shape
carat
color
clarity

Final Decision between 2 cushions... Need 2 Decide TODAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

latennight71

Rough_Rock
ok, I''m down to 2 finalists (unless another stone pops up at the last second). My GF wanted a modern cushion (more sparkling)

1.66ct F SI1 Hand Selected Cushion http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2656
Reserve Diamond
Shape: Cushion
Carat Weight: 1.66ct
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 2.27%
Lab Report: GIA
Lab Report #: 15588199
In House: Yes
Width: 6.51mm
Length: 7.73mm
Depth: 4.30mm
Table Percentage: 70.55%
Depth Percentage: 66.08%
Crown Depth: 12.16%
Pavilion Depth: 48.84%
Policy: Limited Guarantee
Price: $10,255.41

pic1.jpg

Stone 2
1.52ct G VS2 Hand Selected Cushion http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2658
Reserve Diamond
Shape: Cushion
Carat Weight: 1.52ct
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 2.14%
Lab Report: GIA
Lab Report #: 15234862
In House: Yes
Width: 6.36mm
Length: 7.50mm
Depth: 4.36mm
Table Percentage: 72.50%
Depth Percentage: 68.50%
Crown Depth: 17.19%
Pavilion Depth: 44.19%
Policy: Limited Guarantee
Price: $9,512.45

pic1.jpg

Thanks again for everyones assistance and advice

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I am not at all an expert on cushions, so I can''t comment on the cut. I would probably pick the first one because the color is slightly better and it is slightly larger. Did GOG have a recommendation between the two?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
today huh? so you weren''t exactly kidding about the 24 hour thing! I honestly don''t recommend purchasing a cushion on such a short timeline, but if I HAD to get one today from GOG under 10k I''d get this one... it''s smaller but it''s going to be more brilliant for sure... and it''s definitely a modern, sparkley cut. No big old fashioned facets - it almost looks like a radiant or something... it''s unusual for sure.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2518/

And this one is even smaller again but I like it even *more* than the other one I posted above, by a lot!!!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2503/

But if you give yourself some time.... even better.

latennight71

Rough_Rock
Ive been looking for a diamond for about 5 weeks, I didnt stumble onto this forum until a few weeks ago and didnt know enough to post anything until this week. GOG definitely has an opinion but I didnt want to sway anyone. Whiteflash also has a candidate for me but it didnt photograph well at all and they are trying to do it again.

wobbly hedgehog

Rough_Rock
Of those two, I like the 2nd one better. The 1st one looks a little too "crushed ice" for me, while the 2nd one is gorgeous and sparkly, but in a more clear, faceted way.

Does that make sense?

I LOVE cushions, but am still a newbie about how to notice and define the differences between ''em.

Good luck! I''m sure you''ll get something amazing!
2.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the symmetry and outline of the G, but the F seems to be a nicer performer (via .gem) and "sparkly" like your GF wants. The action of the G seems mostly to be going on under the table, kind of dies at the crown facets.

edit: mixed up the stones.
23.gif
apologies.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one Cehra posted looks like a princess to me where the corners got rounded off. The second one looks like a round where the sides got flattened out. (Not much help here am I, LOL.)

But of the two you posted from GOG I actually like the second one better. (Keep in mind I don''t know anything about anything; I''m just going off the pictures... )

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 5:06:58 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
The first one Cehra posted looks like a princess to me where the corners got rounded off. The second one looks like a round where the sides got flattened out. (Not much help here am I, LOL.)

But of the two you posted from GOG I actually like the second one better. (Keep in mind I don''t know anything about anything; I''m just going off the pictures... )
I thought that about the first one too.... I really like the second one though - it has 4 pav mains and forms a big x kinda - and it should be pretty sparkley, both of the two I posted had really good light return and that second one if I recall had highest on all 3 for scint/brill/fire :)

If I were the fiance I''d rather have the smaller nicer stone - besides, you can always upgrade later and let her help and take your time!!!!!

latennight71

Rough_Rock
Here is that last candidate from whiteflash, I posted the photos incorrectly. I understand your comment about needing more time but unfortunately I have a set proposal date due to family travel. My girlfriends sister will only be in through next weekend and then will be away for some time.

3.jpg

2.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realize we''re looking at the stone under high magnification but I would be afraid you could still see the black inclusion in real life.

latennight71

Rough_Rock
I had the same concern. I asked 2 different people at WF to visually inspect the stone and both said it is eye clean. Its definitely more noticeable in the black background photo.

Since WF has such a good reputation here I''m guessing I can take them at thier word. yes?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 6:47:32 PM
Author: latennight71
Here is that last candidate from whiteflash, I posted the photos incorrectly. I understand your comment about needing more time but unfortunately I have a set proposal date due to family travel. My girlfriends sister will only be in through next weekend and then will be away for some time.

Is this stone eye clean? I like the cut of it better, but that bugger in the middle is bothersome to me
7.gif
But I''m pretty picky about clarity so it''s probably pretty small in person. You really won''t consider the smaller stones? And you have to propose when your girlfriend''s sister is in town?? Well.... whatever you choose, I wish you the best of luck!

3.jpg

2.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s none of my business but I''m going to offer one last bit of unsolicite advice LOL
DON''T SETTLE!!!!!!!! I know timing can feel like everything, but this is your engagement ring - don''t just pick something to get it over with!! Do any of these make you swoon? Because if you''re dropping 10k on something that is "good enough" because you''ve run out of time, you might want to consult the GF if she''d like to extend the time to give you more time to find that perfect stone. This is all of course if you don''t absolutely LOVE one of these stones. If you do absolutely love one of these stones - just snatch it up and don''t second guess!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2006 6:59:20 PM
I had the same concern. I asked 2 different people at WF to visually inspect the stone and both said it is eye clean. Its definitely more noticeable in the black background photo.

Since WF has such a good reputation here I'm guessing I can take them at thier word. yes?

Well, if I asked two people at WF if it was eye-clean and they said yes I probably would believe them. But there would be HELL TO PAY if it showed up at my house and was not eye clean to MY eye.
2.gif

Do you have specs to post on this stone?

The one big difference that leaps out at me about the stones is the shape. Do you prefer a more square cushion or a more elongated shape? That may become your deciding factor. What setting do you have in mind and would it lend itself more to one shape or the other?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the second one.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 6:47:32 PM
My girlfriends sister will only be in through next weekend and then will be away for some time.
Okay I think I missed another something.... you need the ring by next weekend - complete and done? Do you have the setting picked out?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the second one:

1.52ct G VS2 Hand Selected Cushion

It is a wonderful size and I love VS2 clarity! G is a great color as well!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 7:15:31 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I like the second one.
Ditto what she said.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
alright, is it time to spill which cushion was the favorite at GOG?
31.gif

and I won't be a sore loser if it turns out to be the G.
12.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one too.

The WF one is nice, but that inclusion right smack in the middle of the table makes me nervous.....I'd have to see it with my own eyes before I made a decision....

gail013

Shiny_Rock
I would make sure if you are buying any of these stones, that they all qualify for trade ins/ future upgrades. I am wondering if the WF one with the inclusion would fall within those guidelines-to me that would be a big deal.

I did buy a stone from WF that was sort- of eye clean. I was told what to expect, but when I got it, it bothered me quite a bit, so I had to return it. My advice would be to get get a stone without a inclusion in the table, when there are better ones out there-

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results