carat
color
clarity

FINALLY decided to make a tennis bracelet with 44pts - help requested

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I've finally decided to purchase extra stones to complement my existing ten 44pts, E colour, VS clarity. I'd like to solicit help from fellow PS'ers to look for matching stones - I'd like the same/ similar specs. I am intending to purchase them over time - so as not to feel too much of the pain associated with spending $$$$$ all at once. Estimated number of extra stones = 18-20 stones. My wrists are very small, thus a bracelet of 6 inches or even 5 3/4 inches would suffice.

I'm mainly looking at JA site. Can anyone please help me look for matching ones, perhaps from other vendors? I attach the GIA certs of a few my 44pts for reference.

Also, any recommendations as to style of the bracelet? Should it be 3-pronged or 4-pronged? and whether it should be Pt or WG (if the latter, which alloy), along with the appropriate vendors? I'd like the diamonds to lay as flat as possible and the bracelet to be flexible. My tennis/ line necklace is very stiff - I don't particularly like that.

44 pts_1.jpg 44pts_2.jpg 44pts_3.jpg 44pts_4.jpg 44pts_5.jpg 44pts_6.jpg

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
You are welcome, Phoenix !

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Fantastic!! Thank you so much, @ac117.:appl:

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
There are a lot of great options available. Here are a few more suggestions (I included some D and F color stones since it's within 1 color grade):
I didn't dare because I saw all previous diamonds were 'E'. :)
They are all 44 (4+4=8 ) and 45 (4+5=9) pointers.
Are you superstitious, Phoenix? ;-)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't dare because I saw all previous diamonds were 'E'. :)
They are all 44 (4+4=8 ) and 45 (4+5=9) pointers.
Are you superstitious, Phoenix? ;-)

Haha, I can be. I usually try to avoid number 4, but in this case 4+4=8 which is an auspicious number.=)
9 of the 10 stones I have are 44pts, only one is 45. Number 9 is fine too though.

I would prefer all E colour, but would consider D.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you need them to be certed? I would go with uncerted from IDJ

Since all the existing 10 stones are certed, I would prefer to continue only with certed stones. Thanks though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't go by weight, Phoenix, go by diameter. Looks like those vary from 4.82 up to 4.99? I'd try to aim for 4.9-4.95mm, probably.

Personally, I'd go with platinum and 4 prongs!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't go by weight, Phoenix, go by diameter. Looks like those vary from 4.82 up to 4.99? I'd try to aim for 4.9-4.95mm, probably.

Personally, I'd go with platinum and 4 prongs!

Thank you, @diamondseeker2006. I asked for 44pts bc it'd be cool to have a tennis bracelet made up of all 44pts, haha. But I do look at the diameter - aiming for 5.9m and slightly above. So you're absolutely right!:))

I'm leaning towards Pt and 4-prongs too. Anyone you'd recommend?

Thank you much.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Matilda. I think WF's virtual stock would be fine but their ACA's would look different, I'd think, since my stones are ideal cut and not super-ideal cut.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Matilda. I think WF's virtual stock would be fine but their ACA's would look different, I'd think, since my stones are ideal cut and not super-ideal cut.
I wonder if it would be more cost-effective to have several stones cut for you en masse by one of the boutique H&A vendors? I do think that in general buying loose stones from public inventory one by one is the most cost-ineffective way to go about it - you miss out on potential "big purchase" savings and you pay shipping each time ;(

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did wonder about that. I reached out to IDJ before Christmas and I stressed that I wanted GIA-certed stones only. It's been 10 days since my first email to them and 7-8 days since I spoke on the 'phone with them, but I haven't heard back at all since the telephone conversation. I realise it must be bc of the holiday season, so I am trying to be patient. I sent a follow up email yesterday. Perhaps I should call in a few days' time.

I tried to look at WF website at their virtual stock, but didn't really see anything there. The thought of going custom is a bit daunting for me.

Also, I just dropped a not-so-small amount on the VCA Alhambra pave bracelet and am already plotting to purchase something else from there. So, would rather spread my spendings over time TBH.

Thinking of asking another PS'er, who's based in the US, to accept those stones for me. Is it not true that several diamond US vendors offer free shipping within the US?

Last edited:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Regarding the setting, I believe at least one of @cflutist ‘s tennis bracelets has four prongs, with two of the prongs set closely together. So the stones have the security and durability offered by a 4-prong, with the look of a three-prong. I’m sure she will post a pic or two when she has time!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AC143FAC-4C89-4681-BB44-E68F9FA96455.png
I found one, hope she doesn’t mind me posting it!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regarding the setting, I believe at least one of @cflutist ‘s tennis bracelets has four prongs, with two of the prongs set closely together. So the stones have the security and durability offered by a 4-prong, with the look of a three-prong. I’m sure she will post a pic or two when she has time!

Thank you. I LOVE her tennis bracelets. Not sure if this vendor would set outside stones. I guess I can only enquire.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Wink Jones makes her jewelry. I have worked with him and I have found him to be extremely responsive. Why don't you reach out to him and ask him about custom cutting some CBI stones for you and setting them as well?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wink Jones makes her jewelry. I have worked with him and I have found him to be extremely responsive. Why don't you reach out to him and ask him about custom cutting some CBI stones for you and setting them as well?

CBI stones - being super ideal - will not match my existing stones which are ideal. Also, I don't wish to drop $$$ all at once, preferring to spread the purchase.

I will, however, contact him to see if he'd be willing to set outside diamonds.

Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results