shape
carat
color
clarity

final choice on w-band please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Ok so I decided I want a channel set eternity band for my w-band.. first I wanted a really thin band, but now I want a 1ct. weight band..

ok my first choice is this facets band:
1.05 ctw. 3.1mm wide $1,340
21201.jpg

2nd. choice another facets band:
0.75 ctw. 3.1 mm wide $1,020
21196.jpg

3rd. choice..
Band_2.5mm_Plain2.jpg
estate diamond jewelry band:
1.15 ctw. 2.6 mm wide $1,400

and finally, I''m not considering this but I wonder why is it that cheap only in size 6?
big_image_wed03_large4.jpg

link

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
sorry for the long post.. here's a pic of my e-ring for reference

smDSC00177.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Do you know what siize the sidestones are in your ering? I think you should either match that carat weight or go smaller.

For example, my ering is 1 ctw in sidestones, and my band is also 1ctw. if I had stuck to my guns, I would have done 1/2 to 3/4 ct, but I caved ...jeweler said it would look more balanaced if I matched it, but I find the rings bulky on my chubby finger..anyway...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would figure out what the smallest diamonds are on the sides/ends of your ering (farthest from center) are in diameter, then find out which of those rings would be closest to those.... I think that would be lovely :) Not quite matchy but still a perfect match :)

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 1:25:31 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
I would figure out what the smallest diamonds are on the sides/ends of your ering (farthest from center) are in diameter, then find out which of those rings would be closest to those.... I think that would be lovely :) Not quite matchy but still a perfect match :)

That''s what I originally wanted but I think they will be too small.. how can I mesure them?? would a regular ruler help?

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 1:20:22 AM
Author: Sophie
Do you know what siize the sidestones are in your ering? I think you should either match that carat weight or go smaller.

For example, my ering is 1 ctw in sidestones, and my band is also 1ctw. if I had stuck to my guns, I would have done 1/2 to 3/4 ct, but I caved ...jeweler said it would look more balanaced if I matched it, but I find the rings bulky on my chubby finger..anyway...

sophie do you have a thread for your ring set? I''d like to see more pictures..

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 1:30:57 AM
Author: anacgarcia

Date: 1/15/2007 1:25:31 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

That''s what I originally wanted but I think they will be too small.. how can I mesure them?? would a regular ruler help?
I think you''ll find the greatest *balance* if you match the smallest stones.... but I think as long as you don''t go larger than the largest ones you should be okay. The smallest just tie it all in so nicely... you don''t want to draw attention from the center stone - you just want to enhance the set and have something that will be pretty on its own :)

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
The largest stone is 2mm, then the other 1.5mm and the smalles 1mm..
what ct. weight will that be?
33.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s easier to go by the mm width than the total weight of the band. You need to focus on the measurements and not the weight. What you probably need to do is just order a couple from Facets to try on and return the one you decide not to keep.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
by the way here''s a pic of a band I tried on at a local jewelry..

P1060142.jpg

this one is thinner.. (but uglier)

P1060143.jpg

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Isn''t there some kind of magic formula that says: match the tcw of the eternity band to the carat weight of the center stone of the engagement ring. Seems like I read it here somewhere and that it was tried and true.
1.gif
The ratio is complementary to the center stone that way!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
ana didn''t you try on a ring that had a row of bezel set rounds like the two on the very ends?

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
someone suggested this one:
Band_3279.jpg

but I don''t like it as much as the channel set ones.. I think the diamonds won''t shine as much as the other.. I prefer more diamonds and less metal..

brilliantround

Rough_Rock
Wow big pics! You have some lovely skin cells there
2.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Anny, I think the stones in the top pic on your finger are competing with your beautiful e-ring. Maybe a bit smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results