shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally--a picture to post! My Eternity Diamond Ring!

tobydog

Rough_Rock
After three long weeks of waiting, my ring is finally here! I'm so excited to actually post pictures. Sorry they are no where as good as everyone elses and I had to try to resize them so I have no idea if they will turn out! Ring stats are a size 5, in platinum with a total of .50 carats of small diamonds and the middle stone is 1.0 carat. Middle stone stats are a 1.00 carat, F, VS2, Excellent cut with very good polish and very good symmetry. Scored below 2 on the HCA (can't remember exact score!) and has the H&A Inscription on the diamond. It is not a branded H&A, so I'm not sure what this means. I plan to take it to the appraiser on Thursday. That's all for now! I had them modify the Carlotta settins to that the prongs were more u-shaped because I wanted the diamond to have a lower profile.

ring.jpg

ring2.jpg

cjm

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love it! Beautiful.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its GORGEOUS!!!!! Congrats!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow is that ever nice!!!! :appl:

tobydog

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! I'm so glad I can share some of my excitement with you all! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did a great job! :appl: I love settings with the milgrain edge! Very pretty!

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
It's really beautiful!! Do you have photos of it on your hand?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love it, it's right up my alley! Would love some handshots, if you get a chance! :appl:

BigPhilly808

Rough_Rock
WOOOhooooooooooooo!!!!! :appl: :appl: BEautiful ring!!! Did you get the diamond from ED as well? i saw an appraiser today & found out the center stone on my ed ring was a H&A....didnt even know!! :D :D hehehehe.....good luck at the appraisal! Im sure you'll be very surprised on how much its worth!!!!

tobydog

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone...

I'm getting terrible hand shots, but I will try again tomorrow when I can catch some good sunlight...

Bigphilly, yes I also got the diamond through Eternity Diamonds. I'm so glad to hear your appraisal went well. I'm loving my ring, but getting that word from an expert that confirms that I got a great diamond will make me feel even better! :) Thank you again for sharing in my excitement!!!!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!
Can you post more pictures please?
Thanks.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Congratulations!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hurry with those handshots!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ::) Looking forward to the handshots!! :sun: :appl:

tobydog

Rough_Rock
More pics! Excuse the granny hands--I don't know why my hands look 30 years older than they should! Dry skin...lol!

ring3.jpg

ring4.jpg

ring5.jpg

rockclimber

Rough_Rock
wow tobydog! it looks soooo pretty....glad you got your ring and you love it! Can hardly wait any more to see mine :appl: Congrats!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations. I love the profile.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!! It looks lovely on your hands, and I really like the profile as well.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning. I also love the profile.

tobydog

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the compliments. ;-) Rockclimber, you have an eta?! Can't wait to see your ring as well! Appraiser tomorrow...I'm nervous, don't know why. I'll post an update after!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Yeay :appl: :appl: --you got your ring! It's beautiful, looks like ED followed your request and made it nice and low. Good luck at appraisers tomorrow. I"m getting a little nervous about my ED halo, it should be here late this week or next week. I still have to set it so I won't start a thread for a while. Meanwhile I'm going to enjoy looking at yours.

rockclimber

Rough_Rock
well, it sounds like sandycheeks and I are neck in neck timewise, including the need to have our stone set once we get the setting. I'm frankly getting nervous that I won't like the customization that I did, so we'll see :???:

your rings looks beautiful! enjoy!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love the millegrain :love: !

tobydog

Rough_Rock
Appraisal went fantastic! Everything checked out and I highly recommend Patrick Davis of GemSecure Jewelry Appraisals if anyone is in need of an independent appraisal in the Los Angeles area. His office is easy to get to (right off the 405 in Culver City) and the appraisal is done with you sitting across from him. Without looking at my GIA certificate, he was almost right on with the measurements, color, clarity, etc. Even with my diamond mounted he was able to do all of that! I got to see my inclusions for myself (although I have to admit I probably still couldn't find it without help), visually confirm the laser inscriptions on the girdle, etc. He couldn't confirm the H&A though because he said you need the diamond to be unmounted in order to do that. But he did say it showed an excellent star formation. (which he also showed me, but I wasn't sure what that meant anyways...) All in all I left feeling like I did pretty good with my purchase. :) One of the best parts, in my opinion, is that he won't over-inflate your appraisal value (since that is what you are paying your insurance premium off of) and gives everything a fair valuation. Eternity Diamonds ended up being a great experience for me and I would highly recommend, if you can overcome the issues off not getting the images of the diamond before hand--I figured I'd trust the GIA cert, the HCA being below 2, and at worst scenario take advantage of the 30 return policy if need be. It was a win-win for me, even without seeing all those images of the diamond that the other vendors provide.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results