shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally bought a strand of...

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
9.0-11.0 mm White Freshwater Bead Nucleated Pearl Necklace. I think after much contemplation, I really do want T's and this is just a little something along the way. I am ecstatic about the price and wondering if this is similar and Edison strand?

There was not a description, which was disappointing and I even tried to call and received the VM. I am going to cross my fingers and wait to see...

5862_1_.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! Can't wait to hear what you think of them when they arrive.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your purchase! They look lovely

Arialle

Rough_Rock
Congrats:)
Please do remember to share with us after receiving the necklace:)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Looks good. Where's it from (if you don't mind answering)?

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I did not venture much off of PP and wanted to take advantage of the sale. Here is the link and ones purchased from PP:
https://www.pearlparadise.com/p-5862-90-110-mm-white-freshwater-bead-nucleated-pearl-necklace.aspx

Also, thank you so much Seaurchin, your graduated pearls were my inspiration along with the size of your lavenders. I kept going back to my original thread comparing. There was so much great advice offered there.

I emailed PP and called yesterday just to get more details on this strand since there was not a description. I am trying to compare them to Edison's since they are nucleated but not sure if I am correct. I am guessing I should not worry but would like confirmation.

I am still thinking of buying the Akoya baroque ones just as a back up.

Now, I think I am going to look at something for DD for her communion next year..

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look nice, and are a great price. I have to admit I considered them too a while back (but was buying my WSS at the time, so went that direction instead). I had thought they were sold, so it's great that they were available.

My read was that they are bead nucleated (like Edison's), but may not be the Edison brand. Post pictures when you get them!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1464535081|4037733 said:
Those look nice, and are a great price. I have to admit I considered them too a while back (but was buying my WSS at the time, so went that direction instead). I had thought they were sold, so it's great that they were available.

My read was that they are bead nucleated (like Edison's), but may not be the Edison brand. Post pictures when you get them!

Cmd2014, just posted on the other thread, but wanted to say thank you again! Having your reassurance that they look nice eases my mind! And, that you looked at them, they must have caught your eye and you have a very good eye!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful strand and a very nice size as well!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look gorgeous! Congratulations!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone, I had reservations about them since there was not a description.

I am still stalking the PP site and may get an Akoya strand to compare and hoping that my eye will not have a preference.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I loved them at first sight! I am hoping that I do not love the other two strands that are coming or I may have a hard time deciding. Thank you again, everyone! I am thankful for the suggestions since these are the perfect pearls for me. I love the the size of them, too as the 9-11 mm really fit my body without looking to small on me. I went to my mother's house and walked in and all she saw was my white sweater and my pearl necklace on and she asked why are you dressed up, where are you going? I had to laugh since all it took was a strand of pearls to transform an outfit.

Attachments

• fw_neck.pdf
    807 KB · Views: 85
  • fw_strand.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 85

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sorry, here it is:

fw_neck.jpg

fw_strand.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's gorgeous! And if I recall correctly, the price was right, too. So that's a double win!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
YES, it was an amazing price and it looks so much more expensive. For once, I am looking forward to going to work Mon just to wear them.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
They look gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing your other strands too.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! They're perfect! (I'm kicking myself a bit for passing on them now I tell ya!)

They're even nicer IRL than in the website picture. I love it when that happens!

So you'll have to see what you like best once everything arrives, but I think that one is a winner on you!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
classic and perfect! They look amazing

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1465165351|4040600 said:
Wow! They're perfect! (I'm kicking myself a bit for passing on them now I tell ya!)

They're even nicer IRL than in the website picture. I love it when that happens!

So you'll have to see what you like best once everything arrives, but I think that one is a winner on you!

You have great taste, so I know they really are that nice! It was hard to capture the true luster of them.

Thank you, everyone!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The other two arrived today!

The big ones are too big for me and were out of the running! I had a hard time comparing the Akoyas to my FW but really do love my original strand and will keep the FW. The Akoyas are beautiful and may more luster but the FW are a nice round size for me.
From left to right:
9-11 mm FWP nucleated from PP
11-14 barque Edison Metallics from PP
7.5-8 mm silver akoyas from POJ
8.5-9 mm akoyas from PP w PP ring

img_11906.jpg

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
One more shot of the akoyas and metallic edisons:

(I really wish the editions were not so big. They have an amazing shine to them!)

img_11907.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results