shape
carat
color
clarity

Final Earring Decision Time - PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stagedr

Rough_Rock
This is a very special gift for my wife that I must buy this week! I am down to a final choice between two merchants both in my budget of $3000. From Norman Landesberg on W 47th in NYC, the GIA cert loose stones are .71 and .73 respectively, both SI2 and I color (I don''t see where it says cut on GIA cert. - round brilliant?) including I think a white gold setting. The Non-GIA cert are certified by the gemologist who owns the second store ((Haniken, also on 47th) and are 1.48 total, G color, ideal cut, round in 4 prong white gold. Haniken states retail value $5850. So which do I go with? Either way they are $3000. Which do I go with? VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is the GIA report numbers? Maybe it is an old report before GIA started grading cut.

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
I have major concerns about 47th Street.........thats all I will say.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2009 11:24:57 AM
Author:stagedr
This is a very special gift for my wife that I must buy this week! I am down to a final choice between two merchants both in my budget of $3000. From Norman Landesberg on W 47th in NYC, the GIA cert loose stones are .71 and .73 respectively, both SI2 and I color (I don't see where it says cut on GIA cert. - round brilliant?) including I think a white gold setting. The Non-GIA cert are certified by the gemologist who owns the second store ((Haniken, also on 47th) and are 1.48 total, G color, ideal cut, round in 4 prong white gold. Haniken states retail value $5850. So which do I go with? Either way they are $3000. Which do I go with? VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT!
Hi stagedr,

I responded to your earlier thread concerning these diamonds I believe. Cut refers actually to the quality of the physical cutting that the diamond undergoes rather than shape, although some do believe cut refers to shape. It is cut which brings out the beauty of a diamond so very important to concentrate on that. With the GIA report if no cut grade given then I assume it is a pre cut grade report, in which case the proportions won't be available. If you prefer the ungraded pair then again make the sale final on the diamonds checking out to your satisfaction with an independant appraisal, 3k is a lot of money and you want to make sure whatever you choose that the diamonds are the quality stated.

If you are in NY, I would suggest contacting these 2 vendors,

www.exceldiamonds.com

www.engagementringsdirect.com

Both of these vendors are on 47th St. If you have time and you didn't mind a trip out to LI, you could try Jon at

www.goodoldgold.com to see what he can come up with for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results