shape
carat
color
clarity

finally...a blue stone for me! emerald cut oceany zircon :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
After originally wanting a cuprian tourmaline (and possibly still wanting one wayyyy down the road) as a substitute for a Paraiba which I know I would never be able to afford, I looked for blue-green tourmalines but found they were usually too dark for me. Then, my search lead me to zircons, and I found this beauty! Unfortunately all I have currently are some semi-decent iphone/loupe shots, as well as the seller's original photos. Let me know what you think! My eventual goal is to make it into a 3 stone ring with trap sides and claws (occasional wear, I know)...would also love to keep some element of the filigree on the side basket as well so I am open to who I would be able to turn to or where to find a decent priced stock setting for this stone.

First, seller pics:

sellerbrooch.png

sellershot.png

sellerpavilion.png

sellerprofile.png

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Re: finally...a blue stone for me! emerald cut oceany zircon

Testing out the hand coverage ;))

And sadly the little chip on the girdle...I can see it from the side at 6" but I don't think this will be an issue (in terms of aesthetics) once set...yes?

_4573.jpg

_4574.jpg

tablefacets.jpg

myprofile.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous idea! Traps would look terrific with that zircon. Would this be for everyday wear? The chip on the girdle is what can happen to zircons if their mommy isn't easy on rings. I like your setting example too -- pretty filigree that doesn't take over on the stones. Have you thought of yellow or rose gold? I think either would be nice & rich with the zircon. I admire how patient & smart you've been, looking for just what you want, PB!

--- Laurie

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's gorgeous! I love the color of the zircon and also love your setting ideas.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, there is quite a bit of facet abrasion too but that's normal and to be expected with zircons. I love the cut though and it will be great with the design you have in mind.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Thanks all! I'm not usually a yg fan but hadn't thought of rose! That would be yummy...

I promise to be a good mommy and baby this little one. Special occasions only!!!

alice87

Shiny_Rock

Such a unique ring. Beautiful stone!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful zircon! A pretty calming, ocean blue! The 3 stone setting with traps on the side is absolutely dynamite! That will be a gorgeous ring!!! Looking forward to the finished product!!! So exciting!! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! I really love that blue and I love the setting you chose-it's going to be a knockout for sure! :love: I cannot wait to see that beauty on your hand!! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for all the support!! I'm excited everyone seems to like it so far ::) Does anyone have suggestions for who to go to for an antique style setting? At this point I am okay with CAD and not a true antique (unless of course I can find a great deal on one) but would welcome suggestions for who to be able to execute a CAD with the delicate basket detail that I am looking for.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful stone and I am excited to see what you do with it!

Are you going to try to buff out those facet abrasions? There are lapidaries who do recuts, I am sure they could easily take care of the abrasions and chip.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I like the stone and the design. You could also fo for a 5-stone to increase finger coverage.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

erinl|1363872708|3410247 said:
Beautiful stone and I am excited to see what you do with it!

Are you going to try to buff out those facet abrasions? There are lapidaries who do recuts, I am sure they could easily take care of the abrasions and chip.

Ooh...I hadn't thought of that as a possibility. Any particular vendor you would suggest for a recut?

pregcurious|1363875156|3410273 said:
I like the stone and the design. You could also fo for a 5-stone to increase finger coverage.

I had a couple 5 stone designs saved but in the end I couldn't decide on one...I *think* that the 3 stone would give me enough face-up finger coverage but thanks for the suggestion!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jerry Newman does good work at reasonable prices.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

Jerry is who I would recommend as well. I know Dan Stair does recuts as well and has been spoken highly of by many.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results