shape
carat
color
clarity

Final WF Selections - Thoughts?

KEV123

Rough_Rock
Hello All!

Me again :). After a lot of thought and advice from the group... I think we are going to go with cut quality/the guarantee of White Flash and their upgrade policy vs. the other jeweler we were working with that offered more size for the $. I did go ahead and order a smaller H SI1 from WF to compare to my current I SI2 GIA XXX. I have been wearing it around for last couple of days and honestly...in a lot of environments I am not seeing a huge difference (then again my current stone is a 1.7 on HCA tool so fairly well cut) but some times I definitely do see the WF difference, almost like more depth to the stone. So taking a leap of faith and trusting in their stones even though they come at a premium.

4 Stone Options Assessed: Think we are leaning towards 3.088 and 3.063 unless we are missing something!? WF said leakage on the Expert Selection but the price is nice! 3.126 WF said they can barely make out an inclusion at 6-10 inches, rest they could not see. Does it surprise anyone how many inclusions there are on certs at VS2 clarity?

Also...someone had recommended getting a side view photo taken to assess body color. Great idea! Picture below. IMO, I am thinking the 3.088 and 3.063 show the least body color. They actually almost look better/same as the smaller G stone they used for comparison. Thoughts?

Diamond compare 1.jpg

TRAY_3.088-3.126-2.538-3.072-3.063.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only looked at the 3.08 and 3.06. For me, it would be the 3.06. I'm not seeing much difference...they are both lovely. They'd make a great
set of earrings...can you imagine! For that reason, I would save the $5k. It's hard to go wrong with an ACA. Even if you decide you want a better color/clarity later you've got the upgrade option.

That's my 2 cents!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
What a color difference between the three Hs: 3.088, 3.063, and 3.126. :oops2: I like the color of 3.06 but not the SI1 clarity. If you are ok with that particular clarity, then 3.06. If you prefer VS2, then 3.088 - looks whiter than its counterpart 3.126. Quality-wise, they are all great stones.

KEV123

Rough_Rock
I only looked at the 3.08 and 3.06. For me, it would be the 3.06. I'm not seeing much difference...they are both lovely. They'd make a great
set of earrings...can you imagine! For that reason, I would save the $5k. It's hard to go wrong with an ACA. Even if you decide you want a better color/clarity later you've got the upgrade option.

That's my 2 cents!

Thank you so much! WF actually recommended the 3.063 as well noting they couldn't see any inclusions/tell a visual difference between the VS2 and SI1. Always love a jeweler that is transparent with customers!

KEV123

Rough_Rock
What a color difference between the three Hs: 3.088, 3.063, and 3.126. :oops2: I like the color of 3.06 but not the SI1 clarity. If you are ok with that particular clarity, then 3.06. If you prefer VS2, then 3.088 - looks whiter than its counterpart 3.126. Quality-wise, they are all great stones.

Isn't it crazy?!?! I would never have thought to ask for the side views like that until Price Scopers recommended. Agree with you! 3.088 and 3.063 are our top picks for color! We reserved 3.063 since WF said they can't see any inclusions/note a visible difference between that one and the VS2 but we have until Monday to make final call!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results