! You are soooo sweet to get her the setting she loved! It has really nice finger coverage. Sounds like you had a bit of fun at Jared (with the sales clerks), good for you!

Congratulations on your engagement----you are now a Fiancee! Woo Hoo!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely ring!
30.gif
It''s beautiful, great job!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to congratulate you on your engagement and also on being a savvy consumer and doing your research. With a little internet time it seems that you educated yourself about diamonds and were able to maximize your budget all while getting your fiancee the ring of her dreams. It''s gorgeous and I think the princess cut is just right in that setting.

Thanks for sharing your experience at Jared as well. I''m glad that you got what you needed from them and are happy with the result.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous. Sounds like things worked out perfectly. You picked out a gorgeous diamond and she found the setting of her dreams. Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
congrats Jason...it looks beautiful on her hand

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring! I love seeing pears paired with square cuts!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, it looks perfect on her hand.
5.gif
And I''ll say it again, you really did a good job with everything. Congrats!

p.s. I busted out laughing at, "it''s a Radiant".
9.gif
2.gif

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
You did well with the Princess and your FI picked a winner of a setting! Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results