shape
carat
color
clarity

Final Decision Time! Which to choose?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
both of these will be totally eye-clean.

I would go with the 0.75

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the .75. I'm assuming the price on these stones are about the same?

speedy0514

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1308152729|2946600 said:
I would go with the .75. I'm assuming the price on these stones are about the same?

Yep. I'm leaning toward the .75 too.

speedy0514

Rough_Rock
A big thank you to everyone for the helpful advice over the past week or so. What a great community for people who have a genuine interest in diamonds and jewelry (and helping people) - it has been extremely insightful reading these boards as I made my decision.

I went with the 0.75ct G/VS1 signature H&A from BGD. I worked with Jamie over the phone and e-mail and it was a fast, seamless transaction.

Here's an update on my progress:

I picked up the diamond from the local Fedex facility and took it straight over to the jeweler who will ordering my custom setting.

To set the scene: my jeweler's store is covered in yellowy oak paneling. I mean it's everywhere, on each wall, display case, even along parts of the ceiling. It makes no sense to me, given that they are selling merchandise that is idealized when colorless. I think all of their stones take on an unnatural yellow tone, regardless of their grade. And of course there's fluorescent track lighting every foot or so.

This is where my concern comes in...

I was hesitant to go down to a G color already because I tend to have very color sensitive eyes. So it was the first thing I looked at out of the box. I have to say, I wasn't too happy with how the color appeared in their store. It had more of a yellow-gray tint than I was expecting. It didn't look much different from a K in their display case. So I took the diamond all around their store trying to find a different lighting situation, but had no luck. The storefront was the only place that offered remotely natural lighting through the windows and door. And the diamond looked 'near colorless' in the natural light as I was expecting for a G color grade.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? The diamond is absolutely beautiful. Tons of sparkle and fire, and I think it will look great in the halo setting my special lady picked out. So I ordered it and left the diamond with my jeweler. But I'm still a bit bothered by how the diamond looked in their store. Is it safe to say that this was an unusual lighting condition?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
speedy0514|1308439500|2949208 said:
A big thank you to everyone for the helpful advice over the past week or so. What a great community for people who have a genuine interest in diamonds and jewelry (and helping people) - it has been extremely insightful reading these boards as I made my decision.

I went with the 0.75ct G/VS1 signature H&A from BGD. I worked with Jamie over the phone and e-mail and it was a fast, seamless transaction.

Here's an update on my progress:

I picked up the diamond from the local Fedex facility and took it straight over to the jeweler who will ordering my custom setting.

To set the scene: my jeweler's store is covered in yellowy oak paneling. I mean it's everywhere, on each wall, display case, even along parts of the ceiling. It makes no sense to me, given that they are selling merchandise that is idealized when colorless. I think all of their stones take on an unnatural yellow tone, regardless of their grade. And of course there's fluorescent track lighting every foot or so.

This is where my concern comes in...

I was hesitant to go down to a G color already because I tend to have very color sensitive eyes. So it was the first thing I looked at out of the box. I have to say, I wasn't too happy with how the color appeared in their store. It had more of a yellow-gray tint than I was expecting. It didn't look much different from a K in their display case. So I took the diamond all around their store trying to find a different lighting situation, but had no luck. The storefront was the only place that offered remotely natural lighting through the windows and door. And the diamond looked 'near colorless' in the natural light as I was expecting for a G color grade.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? The diamond is absolutely beautiful. Tons of sparkle and fire, and I think it will look great in the halo setting my special lady picked out. So I ordered it and left the diamond with my jeweler. But I'm still a bit bothered by how the diamond looked in their store. Is it safe to say that this was an unusual lighting condition?

Yes, I think it is safe to say that it was an unusual lighting condition. I find that the bright jewelry store lights make diamonds look more tinted (to me) and I am sure that the walls did not help any :) If it looked good to you in natural light then I think you will be very happy with it!~

speedy0514

Rough_Rock
slg47 said:
Yes, I think it is safe to say that it was an unusual lighting condition. I find that the bright jewelry store lights make diamonds look more tinted (to me) and I am sure that the walls did not help any :) If it looked good to you in natural light then I think you will be very happy with it!~

Thanks for the reassurance. I think I might go back and see if I can bring the diamond home for a day or so to test it in different lighting and put my mind at ease. I'm super excited to get the ring! This will be a tough few weeks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results